Top 5 Best Waffle Makers 2020:
- Chefman Anti-Overflow Waffle Maker
- KRUPS Waffle Maker
- Oster Belgian Waffle Maker
- Hamilton Beach 2-Slice Waffle Maker
- Dash DMW001HR Machine Mini Waffle Maker
Is there a better way to start your day than with a smell of fresh waffles, tasty pancakes and a hot coffee? If your answer is no, then you should seriously consider getting a waffle maker.
In case you want or need (or both) a waffle maker, it’s important to know how to choose a good one. In a vast sea of options, this can be a difficult task. This is why we searched the market to find the best waffle maker, and to help you make a smart decision.
Read our list of top choices and our buying guide with helpful tips and advice, and choose a waffle maker that best suits your needs.
If you’re curious to find out more, keep on reading!
5 Best Waffle Makers In 2020: Detailed Reviews
1. Chefman Anti-Overflow Waffle Maker – A Device That Has It All
If you want a waffle maker that offers high performance and stylish design, take a look at this one by Chefman. The all-black matte design combined with many fantastic features makes this one an excellent choice.
Chefman waffle maker features an anti-overflow system in the form of a wrap-around channel that catches any excess batter, thus preventing mess and making cleaning an easy job. It helps that the plate has an extra-strong non-stick coating, so waffles come right off, and you can just wipe the plate with a soft, dry cloth once it’s cooled down.
The device makes round waffles, and you can choose from 7 different browning settings, depending on whether you enjoy dark and crispy or light and fluffy waffles. The light indicators will tell you when the device is turned on and ready.
Another great feature is the handle, specifically the locking mechanism. We were really impressed by the fact that the handle stays completely cold even after prolonged use. Although the device is sturdy, it’s not big or bulky. It doesn’t take up too much space and you can easily store it in an upright position in your cupboard or pantry.
Unfortunately, matte housing is sensitive and susceptible to damages caused by outside factors, so it requires some maintenance if you want it always to look as good as new.
- Anti-overflow feature
- Extra-strong non-stick coating
- 7 different browning levels
- The handle stays cold
- Easy to store
- Requires some extra maintenance
2. KRUPS Waffle Maker – Premium Choice
KRUPS waffle maker, albeit pricey, is one of the best on the market, and here’s why.
First of all, the stainless steel housing is tough and durable and makes this device a professional-grade waffle maker. It’s also great for home use, especially if you have a lot of hungry mouths to feed since it can make 4 waffles at once.
Furthermore, this kitchen appliance looks incredible. The sleek black design combined with the shiny steel takes the whole look on another level.
KRUPS waffle maker features a steam release system that makes waffles that are light and fluffy on the inside, and crispy on the outside, with pockets deep enough to be filled with delicious whipped cream, syrup, berries, and more.
The red and green light indicators will tell you whether it’s turned on or off, as well as when the device is ready. There’s also a knob to adjust the browning level, with five different settings from which you can choose. The handle is large and gives you a firm grip, plus it won’t get hot while the device is turned on. The plates are non-stick and removable, which makes cleaning even easier.
Since it makes 4 waffles, it is a bit bulky and not exactly a space saver, so keep that in mind if you’re eyeing this one. Besides the high price, the bulkiness is the biggest downside of this otherwise great waffle maker.
- Steam release system
- 5 different browning levels
- The large handle doesn’t get hot
- Non-stick, removable plates
- High price
- It’s bulky
3. Oster Belgian Waffle Maker – Best Affordable Option
Oster waffle maker is quite simple, but it gets the job done, and it’s unlikely you’ll find a better option at this price point.
This waffle maker has an 8-inch cooking plate that makes waffles with deep pockets for all kinds of syrups and toppings. Unlike most similar devices that make squared waffles, this one makes round waffles, or one big round waffle, to be specific.
We especially appreciated that the plate has a rim designed to prevent the overflow of waffle batter. This is a great feature that reduces the mess and makes the entire process a lot easier. Besides that, the plate is also non-stick, but it’s not removable.
The power and ready light indicators are helpful safety features, and they’re located right next to the knob that regulates the temperature. There are no specific temperature settings, you just place the knob anywhere between min and max.
One thing we didn’t like about this waffle maker is the handle. It’s not particularly large, nor ergonomically shaped. This can be an issue because the handle tends to get warm so it’s a bit of a hassle handling it.
Other than this, the Oster waffle maker is a good, durable kitchen appliance. It features a stainless steel housing, and a classic black and metallic design. Overall, considering the price and the performance, this waffle maker offers good value for money.
- Good value for money
- Anti-overflow system
- Power and ready light indicators
- Compact and easy to store
- The handle could be better
4. Hamilton Beach 2-Slice Waffle Maker – Good Value For Money
The waffle maker by Hamilton Beach has many impressive features, starting with the surprisingly affordable price. If you need a waffle maker that performs well, isn’t too costly, and it will last you for years to come, we recommend you try this one.
The appearance of this device is nothing too spectacular, so if you want a waffle maker that looks chic or retro, maybe skip this one. However, considering the high quality built and durability of this waffle maker, the average looks shouldn’t be a deal-breaker.
