Top 5 Best Long Slot Toasters 2020:
- Breville BTA830XL Smart Toaster
- KitchenAid KMT4116CU 4 Slice Long Slot Toaster
- Elite Cuisine Platinum ECT-3100 Cool Touch Long Slot Toaster
- Hamilton Beach 4 Slice Extra Wide Long Slot Stainless Steel Toaster
- Kenwood TTM610 Persona Collection Toaster
No breakfast is complete without a delicious batch of perfectly-toasted bread.
And what’s better than freshly made toast? Well, that’s perfectly toasted artisan bread!
Unfortunately, a standard multi-slotted toaster just isn’t big enough to accommodate the goodness that is freshly made artisan bread. This is why you need a long slot toaster.
Getting a reliable model is no hard feat. However, the real question is, which is the best long slot toaster for you?
To find that out, you have to keep in mind factors like design, size, build quality, ease of cleaning, and many others. Unfortunately, doing the necessary research by yourself can take up quite a lot of time.
The time you probably don’t have.
Worry not! We’ve done the research for you! In this article, we’ve reviewed the five best long slot toasters on the current market. Not only that, but we’ve also compiled a neat buyer’s guide.
5 Best Long Slot Toasters In 2020: Detailed Reviews
After many hours of testing and more than a dozen batches of tasty toast, these are the five best long slot toasters that made it to our list.
We’ve made sure we covered high-quality models that can fit in anyone’s budget.
1. Breville BTA830XL Smart Toaster – Editor’s Choice
The Breville BTA830XL Smart Long Slot Toaster is one of the best kitchen appliances we’ve ever come across. This high-tech toaster surpassed all our expectations! The Breville comes jam-packed with cool features that will make your morning toast sessions fun, smooth, and incredibly easy!
This toaster features two slots that are 10 inches in length and around an inch and a half wide. This means you won’t have trouble toasting even the biggest slices of your favorite pastry.
The extra-long, extra-wide slots are just the beginning of the goodness that is Breville BTA830XL.
Each slot can be controlled separately. This means that you can have a bagel in one slot and rye bread toasting on the other slot, and each will turn out perfect because you can set each slot to an ideal temperature.
This is not where the cool features end. With a press of the button, the Breville will automatically and silently lower the bread slices. Another cool feature is the button that activates bagel toasting mode. Not only that, but there is also a button labeled “a bit more,” which adds a little extra time to an already running cycle.
Breville long slot toaster isn’t just packed with features, it’s also stylishly designed. This toaster will perfectly fit in with your other kitchen appliances, all thanks to its sleek, die-cast steel housing, and elegant 1-touch buttons.
- Jam-packed with useful features
- Perfectly-sized slots
- Slots can be controlled independently
- Die-cast steel housing
- Absolutely none!
2. KitchenAid KMT4116CU 4 Slice Long Slot Toaster – First Contender
The second place on our list of best long slot toasters goes to KitchenAid KMT4116CU. This high-tech, minimalistic toaster might be over budget for some, but it’s worth every penny.
The first thing that caught our eye when reviewing this long slot toaster is its contemporary design. The KitchenAid doesn’t look too much different than the toaster your parents had, and we find it incredibly endearing.
But, unlike the toasters of old, this one comes with a slew of high-tech features.
The KitchenAid toaster features two slots that can accommodate almost any type of pastry. You won’t have any trouble toasting anything from baguettes to homemade bread, and everything in between!
This long slot toaster comes with seven heat settings. By turning the dial on the front panel, you can set the temperature from defrosting all the way to dark.
Of course, most toasters come with some type of temperature control, but this one goes a bit further. Below the dial, three buttons can be switched on for bagel toasting, defrosting, and keeping the toasted slice warm for a more extended period.
This is not where the good stuff ends. This long slot also comes with a crumb tray for easy cleaning and a cord storage area for added convenience.
- Minimalistic design
- Excellent temperature control
- Comes with a crumb tray
- Available in three colors
- A bit pricey
3. Elite Cuisine Platinum ECT-3100 Cool Touch Long Slot Toaster – Best Budget Option
We get it. Not everyone has a hundred or more bucks to spend on a toaster. Thankfully, you don’t have to shell out serious cash to get the perfect toast every morning.
Thankfully, Elite Cuisine Platinum ECT-3100 comes with all the benefits of a modern toaster at a fraction of the cost!
