Top 5 Best Rotisserie Ovens 2020:
- Ronco ST5000PLGEN Showtime Rotisserie Platinum Edition
- Maxi-Matic ERO-2008S Countertop Toaster Oven with Top Grill & Griddle Rotisserie
- Cuisinart TOB-200N Rotisserie Convection Toaster Oven
- Hamilton Beach 31104D Countertop Oven with Convection & Rotisserie
- Black+Decker WCR-076 Rotisserie Toaster Oven
Sundays are for roast.
No matter if it’s chicken or a lamb, maybe even pork as long as that perfect smell travels along with the house and wakes everyone up.
That smell makes everyone hungry. We can bet on it.
We are aware that preparing roast can be a long and difficult process, especially if you are inexperienced. The key to a good roast is to cook it in a specific multifunction oven. Of course, you can use your regular oven, but the result may not be the same.
You want your roast to be perfectly moist, tender, with crunchy crispy skin on top, and there is no better way to achieve that than using the roaster oven or mainly called rotisserie oven. Considering most people still have regular ovens at home, we decided to write a thorough buying guide and help you get to know with this appliance better.
If we got your attention, make sure you read our best rotisserie oven article now.
5 Best Rotisserie Ovens In 2020: Detailed Reviews
1. Ronco ST5000PLGEN Showtime Rotisserie Platinum Edition – Great For Idealists
This oven is the top pick for you if you strive to perfection when it comes to cooking meat. It is not too bulky; it is more on the medium size, and it is 13 inches tall so it will easily fit your countertop or even in your kitchen cabinet. If the size concerns you, let us make it clear right away it can effortlessly fit two chickens inside at the time.
The temperature range is between 150°F and 450°F, and it comes with a built-in timer. You can control the temperature on a complete gradient-like with a real oven, or set it on one of the few presets like broil, rotisserie, toast, and bake.
It is not the most beautiful looking oven, but we decided to go around that since it features non-stick design and is very easy to clean. You can remove the glass door and the pan and wash them in the dishwasher; the rest of the oven must be wiped with a damp cloth.
What makes this oven so good? Well, it has a removable heat shield that helps to brown your meat and provide the texture of the meat just the way you want it. The next best thing about the product is its stay-cool handles that will prevent accidental burns. Also, the good news is that it is energy-efficient, considering it consumes only one-third of the energy compared to the other rotisserie ovens.
- Energy efficient
- Excellent temperature range and capacity
- Dishwasher safe
- Removable heat shield
- Stay-cool handles
2. Maxi-Matic ERO-2008S Countertop Toaster Oven with Top Grill & Griddle Rotisserie – The Most Versatile One
This is not a regular rotisserie oven; you can use it to grill, bake, broil, keep warm, toast, and steam your meat and veggies. It is also very suitable for people who love to experiment with new food and preparation methods. The height of the oven is approximately 14 inches, which is pretty good since it can fit in your kitchen with ease.
When it comes to the specifications, this oven does not offer something unspecific, but the point is that it can meet all your basic requirements and get the job done correctly. The temperature range is between 150°F and 450°F. It comes with an built-in adjustable timer so you can set it and forget it. The bad news is that the timer can be set to 60 minutes only.
You can also set it on the preset option and let the oven do the rest. The best advice we can give you is experimenting with timer and temperature for some basic dishes to learn how this oven works.
The great part about the product is how multi-practical it is since you can cook the meat inside and grill or steam veggies on the top at the same time—talking about time efficiency done right.
Oven top and surface are coated with a non-stick layer, so all you have to do when cleaning is wipe it off. All other removable parts are dishwasher safe; you can even try to wrap them with foil and avoid cleaning at all.
- Versatile use
- Easy to clean
- Dishwasher safe
- Adjustable timer go only for an hour
3. Cuisinart TOB-200N Rotisserie Convection Toaster Oven – Get The Best Of Both Worlds
This interesting combination of both convection and rotisserie oven is an excellent choice if you are a new cook, and you need an appliance that can do almost all and save you plenty of kitchen space.
As you can see, this appliance will serve you like a rotisserie and conventional oven. This means it will offer you versatility as well as a great cooking capacity. In terms of more substantial meals, it will allow you to fit a five-pound chicken with ease. The only thing we consider as a flaw is that it can only fit one rotisserie spit that enables you to cook, for example, only one chicken at a time.
The oven is very easy to use. The controls are digital, and you will find two buttons on the control panel from where you can switch to convection or rotisserie oven, depending on your need. As we said, this oven is very versatile since it features twelve types of cooking functions.
You can set the temperature in a range between 175°F and 500°F. The great thing is that the oven features four individual heating sensors that help to distribute the heat evenly so you will always get that perfectly juicy meat under the crispy brown skin.
The oven is made of stainless steel covered with a non-stick layer that will allow you easy cleaning by wiping out with a damp cloth and mild detergent.
- Temperature range
- Rotisserie and convection oven in one
- Heating sensors
- Easy to clean
- Twelve cooking functions
- Can fit only one thing at a time
4. Hamilton Beach 31104D Countertop Oven with Convection & Rotisserie – 2-in-1 Combo For Maximum Convenience
The Hamilton Beach 31104 model is a compact combo oven that is cost-efficient as well. It will allow you to bake, broil, and roast. When set on the convection setting, this oven is maybe the fastest one we tested yet and, at the same time, very energy-efficient.
What we need to mention is that this is a revolving rotisserie oven, meaning that your meat will automatically revolve this way; the heat will spread evenly, making your meat perfectly tender and crispy at the same time. The temperature range goes from 150°F up to 500°F.
