Top 5 Best 4-Slice Toasters 2020:
- Cuisinart CPT-340 4-Slice Toaster
- Cuisinart CPT-435 4-Slice Toaster
- BLACK+DECKER 4 slice toaster
- Hamilton Beach 4 Slice Toaster
- IKICH 4-Slice Toaster
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Sure, most of us eat breakfast in a rush or on the way to work, but that doesn’t change how important it is.
For most Americans, the crucial part of breakfast is toasted bread or bagels. A toasted bagel, crunchy on one side and soft on the other, makes Monday morning feel a lot better. If you love a panini in the morning, check out our top choices on panini presses.
Because of that, pretty much every kitchen in the country has a toaster on the counter. It may be a pop-up toaster or a toaster oven, but it’s there.
A toaster can be bought anywhere, even a large gas station. The market is full of toasters, making it really hard to pick one. Fortunately, we did the work for you and selected the market’s top offers. So, if you’re wondering what are the best 4-slice toasters out there, and what to look out for when buying one, read on to find out!
5 Best 4-Slice Toasters In 2020: Detailed Reviews
1. Cuisinart CPT-340 4-Slice Toaster – Best Overall
There are many reasons why we picked the Cuisinart CPT-340 to be our winner. It’s compact, but its modern design makes it a perfect addition to your home. If you’re looking for an aesthetic toaster that will serve its purpose as well, this is the one.
The exterior is made from brushed stainless steel. It’s a retro construction but it will fit into any kitchen. All exterior parts are stainless steel, which guarantees the durability of this Cuisinart toaster (compared to toasters made of plastic).
The toasting slots are wide – 1” to 1 ½“. This is a great sign, as you can toast bagels and pastries in it. However, do keep in mind that larger bagels and pastries cannot fit inside – according to customer reviews.
There is a bagel option for toasting, along with a defrost and reheat button. There is a “shade control” which gives you 6 different settings for browning. 1 is the lightest and 6 offers the darkest toast.
Everyone’s needs for toasting will be met with this toaster. The options are very versatile – you’re able to adjust the settings for any preferences your household members may have. From barely toasted bread to a crispy waffle – this toaster can make it all.
There is a “cancel” button included. If you’re worried your toast might be burning, worry not with this toaster, just push the cancel button!
CPT-340 is very simple to use and operate. The cleaning is easy, as well. There is a removable crumb tray included, which makes cleaning up even easier.
- Shade control
- Bagel, Defrost and Reheat buttons
- Easy to use and clean
- Durable stainless steel
- Bigger pastries and bagels can’t fit inside the toaster
2. IKICH 4-Slice Toaster – Runner-Up Option
IKICH Toaster is a toaster that can measure up to our Best Overall. It’s a very modern, contemporary model of a toaster. IKICH toaster is very compact, so you needn’t worry about it taking up too much space on your counter.
The exterior is also made of stainless steel, like our roundup winner. It will prove to be very durable, and you’re guaranteed to use this model for a long time.
This model doesn’t have four slots like we are used to, but two longer slots. The slots are large enough to make 4 slices of toast. The slots are also wide enough to fit pastries or muffins.
There are many functions for toasting. There are 6 choices available – number 1 dries out the bread, 2 is very light browning, 3 and 4 are medium browning, while the 5 is dark and 6 is the darkest browning. Some customer reviews state that the toaster doesn’t toast bread evenly, so you might want to take that into account if you’re set on buying this toaster.
There are additional settings included as well. Reheat, defrost, and cancel buttons are designed to make breakfast-making super easy. Unfortunately, this toaster doesn’t hold the bagel option.
There is a built-in warming rack – place all your pastries on the rack to reheat them. To make the warming rack pop up, just push the back lever.
IKICH toaster is very easy to clean. The crumb tray is included as well, so there is no reason to worry about crumbs being all over the kitchen counter.
- Wide slots for muffins and pastry
- Crumb tray included
- Built-in warming rack
- Additional settings
- It can toast unevenly
- No bagel option
3. Cuisinart CPT-435 4-Slice Toaster – Premium Option
Cuisinart CPT-435 is the toaster to have. Its sleek design along with digital technology makes this our premium, high-end choice. This toaster is will toast your bread and decorate your counter while doing so.