Although this ECT-3100 is a budget toaster, it’s far from cheap looking. The stainless steel body and black plastic accents give this kitchen appliance a premium look. You can rest assured it will fit in your kitchen perfectly.
The slots are around ten inches long and 1.25-inches wide, which is just enough to accommodate most types of sliced pastry. If slots were a bit wider, we would place this toaster at the top of this list.
Unfortunately, the low budget also means a lack of features. Unlike the previous two models we reviewed, the ETC-3100 doesn’t come with features like separately controlled slots or bagel toasting mode.
This toaster comes with only the most essential features. These features can be accessed by a press of a button and include defrosting and reheating modes, as well as the option to cancel and eject the toast mid-process. On top of that, you get six temperature options you can set by turning the dial.
Even though it’s slim in features, the ECT-3100 is easy to clean thanks to the inbuilt crumb tray.
- Adequately-sized slots
- Stainless steel housing
- Features a crumb tray
- Lacks advanced features
4. Hamilton Beach 4 Slice Extra Wide Long Slot Stainless Steel Toaster – Best For Wide Slices Of Bread
The Hamilton Beach 4 Slice Extra Wide Long Slot toaster offers you many options to customize your morning toasting ritual to any way you like. If you want your toast slices nice and thick, read along!
This toaster features two extra-long, extra-wide slots that can fit any shape and size of a bread slice. And even though the slots are wider than usual, it can still toast four slices of regular bread with ease. However, we found this toaster works best when toasting thick slices of homemade bread.
When it comes to temperature control, this toaster comes with seven different settings you can access by simply turning the dial.
Besides the temperature control, the Hamilton Beach toaster also comes with features that allow you to access extra features. With a press of a button, you can set this toaster to toast bagels, toast frozen bread, and warm up an already toasted slice.
There is also a button that will lift up the slices higher so you can pick them up more quickly. And since this toaster is made out of stainless steel, you can rest assured you won’t accidentally burn your hand if you touch it while it’s turned on.
Not only that, but it also comes with a crumb tray and a dedicated storage compartment for the power cord!
- Extra-wide double slots
- Built out of stainless steel
- Comes with a crumb tray
- The slots can be too wide for some
5. Kenwood TTM610 Persona Collection Toaster – Most Versatile Long Slot Toaster
Kenwood TTM610 Persona Collection Toaster is one of the most versatile kitchen appliances we had the luck of reviewing. Let’s see why!
The main feature of the Kenwood toaster is its separate wire basket. You can adjust the width of the basket according to your needs. This basket also comes with two handles for increased comfort and can be used to make Panin and sandwiches without the fear of them crumbling apart.
This toaster comes equipped with a single toasting slot. By sliding the handle on the side, you can adjust the width of the slot anywhere from 0.5 inches to whopping 2.5 inches. This feature allows you to easily fit a wide variety of pastries such as bagels, croissant sandwiches.
The Kenwood TTM610 Persona Collection Toaster also comes with dedicated preset buttons for toasting bread, bagels, croissants, and Panini. These presets are incredibly useful since you won’t have to guess how long you need to keep a bagel in the toaster to get it to toast perfectly.
And if you don’t want to use the presets, you can do things the old-fashion way by turning the temperature control dial located next to the lower/eject lever.
On top of that, the TTM610 is also incredibly stylish. This long slot toaster is built out of stainless steel and is designed like an appliance you’d find in a professional kitchen.
- Incredibly versatile thanks to the spate basket cage
- Comes with tons of presets
- Built out of stainless steel
- Has only one slot
Why Do You Need A Long Slot Toaster?
We never answered the question, why would you want a long slot toaster?
The answer is quite simple, a long slot toaster is an upgrade from the standard toaster in every way. The main issue with conventional toasters is that they lack versatility. With this type of toaster, you are limited to supermarket toast bread and hot pockets. The world of pastry is much bigger than that.
This is where long slot toasters come into play. With this kitchen appliance, you can toast not only standard bread but also long slices of baguettes, focaccia bread, bagels, fruit bread, cornbread, and much more. There are so many options out there, and all of them are better than your run-of-the-mill toast bread.
A long slot toaster is a necessity if you like making your own bread or buying it by the loaves from your local bakery. Why? The answer is simple, you can customize the cuts. You want your favorite bread to be cut the best way, so it gets toasted perfectly. Long slot toasters usually feature adjustable slots, allowing you to toast slices of various thicknesses.
