Top 5 Best Electric Grills 2020:
- Kenyon Floridian All Seasons Portable Stainless Steel Electric Grill
- Hamilton Beach Electric Indoor Searing Grill
- George Foreman GG50B Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill
- T-Fal GC722D53 1800W OptiGrill Indoor Electric Grill
- Weber 55020001 Q 2400 Electric Grill
Do you love BBQ?
Everyone does! The BBQ season is just around the corner, and you should get ready for it ASAP! There is nothing more fun than enjoying good food with good friends.
If you are tired of prepping up charcoal, propane, or LPG gas grills, you can take the easy way out and buy an electric grill. Electric grills are becoming increasingly popular as they save precious time and effort. They allow you to grill your favorite food in a matter of minutes. All you need to do is plug the grill in and wait until it heats up properly.
Manufacturers are following the trend, and, as a result, the market is overflowing with different electric grills models. We are here to help you find the best one!
So, folks, do not make your final decision before reading our comprehensive guide to finding the best electric grill and checking out our Top 5 list.
Related: The Best Tailgate Grills
5 Best Electric Girls In 2020: Detailed Reviews
1. Weber 55020001 Q 2400 Electric Grill – Our top choice
The Weber 55020001 Q 2400 electric grill is our top choice for many reasons. First of all, it is made by the highly-reputable company. It comes fully assembled right out of the box – all you need to do is plug it in and start grilling.
This Weber grill provides you with 280 square inches of cooking area, which is more than enough to prepare enough grub for an average family. You can fit in up to twelve burgers at a time. Ergonomic side handles make it easy to move around.
It features a cast aluminum lid and body and porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates. The grates are easy to wash as nothing sticks to them, while the outside can be simply wiped clean.
Thanks to trustworthy temperature monitoring, your grilling endeavors will always be a success!
Both amateurs and pros can use this grill. It comes with a powerful 1560-watt electric heating element that distributes the heat evenly and infinite easy-to-adjust temperature controls.
The Weber Q 2400 is reasonably priced, especially considering its beautiful design, superb performance, and quality of making. However, the replacement parts are very costly. Luckily, the warranty coverage package is one of the best on the market.
- Comes fully assembled
- Compact size
- Perfect for feeding up to six people
- Consistent even heating
- Easy to adjust controls
- Cast aluminum lid and body
- Non-stick porcelain enameled cast iron grates
- Stress-free maintenance
- 5-year warranty on aluminum castings and thermoset parts
- 2-year warranty on electronic components
- Not suitable for large parties
- Costly replacement parts
2. George Foreman GG50B Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill – The best looking electric grill
If you want an elegant, good looking electric grill to complement your backyard or patio, check out the George Foreman Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill. It is a versatile unit that will bring you 240 square inches of circular grilling surface and can be used both in and out of your home. You can feed up to fifteen people at a time, so you’ll have no trouble throwing BBQ parties whenever you feel like it.
There is more good news. This electric grill features a durable non-stick coating, which makes it easy to use and clean. It also eliminates the need to use any extra oil when grilling or cooking your favorite food.
All it takes to use this electric grill is to plug it in and give it about ten minutes to heat up. The temperature probe allows you to adjust the appropriate temperature by choosing one of the five heat settings, while the temp indicator light enables you to monitor the cooking process.
The stand can be easily removed when you want to place the grill on your kitchen countertop. The grill is quite heavy, though, and lacks ergonomic handles that would make it much easier to carry and move around.
- Tough non-stick coating
- Temperature indicator light
- Can be used in both indoor or outdoor area
- Adjustable temperature controls
- Can be cleaned easily
- Does not take up much space
- Can serve up to 15 people at a time
- Quick heat up
- Removable stand
- Heavy to move around
- Not all the grease ends up in the drip tray
3. T-Fal GC722D53 1800W OptiGrill Indoor Electric Grill – The best electric grill to use indoor
If you live in an apartment and plan to use your grill indoors only, T-Fal GC722D53 is an excellent option. It is a versatile unit with nine preset cooking programs and two cooking modes – one for frozen-food and the manual mode. The manual mode allows you to change between four heat settings in accordance with the food you plan to cook at the time.
This model offers around 124-square inches of grilling surface. It is big enough for an average family and can serve up to eight people at the time. Thanks to the powerful 1,800-watt heating component, the cooking process is speedy too. The automatic precision grilling technology makes sure your food tastes excellent at all times.