CPT-435 is made from stainless steel. Steel, combined with the good reputation of the Cuisinart company, make this toaster sturdy and long-lasting.
This toaster has adaptable settings for extra functionality. It has very wide, 1 to 1½ inch slots, which self-adjust according to the pastry you put inside.
The toaster settings include seven different browning settings – one more than our previously mentioned models. There are bagel, defrost, and reheat settings as well as a cancel button. With all of these options, the needs of your entire household will be met.
There is a blue LED digital interface that even has a countdown timer. The timer has a vocal prompt to let you know your toast is ready. However, the digital panel makes a soft humming noise when plugged in, so you might want to take that into account when browsing the web for a new toaster.
There are two digital panels and two sets of functions to make two different sets of toast or bagels. With this kitchen appliance, you don’t need to wait for your turn to make breakfast, everything is done in half the time!
Cuisianart toaster is very simple to operate. If you have any doubts, there is an instruction manual included in the package to make sure every toasting is a success. There is a removable crumb tray to further ensure ease of use.
- Digital interface
- Many different toast settings
- Additional settings like bagel, defrost and reheat
- Instruction manual included
- Easy to clean
- The digital panel makes noise when operating
4. BLACK+DECKER 4 slice toaster – Budget-Friendly Option
BLACK+DECKER toaster is a toaster worth talking about. It’s a more affordable option than other toasters in this article, but that’s not its main selling point.
This 4 slice toaster is a quality, heavy-duty toaster you will use for years to come. Its black, elegant design makes it look like a luxurious option rather than a budget-friendly one.
The slots are extra wide, so you can place any breakfast food inside. If you like to toast extra big bagels in the morning, this is the toaster for you!
This BLACK+DECKER toaster has seven browning settings, like our premium option. You can make customized toasted bread every time with this versatile kitchen appliance.
The additional settings are included as well. Settings like bagel and defrost are a crucial part of this 4 slice toaster. There is a stop button too, that is used to prevent your breakfast from burning up. On the other hand, a reheat button is not included.
This toaster is easy to clean and maintain. The two crumb trays included make cleaning up a breeze. All in all, this BLACK+DECKER toaster is a great investment without breaking the bank.
- Versatile toasting settings
- Additional settings like defrost and bagel
- Two crumb trays
- Extra-wide slots for any
- No reheat button
5. Hamilton Beach 4 Slice Toaster – Perfect Gift Idea
Hamilton Beach is a great toaster, a perfect gift for a close friend or a family member. This toaster has a classic look, designed to fit into any kitchen style.
The exterior is made from stainless steel and plastic. Don’t let this turn you away from buying this kitchen appliance, we assure you it’s a good, durable option.
This Hamilton Beach toaster has 4 large slots, wide enough for big bagels or artisan bread. If you love English muffins in the morning, worry not – this toaster can take it all!
There is a shade control function in this model as well – up to six different settings. There are additional settings included, like defrost and bagel. This 4 slice toaster has a cancel button as well. Unfortunately, it comes without a reheat setting.
Hamilton Beach’s toaster is surely easy to use and clean. There is a crumb tray included in the package. Buying this toaster can only make your life easier.
- Very large slots
- Shade control function
- Additional settings like bagel and defrost
- Easy to use and clean, crumb tray included
- No reheat button
Things To Keep In Mind When Buying A 4-Slice Toaster
So, first things off, what kind of toasters can you buy on the market? Most often, toasters are divided into two categories: pop-up toasters and countertop toaster ovens.
Pop-up toasters are used for making toasted bread and even pastries. On the other hand, the countertop kind of a toaster can offer a lot more versatility in cooking and food preparation. Some people who are struggling with kitchen space use a toaster oven as a regular oven! Also, check out our list of best rotisserie ovens.
You should think about your needs when investing in a toaster oven. If you need it to toast bread and bagels, and not much else, you should buy a pop-up toaster.
