Top 5 Best Wheatgrass Juicers 2020:
- KOIOS Slow Masticating Juicer
- The Original Healthy Juicer (Lexen GP27)
- Omega NC900HDC Juicer
- Breville 800JEXL
- Aicook Slow Masticating Juicer
Wheatgrass is classified as a superfood since it has an abundance of antioxidants and nutrients. In the past few years, this superfood has become very trendy. Naturally, none of us would munch on wheatgrass, so there must be another way to enjoy the health benefits of this amazing plant. The solution is in a wheatgrass juicer.
Juicing this plant in a wheatgrass juicer will allow you to preserve all the beneficial vitamins and nutrients and mix it up with other veggies and fruits to enhance the flavor. If you are into a healthy diet or you are looking for a quick and easy way to change your dietary habits; we advise you to read this article carefully and learn how this juicer can help you.
5 Best Wheatgrass Juicers In 2020: Detailed Reviews
1. Omega NC900HDC Juicer – Dry As A Bone
This model is considered to be the best Omega model that is available for purchase now. You might be worried about price, naturally, but we guarantee you it is worth every penny you will spend on it.
This juicer can justify its price by offering you more than many other models. You can use it to juice baby food, make butter from nuts, grind spices and coffee, whip soy milk, mince herbs, even make pasta and frozen desserts.
The stainless steel body contributes a lot to the sleek and stylish design of this appliance. What we loved the most is that the feeding chute is wide, so there is no need for cutting up veggies and fruits in small pieces before putting them in a juicer.
This juicer runs on the low operating speed of 80RPM, so the heat buildup is downsized to minimal. The juicer features a dual masticating auger system, meaning your ingredients are first squeezed then grounded, enabling you to extract the maximum amount of juice from your ingredients.
The adjustable end cap features five different settings to adjust the amount of extracted juice. We were surprised how quiet this appliance is, knowing it is equipped with a powerful motor. But as we said, this is a masticating juicer and not centrifugal, so due to that, if you want to produce a larger amount of juice, you will need to be patient.
- Powerful and quiet
- The dual masticating auger system
- Low operating speed
- Five different extraction settings
2. Breville 800JEXL – The Largest Beast In The Jungle
The Breville 800JEXL is the only centrifugal model on this list. This machine is a beast, and it will fit perfectly in the largest households or busy offices.
If you decide to purchase this model, make sure you have plenty of space on your countertop. It is quite hefty due to its size and cast steel material that is used for construction. You will love the 3-inch wide feed chute; it will allow you to put an entire apple or throw up to three carrots at the same time and watch them being juiced with ease and in no time. When you want to juice the leafy greens, you must combine them with some larger ones like lettuce, kale, or collard and wrap them together, so they don’t get caught up in the discs.
This 1000 watts juicer is equipped with two-speed controls: soft setting with 6500 RPM and hard setting with 13000 RPM (both settings are not ideal for juicing wheatgrass). The soft setting is made for soft fruits and leafy veggies, and the hard setting is perfect for juicing apples, carrots, and even pineapple. But we must warn you the juicer is very powerful, so that means it is very loud too.
The juicer is equipped with stainless steel cutting disc encasing 115 dual-action diagonal blades that can easily handle the pressure. But what makes this juicer special is its stainless steel micromesh filter that gets the job perfectly producing a smooth juice every time.
The great news is that all the parts are dishwasher safe, so it will save you some time on cleaning. To wash this bad boy, you can also use the cleaning brush that is included in the package, but the filter basket must be washed in a dishwasher to prevent funky smells and clogged filters.
- Two-speed operating system
- Sharp stainless steel cutting discs
- Micromesh filter
- Not the best solution for juicing wheatgrass
3. The Original Healthy Juicer (Lexen GP27) – Budget-friendly
This model is a perfect pick for those who are new into the juicing world or purely a wheatgrass geeks. Lexen is a manual juicer that will allow you to extract juice from leafy greens like spinach, parsley, celery, kale, lettuce, and many more. Even if the manufacturers claim that this juicer can do carrots and fruits and veggies, we hate to burst your bubble by telling you that ain’t true.