Another reason why you need a long slot toaster is safety. Yes, safety!
- As funny as it seems, the stuff you watch in cartoons where the character gets electrocuted by sticking a fork in the toaster is actually happening in real life. When an oversized slice of bread gets stuck in the toaster, an alarming number of people try to pry it out using a metallic object. In fact, 700 people worldwide get killed every year because they jammed a metallic object the toaster.
- Long slot toasters practically eliminate the possibility of bread getting stuck. All because they have longer and broader slots than standard, double-slot toasters.
Long slot toasters also come with a slew of cool features. With this kitchen appliance, you’re not just limited to bread. Many modern long slot toasters come with features that allow you to toast all kinds of food such as grilled cheese sandwiches, paninis, cheese biscuits, and tortillas.
And lastly, long slot toasters are more compact. This type of toaster features a narrower, slimmer design that’s akin to oven toasters, which means they are excellent space savers!
6 Things To Consider When Buying A Long Slot Toaster
Now that you know why you need a long slot toaster, it’s time to learn what factors you should consider so that the model you choose fits your needs perfectly!
1. Design And Ergonomics
- The first thing you should consider when on the prowl for a long slot toaster is the design and ergonomics. After all, this kitchen appliance is going to be one of the centerpieces of your kitchen.
- This is why it’s essential to pick a toaster that comes with a highly attractive and functional design. We recommend you go for a long slot toaster that features a stainless steel housing because so you avoid difficulties with fitting it in with the rest of your kitchen appliances.
- When it comes to ergonomics, we recommend you look for a toaster that comes with easy to press, easy to read buttons. And if a particular toaster catches your eye, we recommend you make sure it comes with a cord long enough to reach your power outlets.
- When it comes to choosing the best long slot toaster, we recommend you go for one that’s made out of highly-durable materials such as aluminum or stainless steel. In any case, you should go for a model that has minimal plastic parts.
- Of course, you shouldn’t stray from plastic long slot toasters. There are many excellent plastic models out there. You just have to make sure the model you’re going for is made out of parts that don’t easily break or chip away.
3. Number Of Slots
- When it comes to toasters, the more slots, the merrier. The number of slots a toaster comes with determines how many slices of bread you can toast at a time.
- Long slot toasters usually come in two types: 2-slice and 4-slice. These two types are pretty self-explanatory. The former allows for toasting only two slices while the latter allows for four.
- Since you’re probably upgrading from a standard toaster, we recommend you go for a 4-slice option because it’s more versatile.
4. Slot Size
- When looking for a long slot toaster, we recommend you go for a model that features slots around 10 inches in length. When it comes to width, the ideal slot should be at least inc and a half wide so it can accommodate thicker slices of pastry.
- Of course, you can also go for toasters with smaller slots if you don’t plan on toasting thick slices of bread. It all boils down to personal preference.
5. Ease Of Cleaning
- When browsing for a new long slot toaster, you should look for a model that comes with a crumb tray. Although this might not seem too important at first, you will quickly change your mind after you notice a pile of crumbs accumulating at the bottom of the toaster.
- With some toasters, there is no way to get rid of the crumbs, aside from reaching down in with tools to clean it out.
- This is why it’s essential to look for a model that features a crumb tray since it will make the job of cleaning it that much easier.
6. Additional Features
- The number of additional features a long slot toaster can come with is nothing short of stunning.
- Some models can be preprogrammed to thaw frozen foods or reheat your pastry. Other long slot toasters come with a keep-warm feature that keeps bread warm until you take it out. Some even come with a bread oven!
- When it comes to additional features, the world is your oyster. Go for a model that comes with features you will find most useful.
Our Final Words
At the end of this tasty adventure, all that’s left is to proclaim the best long slot toaster.
By far, the best long slot toaster is the Breville BTA830XL Smart Toaster. Not only does it come with a whole slew of useful features, but it’s also incredibly stylish.
The first contender is the KitchenAid KMT4116CU 4 Slice Long Slot Toaster because it’s just as capable as the Brevile. However, it is a bit overpriced and isn’t as feature-rich as the winner.
And if you’re on a budget, look no further than Elite Cuisine Platinum ECT-3100 Cool Touch Long Slot Toaster. It doesn’t come with all the features a high-end long slot toaster comes with, but it’s still quite capable of making delicious toast.