You can use this appliance to make 2 waffles, Belgian-style. The grids are non-stick, so it’s super easy to remove the waffles once they’re done, and the mess afterward is minimal, so cleaning’s also very easy.
There are two helpful indicator lights that tell you whether the device is turned on or off, and there’s also a temperature knob that goes from min to max. You can adjust the temperature depending on how you like your waffles – set the browning level anywhere from light to dark.
On top of all this, storing the Hamilton Beach waffle maker is a piece of cake. It can be stored upright in a pantry or a cupboard, so it won’t take up much space.
One downside of this device is that the handle gets hot, so you have to be careful.
- Makes two large waffles
- Sturdy and durable steel construction
- Non-stick grids
- Adjustable temperature
- On/off light indicators
- The handle gets hot
5. Dash DMW001HR Machine Mini Waffle Maker – Cute, Fun, And Compact
Dash waffle maker will bring a bit of fun into an otherwise mundane task that is making regular waffles. This device comes in a variety of designs and waffle shapes, and you can choose between many unique colors and prints, from classic colors to little rainbows, pineapples, waffles, or even a leopard print!
You can also select one according to the shape of waffles. Most of them make classic round waffles, but some make waffles in the shape of a heart, a skull, a pumpkin, and so on.
Since this waffle maker is considerably cheaper compared to most others on the market, you can’t exactly expect it to have the same features. Nonetheless, it still performs well and serves the purpose. It’s a straightforward device that you plug in, and wait for the light indicator to tell you when it’s ready for the batter.
Unlike most waffle makers, this one doesn’t have different browning settings, but you can still make light or dark waffles by taking them out quickly or leaving them in a bit longer. The handle is a nice safety feature, and it’s cleverly designed so that your fingers never accidentally touch the hot plate.
This is also one of the most compact waffle makers out there. It weighs only one pound, and it’s an ideal choice if you have limited space or storage area.
- Compact design
- Many designs and shapes to choose from
- Very affordable price
- A real space saver
- There are no browning level settings
What To Consider Before You Buy A Waffle Maker?
Once you get a waffle maker, your biggest concern will be how to make perfect waffle batter. But, before that, you have to know how to choose and what makes a good waffle maker. We’ve gathered crucial factors to consider, so go on and read our buying guide to know how to choose the best waffle maker.
1. Number And Size Of Waffles
- This is an important factor to consider because the size and number of waffles directly affect the size of the device and ease of storage. Most waffle makers give you either one, two, or four waffles. If you need it for professional use, it’s always better to opt for one that makes two or four big waffles. When it comes to home use, choose according to your needs. If you have limited storage space, keep in mind that large waffle makers will take up a lot of space.
2. Adjustable Browning
- Everyone has their own preferences when it comes to the crispiness of waffles. Luckily, most waffle makers have an adjustable knob that you can use to set the browning level, from light and fluffy, to dark and crispy, so there’s something for everyone.
- Always choose a waffle maker that has non-stick cooking plates. Otherwise, the entire waffle-making process will be a nightmare, and cleaning the device afterward a big hassle.
- Fortunately, almost all waffle makers have a non-stick coating on their plates. Nevertheless, make sure to check this before you buy, just in case you don’t end up with a waffle maker that will be bothersome to use.
4. Ease Of Storage
- Many waffle makers have a compact design and are easy to store. You can store most of them in an upright position in your pantry so they don’t take up a lot of space.
- The occupancy, of course, depends on the size of the waffle maker, which again depends on how many waffles you want to make at once. So make sure to take into account all these factors before you opt for a certain waffle maker.
5. Safety Features
- When it comes to devices like waffle makers that get hot and have to be operated manually, it’s crucial to consider safety features, to reduce the risk of getting hurt to a minimum. One specific thing to pay attention to is the handle.
- On many waffle makers, the handle gets hot and this can be a drag because you always have to be extra careful not to hurt yourself. This is why it’s important to choose a waffle maker with a handle that stays cold no matter the operating time.
- Another helpful safety features are light indicators. An “on/off” light will always remind you to plug the device out and it will keep you alert so you don’t accidentally leave it plugged in. “Ready” light tells you when your waffle maker is good to go, so you know when to handle it carefully.
If you’re ready to enjoy fresh waffles every day, all you need to do is get a waffle maker. And not just any, but the best waffle maker on the market. We’re confident in our choices, and now we’d love to tell you about the best of the best.
Best Overall: Chefman Anti-Overflow Waffle Maker
- Chefman waffle maker is a device that’s definitely worthwhile. It has a lot of helpful features, like the temperature control for 7 different browning levels, the anti-overflow system that prevents mess, the non-stick plate, and the cold handle, to name a few! On top of this, it’s also reasonably priced.
Premium Pick: KRUPS Waffle Maker
- Top-notch performance mixed with a high-quality construction justifies the above-average price of the KRUPS waffle maker. If you want to splurge on a high-end waffle maker, we recommend you go with this one.
Best Budget-Friendly Option: Oster Belgian Waffle Maker
- There are some affordable options that have great features, like this waffle maker by Oster. This one is a straightforward, classic kitchen appliance that gets the job done. Considering how affordable it is and how many useful features it has, this is one of the best options in this price range.