It is lightweight (around 3lbs) and portable, so it is a perfect fit for your kitchen as well when you travel. Every part of this juicer that comes in contact with food is made from BPA plastic.
It is quite easy to mount and use this juicer, make sure you install it on the edge of the table or desired surface to be able to turn the crank properly. Place the suction base on the table and turn on the lock mode on the dial. Stabilize it with a table clamp, and you are set to go.
Assembling and disassembling this device is very easy, which makes the cleaning process a breeze. But we advise you to clean up the juicer before it dries out; otherwise, it will stain, get clogged, and develop funky smells.
There is nothing more we can tell you about this product to make you consider it as your perfect juicing companion except maybe the price.
- BPA plastic
- Easy to use and clean
- Portable and lightweight
- Can’t be used for extracting juice from hard veggies and fruits
4. Aicook Slow Masticating Juicer – Quiet As A Mouse
If you are trying to find a juicer that has the best quality, versatile use, and comes for an affordable price, we may find your match made in heaven. We are all aware that masticating juicers are trendy now, so that means it can cost you a couple of hundred dollars.
Fortunately, this one comes at a price you can’t say no to.
This model will allow you to extract juice from wheatgrass, soft fruits and veggies, and leafy greens. Like all other masticating juicers, this one too works on 80RPM low operating speed. This type of juicer yields maximum juice without building up too much froth and heat. This guarantees you that your juice will keep all the vitamins and enzymes unharmed.
Thanks to its unique seven-segment auger system and integrated filter, this machine performs smoothly, offering you 80% juice yield growth compared to most other models. Featuring low decibel motor, it works quietly with minimal operating noise in range from 40dB to 60dB.
The cleaning part is always the hardest one. We have good news and bad news for you guys. The good news is that internal parts are made from BPA-free plastic that is dishwasher safe. The bad news is you will have a hard time cleaning the filter, and it takes some time to assemble the machine back together.
- Affordable and versatile
- BPA-free plastic
- 80RPM low operating speed
- The seven-segment auger system and integrated filter
- The filter is hard to clean
- Assembling machine takes some time
5. KOIOS Slow Masticating Juicer – The Perfect Kitchen Sidekick
If you love to get busy in the kitchen by creating healthy and delicious juice, then you need a KOIOS juicer. This machine works perfectly with most leafy greens, veggies, and fruits. The only thing you need to do is pre-cut products, so they don’t get to wrap around the internal auger and damage the machine.
Running on the low operating speed of 80RPM will keep your juice fresh without risk of frothing and oxidation. This appliance is equipped with a powerful yet quiet motor that runs on 150 watts with a noise level in a range from 40dB to 60 dB maximum.
The auger system is upgraded to a seven-level spiral system to enhance the juice yield up to 80% compared to centrifugal juicers. What made the biggest impression on us was the possibility to choose between two modes a hard and soft one as well to run a juicer reverse to unclog it if it’s needed.
It is very straightforward to use and maintain this juicer. All main parts are detachable and made from BPA-free plastic so they can be washed in a dishwasher. But if you prefer to clean it manually, it comes with a cleaning brush that will help you reach all the nooks and crannies.
The only bad thing is that the replacement parts are not available for purchase, but luckily they are covered with a one year warranty.
- Versatile use
- Easy to use and clean
- Low operating speed
- Seven level spiral auger system
- BPA- free plastic
- Features hard and soft juicing mode
- Produce must be pre-cut
- Replacement parts are not available for purchase
What Is Wheatgrass Juicer And Why Do You Need One?
A wheatgrass juicer is a machine specifically designed to extract the juice from wheatgrass while preserving the most nutrients at the same time. Usually, the wheatgrass juicer works at a low speed contrary to classic juicers.