Also, you can set the timer up to a maximum of 2 hours, which is good for most meals, but it still should have been extended to at least 3 hours so to allow you more versatile use. This oven does not feature digital controls like the previous model, and it is more old-school, which we like better since it is even easier to use.
The oven is made from stainless steel, and it features a medium size design so it will not get in your way even if you place it right on the countertop. If the size concerns you, there is no need since you can fit 5lbs chicken in it, and knowing it comes with two racks, you can bake two pizzas at a time, for example.
The nonstick material will allow effortless cleaning, and removable parts like drip tray, pans, and racks can be washed in the dishwasher.
- Convection and rotisserie oven
- Temperature range
- Nonstick coating
- Fast and energy-efficient
- Timer maximum is 2 hours
5. Black+Decker WCR-076 Rotisserie Toaster Oven – Effortless Use
Get ready to be amazed by the high power that this oven possesses. Having 1500 watts of power is not so common for a rotisserie oven. This power will allow you to cook heavy meals in no time while being energy-efficient at the same time.
It allows versatile use since you can set it to bake, broil, keep warm, rotisserie, and toast. It features pre-set programs for the popular food items so that basically means all you have to do is put your meal in the oven and press the desired button. The oven will automatically set the time and temperature according to your choice.
You can set the timer manually as well, and it, unfortunately, can’t go above 60 minutes, which is what we don’t like. The temperature range is from 150°F up to 450°F.
The cooking capacity of this oven is good; you can fit a whole chicken or a large pizza. But what we didn’t expect and what we doubted was that this oven comes with a convectional heating process. Luckily for all of us, the convectional fan works great, and all the cooked meals will come out from this oven evenly cooked.
There is one more thing we must warn you about; the exterior can get quite hot when the oven is set at high temperatures, so you must be very careful. On the bright side, the oven is easy to clean, considering it is made from nonstick material.
- High power
- Versatile use
- Good temperature range
- Pre-set programs
- Exterior tends to get hot
Things To Consider Before Purchasing Rotisserie Oven
It is not that easy to buy a rotisserie oven, as it seems at first. There are some things you must consider first. Luckily for you, we enlisted all the features that are a must-have to make your purchase as easy as it can be.
1. Size And Interior Cooking Capacity
- The most important criteria is the size since that dictates how much cooking you can do at a time. Some models can cook 15 pounds of meat, and there are models that can fit only 3 pounds. The best size, if you ask us, is the one that can fit the whole chicken in since that will for sure not be too big nor too small for your needs.
- Anything larger than that can be very inconvenient for daily use since they are meant for roasting a whole turkey. Don’t get us wrong, those large ovens are great, but they do come with some drawbacks. See Also: The Best Turkey Fryers
- First, they take up a lot of counter space, and usually, kitchens do not tend to have that much space. Considering that usually, the main reason for buying a rotisserie oven is a small-sized kitchen don’t forget that there are approximately a foot and a half between upper cabinets and countertop and that you must choose wisely.
- There are a few different kinds of rotisserie ovens available nowadays. Currently, the most popular models are those that are in combination with convection ovens or are very similar to them since they feature a small fan to circulate the heated air and allow even cooking every time. Some use infrared technology to heat the meat instead of the air.
- You should be looking for ovens that are equipped with at least 1300 W, but we recommend aiming above 1500 W range to be able to cook with ease more dense meat cuts.
3. Adjustable Settings
- Adjustable settings for timer and temperature are a must if you ask us. In case you are a beginner in the kitchen, then we recommend you to look for ovens with pre-programmed timer and temperature options.
4. Cooking Features
- When buying a rotisserie oven, look for some additional cooking features like pre-programmed settings, rotational options, heat sensors, heat revolving options to help you cook your meals without risk of burning them. They will also allow you to be time-efficient as well as energy-efficient.
- There is no need for us to explain to you how beneficial it can be as well as cost-effective if the rotisserie oven you bought can serve the purpose of a convection oven. However, you must know that using both options at the same time on a regular basis might not be time-efficient nor energy-efficient.
- When looking for a rotisserie oven, you should expect that the price goes high as the rotisserie goes larger in dimensions. Of course, extra features will affect the price as well, but the size is the main feature that dictates the price, as we already said.
Let’s Wrap Things Up
Having a rotisserie oven can be very convenient even if you sport a regular oven more often. It can help you prepare larger quantities of food for your dinner parties, or it can help you prepare a quick breakfast in no time when the whole family is in a hurry.
The possibilities with this kitchen appliance are endless, and if you are tempted to buy one, make sure you read our article and learn all you have to know before making a final decision.
Best Overall Value: Cuisinart TOB-200N Rotisserie Convection Toaster Oven
- This compact, versatile oven is a great choice if you need both a rotisserie and convection oven. It features four heat sensors that will enable heat to spread evenly across the oven and cook your meat till it’s perfect. It also sports a modern design and digital controls that are easy to use.
Best Budget Option: Maxi-Matic ERO-2008S Countertop Toaster Oven with Top Grill & Griddle Rotisserie
- If you are on the budget and you still need a versatile rotisserie oven, we can’t think about a better pick than this one. This model is more similar to a toaster with rotisserie capabilities than to an oven, but that is why it is so versatile. If you know, you will not use this appliance more than a few times each week or even months; this is what you should go for.
Premium Pick: Ronco ST5000PLGEN Showtime Rotisserie Platinum Edition
- If you don’t mind spending quite some amount of money then this elegant and easy to clean oven is the perfect choice for you. It is powerful; it also features a heat shield that provides great flavor and texture to your meat. This rotisserie oven will be everything you hope and more.