Pop-up toasters don’t offer much versatility in use but are pretty simple to operate. They’re a budget-friendly appliance and you can even purchase one at your local supermarket. They’re made for one specific use – to toast food, so it’s easier to toast bread in a pop-up toaster than any other way.
Also, pop-up toasters don’t haggle all the counter space. They’re pretty small in size, and they can fit pretty much anywhere. However, a toaster oven is a lot bulkier. It can take up a lot of counter space, so there’s that to remember as well.
If you’ve decided on a pop-up toaster, keep in mind these things:
- Pop-up toasters come in two types (or sizes): 2 slice and 4 slice. Obviously, the 4 slice toaster can make double more toast at once. When thinking between a 2 slice and 4 slice toasters, consider your needs and the needs of your household.
- Consider the reasons for buying a toaster. Do you make anything other than toasted bread in the toaster? If you like to toast bagels or frozen waffles, look for a model with larger slice slots, as they can’t fit in some models.
2. Modes And Settings
- The main thing to look for when browsing the web for a new toaster is what are your needs. Do you toast bread, or you use it for breakfast-type things as well?
- If you need it for toasting bread exclusively, you will likely be content with any model on the market. However, some more affordable options for toasters tend to toast unevenly. If that’s something that would bother you in the morning, consider investing a little more money into the appliance.
- However, if you’re looking for a toaster that will toast breakfast-type things like bagels, waffles, and some pastries, you will need to search for a model with larger slots. A regular-sized toaster probably won’t be able to toast anything else than slices of bread.
- Furthermore, a more affordable toaster option will come with basic modes like light, medium, and dark toast. Most of us don’t need much more than that. If you do need your toaster to have extra settings, look for toaster models that have a “bagel” or “defrost” button. A bagel mode will toast one side more than the other. Also, if you regularly buy frozen toast or waffles, remember to look out for a toaster with a “defrost” button. A “defrost” button defrosts and then toasts the bread. Also, a “reheat” button will heat the food inside without toasting.
- Everyone likes toast a little different, your household is probably the same. In order to make everyone happy in the morning, search for a toaster model that will serve everyone’s needs.
3. Ease Of Use
- Ease of use is so important. If the device is easy to operate, you’re guaranteed to use it for a long time. Sure, you might burn a few slices the first time, that’s to be expected. If that happens all the time or the toast isn’t baked enough, you will stop using it at some point. If the buttons and settings are simple and clear, you will enjoy using your new appliance.
- One more thing about the ease of use is cleaning. An easy-clean toaster is always better. Look out for a toaster with a non-stick interior. Furthermore, look out for a toaster with a crumb tray. A crumb tray will make the cleanup so much easier.
- Lots of people like to invest in an appliance that will be used for a long time. Some people claim they used their toaster for more than ten years. If you’re like that, too, consider investing a little more money into a more quality model.
- Buying a more expensive model of a toaster doesn’t always mean it’s a durable choice, though. Check the customer reviews for each model of the toaster you’re looking for. Check out the company’s reputation as well. If they make high-grade, heavy-duty toasters, they will be famous for it!
The Best 4-Slice Toaster – Conclusion
Now that we’ve reviewed our top picks for 4 slice toasters, it’s time to pronounce the best of the best. Believe us, this was no easy task, because the market offers so many great toasters, it’s hard to say which one is the best 4 slice toaster. So, without any further ado, here are our favorite choices:
Best Overall Option: Cuisinart CPT-340 4-Slice Toaster
- Cuisinart’s CPT-340 toaster is so aesthetically pleasing yet so functional. Durable stainless steel exterior combined with additional features make this toaster the best one on the market. It’s easy to use and it makes toast without a fuss!
Best Premium Option: Cuisinart CPT-435 4-Slice Toaster
- Our high-end choice is Cuisinart’s CPT-435. It’s a dash of luxury sitting on your kitchen counter, and it makes two different sets of toast at once. In other words, this is a great, versatile pop-up toaster!
Best Budget-Friendly Option: BLACK+DECKER 4 slice toaster
- BLACK+DECKER toaster is an affordable, great choice for a toaster. Its versatility combined with the ease of use makes this kitchen appliance a great buy. If you’re looking into the budget-friendly but quality toasters, this is the one for you!