The grill is housed in top-quality brushed stainless steel that looks modern and sleek and will last for years to come. Both the grill plates and the drip tray are removable and dishwasher safe, so you’ll have no trouble cleaning the unit.
The grill is lightweight and easy to move around and store away. Besides the high price, the downside of this electric grill is the fact that the pleats do not heat evenly.
- Automatic sensor technology
- Nine preset cooking programs
- Two cooking modes.
- Removable drip tray and cooking plates are both dishwasher safe
- Brushed stainless steel exterior
- Weighs only 11.5 Pounds
- Ideal for indoor cooking
- 1800 watts cooks food quickly.
- The temperature of the plates is not evenly distributed
- A bit pricey
4. Hamilton Beach Electric Indoor Searing Grill – An ideal grill for a busy lifestyle
Hamilton Beach Electric Sear is another indoor grill meant for indoor use only. It is a compact and lightweight unit that brings you the 118 square inch grilling surface and can easily be moved as you please since it weighs mere 8.4 pounds.
The lid is removable for easier cleaning, and you also have a non-stick plate, and a drip tray to make maintenance almost effortless. The temperature dial enables you to set the desired heat level with no fuss.
The grill can reach very high temperatures (up to 450 degrees), and you can thus sear your steaks to perfection too. Lower temperature settings are ideal for grilling veggies and making your meal even healthier. There are also power and preheat light indicators that eliminate the guesswork.
The only complaint, if we can even call it so is the smaller cooking surface, especially in comparison to other grills on our Top 5 list. It is not a convenient unit to prepare food for large parties, but a couple of friends will surely appreciate the juicy and flavorful food. The power cord could be longer too.
- Quick and easy grilling ideal for a busy lifestyle
- Compact size for small kitchens
- The high searing temperature of 450 degrees
- Power and preheat light
- Easy to use
- Power and preheat lights
- Adjustable temperature for versatile cooking
- The rather small cooking surface
- Short power cord
5. Kenyon Floridian All Seasons Portable Stainless Steel Electric Grill – Luxurious & expensive electric grill
If you have an unlimited budget, you can check out the high-end, modern & sleek Kenyon Floridian All-Seasons Portable Electric Grill. If not, feel free to skip this section.
This unit is a true masterpiece in terms of design and quality of making. It will surely be an envy of your neighbors as it looks very luxurious. However, the real test is the taste of grilled food. We can confirm that this electric grill excels in that regard too.
The Kenyon Floridian Seasons grill can be used both indoors and outdoors. No bad weather will spoil your BBQ party ever again! Thanks to the rust-resistant lid, this grill can withstand all the elements. It heats up in about ten minutes and can reach temperatures as high as 600 degrees Fahrenheit.
The entire unit is made of durable stainless steel. The non-stick grilling plate provides you with 155 square inches of cooking space to create your culinary wonders. Both the grill grate and lid can be easily removed for cleaning purposes. They are both dishwasher safe too.
The drip trays are bought separately and are quite expensive too. You can be sly and use a baking pan of similar size as an alternative.
- Modern and sleek design
- Dishwasher safe grill grate and lid
- Durable stainless steel construction
- Outdoor and indoor use
- Unbeatable cooking results
- Reaches temperatures as high as 600 degrees Fahrenheit
- High price tag
- Drip trays are sold separately and quite expensive too
Why Buy An Electric Grill?
Many reasons go in favor of electric grills. First and foremost, they are super-easy to use.
An electric grill is a “plug and play” kind of device. There is no learning curve. In fact, you do not even have to read the manuals. Simply turn it on, give it a few minutes to heat up, and place your food on the grill.
What About Maintenance?
- It’s easy-peasy too! Typically, electric grills come equipped with drip trays that enable you to get rid of the grease without to much hassle. The cooking surface is usually removable, and you can wash it by hand or even in your dishwasher.
- If there is a need to clean the heating element, you can use a dry cloth and wipe it clean. Do not feel tempted to use a wet cloth or cleaning agents as that could cause damage to the electric components.
- If you still experience some issues, and your grill’s warranty has expired, you will be pleased to know that any electrician will be able to help you. Moreover, repairing electric grills usually does not cost much as they are not high-tech, complicated devices.
- Another great advantage of electric grills is their size. Namely, electric grills are most often compact units that you can easily fit even in small kitchens, backyards, or patios.