They are really popular nowadays so this led to many advancements in technology, don’t be surprised if you run on a commercial juicer that has the ability to juice wheatgrass too. The main difference is that they will never be able to squeeze the same amount of juice like a specialized wheatgrass juicer.
1. Type Of Juicers
Before buying a juicer, it is crucial to know what type of juicers are available on the market today. Let’s do a quick retrospective now:
- They are also called a slow juicer, but they are very effective. You just need to be patient while this juicer takes its time to process the product and bring out the best from it. Usually, you must pre-cut the products because they don’t have a wide feeding chute.
- But when you get used to them, you will love them. Not only because they produce the best quality juices from leafy greens and wheatgrass, but you will also love how versatile they are. You can use them to process and grind a wide variety of foods; some can even make frozen desserts and nut milk.
- They are very fast compared to masticating juicers. They took less than a minute to produce the juice, which is very efficient. They have a wide feeding chute, so you don’t need to waste time peeling and cutting ingredients before putting them in a juicer. Mainly they are more suitable for hard and soft fruits and veggies more than for leafy greens like wheatgrass.
- It is not all peachy with this appliance. They are very noisy, they generate a lot of power, and they heat a lot, which can affect the quality of your juice. Usually, juices made in centrifugal juicers are prone to frothing and oxidating more than juices made in masticating juicers.
What To Look For In Wheatgrass Juicer?
By now, you all are aware that masticating juicers are your go-to if you mainly want to juice leafy greens and wheatgrass. Here, we’ll cover some of the most common features that differentiate wheatgrass juicers to help you decide what features you require the most.
1. Type Of Juicer
- They can be manual or electric. The electric types can be masticating and centrifugal. Depending on what you mainly want to juice, you will decide if you need a lower speed or higher speed juicer. Electric juicers usually use one or more gears to crush the ingredients against the hard surface to extract juices.
- Manual juicers work similarly, but instead of using a motor to operate the gears, you will need to turn up the hand crank to extract the juice manually. This type of juicer is perfect for occasional use.
2. Juicing Speed
- As we mentioned above, you can opt between a low-speed masticating juicer and a high-speed centrifugal juicer. For juicing wheatgrass, it is recommended to use slow speed juicers to avoid heat buildup, oxidation, and frothing, which can harm your juice quality.
- Ease of cleaning is very important. It is crucial to remove all the residue to avoid stains, smells, and molding. Most electric juicers nowadays are very easy to assemble and disassemble. You should always choose a model that can be washed in the dishwasher so you can be sure your juicer is spotlessly clean.
- Manual juicers are very easy to clean; you can put them in a dishwasher as a single piece, or they can be disassembled in a few smaller parts.
4. Size And Durability
- The size of juicer always depends on how much space you got for it, how often you will use it, and for how many people. But it is also very important to choose the one that is durable and safe to use. We prefer the models that are made from stainless steel compared to BPA-free plastic since you can be sure they will last longer. Of course, this greatly affects the price, so be prepared to spend more money if you choose the stainless steel model.
Our Final Thoughts On This Matter
We sincerely hope you decided to embrace the wheatgrass path to a better and healthier lifestyle after reading our article. So now it is time to narrow down our picks to just three options depending on price rate.
Best Overall Value: KOIOS Slow Masticating Juicer
- Many of us want to avoid large and noisy juicers, so we usually settle for the ones that are moderate in power but quiet. Well, this model is quiet, and it can juice leafy greens soft and hard veggies and fruit with ease. You are sure to be impressed by how versatile this model is.
Best Budget Option: The Original Healthy Juicer (Lexen GP27)
- If you are on a budget and you only want to use a juicer to extract the juice from wheatgrass, then this is your pick. Why would you pay a few hundred dollars for features you won’t use when you can invest in this simple manual juicer.
Premium Pick: Omega NC900HDC Juicer
- If you are looking for a masticating juicer that is truly versatile and you don’t mind spending some money, this is your match. It is a perfect kitchen helper you can juice, make salsa, grinds coffee, puree, pasta, frozen desserts, nut milk, and butter. What else do you need?