- Standard-sized electric grills allow you to cook enough food for 4-5 people, but there are also bigger units available that can cook for up to 10-15 people. The big electric grills are still quite small compared to other types of grills with the same capacity and will not take too much space in your backyard or patio.
- Price-wise electric grills are quite bearable. They are mostly in the medium price range. Besides, you do not need to buy charcoal or gas as they require only a little bit of electricity. If you have a solar panel, you can enjoy grilling your favorite food for free too!
- Finally, electric grills are the safest option to prepare BBQ. They are the most suitable grilling option for indoor use too. There is no smoke, open flame, or gas fumes. You do not have to breathe in any harmful substances or clean and inhale the ash. Besides, most electric grills come with the auto-off feature that shuts the unit off if the temp gets too high. In this way, the risk of any sparking or short circuit is minimal.
Are There Any Disadvantages To Using Electric Grills?
- Unlike charcoal or gas units, electric grills cannot be used out in the wild. If you do not have the plugin socket to provide electricity and get it working, your electric grill will be useless.
- Sometimes, you’ll have to rely on using a long extension wire to connect the socket to your grill as not all backyards and patios have a plugin close by. It can be quite cumbersome but also a potential safety risk since someone can trip over or get tangled in it, especially if you have small kids or pets running around. A wire break or short circuit could be very dangerous.
- If you enjoy the smokey flavor of meat cooked on the charcoal or pellet grills, you’ll never fully appreciate the food prepared on the electric grill. Besides, even though it is easier to control the temp when you use the electric grill, it simply cannot reach the ultra-high temperatures needed for searing. In such cases, gas or charcoal grills are your best option.
Read More: The Best Infrared Grills
What to Consider Before You Buy An Electric Grill?
There are a few things to consider when shopping for the very best electric grill. If you carefully read the following list, you should be able to choose the unit that best fits your needs.
So, here it goes:
1. Temperature Control
- Choose the electric grill with temperature control. If you do so, you will be able to regulate the cooking temp. It is highly important to get the temperature right as that could mean a difference between a tasty, succulent BBQ and burnt, dry meat you can barely chew.
- Therefore, it is better to invest a bit more money in an electric grill with thermostat and high temp settings. Such a unit will enable you to cook a greater variety of dishes too.
- An electric grill that features a timer is much easier to control. Timers allow you to monitor the cooking time and prevent you from overcooking or burning your food. Modern electric grills come with preset timers for most popular food items too. Besides, units with timers enable you to have fun with your friends until the food gets done and you can enjoy it.
3. Non-stick Cooking Surface
- The non-stick cooking surface is a must in the hasty world we all live in. It saves you precious time and a lot of effort.
- First and foremost, the non-stick cooking surface will prevent the food from sticking to the grill surface. Next, it will be much easier for you to remove the left-over grease and clean the unit.
- Non-stick cooking surface allows you to use much less oil when preparing the food, too, and that means fewer calories and a healthier lifestyle for you.
4. Electricity Consumption And Heating Output Ratio
- The best electric grill consumes the leat watts while providing the maximum heating output. Due to low electricity consumption, such a unit is both environmentally and consumer-friendly.
- The best sign whether or not the electric grill you plan to buy meets these criteria is the energy star rating. Even when the grill is energy star rated, it would be a good idea to check how many watts the unit consumes per hour of usage so that you can estimate how much electricity it will consume. In this way, you will be 100 % sure that you won’t get a headache once your electricity bill arrives.
See Also: The Best Grill Lights
Final Thoughts: The Very Best Electric Grill
Grilling is a great American tradition, and you should be a part of it. If you cannot take the traditional approach and use a charcoal grill, you should definitely get the best electric grill instead.
Electric grills can be designed for indoor or outdoor use or both. You can find the one you need on our Top 5 list, or use our comprehensive buying guide to understand the market better and choose the best unit for your home on your own.
If your budget is not limited, you cannot go wrong with the high-end Kenyon Floridian All Seasons Portable Stainless Steel Electric Grill. It not only looks great but performs superbly too. You get what you pay for!
If you have to mind your budget, but do not want to compromise on the taste of your food, go for the Hamilton Beach Electric Indoor Searing Grill. It is an affordable and easy-to-use grill, ideal for beginners.
Finally, for the perfect balance of quality vs. price, choose the George Foreman GG50B Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill. It is a beautiful unit suitable for indoor and outdoor use and made to last.
We hope we have helped you enjoy the upcoming grilling season!