Top 5 Best Soy Milk Makers 2020:
- Presto Pure IAE15 Automatic Hot Soy Milk, Soup, Porridge & Cold Juice Maker
- Tribest Soyabella SB-130 Soymilk and Nut Milk Maker
- Joyoung DJ13U-D988SG Soy Milk Maker
- SoyaJoy G4 Soy Milk Maker & Soup Maker
- Joyoung DJ13U-D08SG Easy-Clean Automatic Hot Soy Milk Maker
No matter how you base your eating choices and habits, there are always some aspects you can improve. So today, we are going to talk about natural substitutes for milk and how to produce them at home.
Do you know that the average bag of soybean can produce enough milk for the entire week for you and your family? So why wasting money on store-bought soy milk that has questionable quality when you can invest money in a quality soy milk maker.
If you want to make your own, high-quality soy milk at home, read until the end to learn how!
Firstly, you need to select the best soy milk maker on the market; consider some of these options – we reviewed them without bias.
5 Best Soy Milk Makers In 2020: Detailed Reviews
1. Tribest Soyabella SB-130 Soymilk and Nut Milk Maker – Milk Maker, Coffee Grinder, And Blender All In One
This device works very efficiently being able to make a variety of goods from soy milk, tofu, juices, raw nut milk, porridge, rice pasta to cashew milk, and all that for less than 15 minutes!
Tribest SB-130 is very user-friendly and will add a touch of elegance to your kitchen with its slick design. The interior lining is made from stainless steel with a holding capacity of 1.3 liters. You can easily transform it into the coffee grinder thanks to the Helical grinding blade. Also, because of this extremely sharp blade, you can use this appliance as a blender too.
The milk maker features temperature control and concealed heating element, so there is no risk of you getting your hands burned in the process. We must warn you though – If you’re planning on making soups in this milk maker consider some practicing because it features only two cooking modes – Milk and Paste.
Hold on – this handy appliance offers you a lot more.
You will find advanced features like preventing overheating and dry heating very helpful because they will prolong the lifespan of your milk maker. Also, making soy milk at home is now mess-free thanks to this model that prevents overflowing every time.
This soy milk maker is filterless, which should contribute to fast and easy cleaning. On the contrary, you must be very patient and careful when cleaning the jug because the blade is razor-sharp, and you can easily injure your fingers.
- Features Helical grinding blade
- Stainless steel interior
- Advanced safety features
- Concealed heating element
- Hard to clean
2. Presto Pure IAE15 Automatic Hot Soy Milk, Soup, Porridge & Cold Juice Maker – Largest On The Market
What we like about this model is that it is so much more than a soy milk maker. It comes with seven functions that will let you prepare all sorts of beverages, including juices, soups, purees, vegan milk, oatmeal, porridge, and my favorite – the auto-cleaning mode.
The above-mentioned is not all you can do with IAE15. This milk maker can work with cereals, different kinds of seeds (sesame, quinoa, hemp, pumpkin, sunflower), and rice but a word of advice: avoid cooking rice in this maker.
It is very easy to fall for its modern stainless steel design. This maker is built from dual-layer 304 stainless steel inside and out. IAE15 maker will allow you to prepare 1.9 liters of milk at once in approximately 30 minutes. This is one of the highest-capacity milk makers on the market by far.
The heating element is located at the bottom, making sure all ingredients are evenly cooked. The double-layered jug will keep your beverages hot for a long time but, at the same time, will prevent you from burning your fingers. The maker is not equipped with an internal strainer; in exchange, manufacturers included a strainer basket.
From advanced features, you will find overflow and overheating sensor as well as the sensor for water level. Like with most of the milk makers nowadays, this one too is filterless and equipped with auto-cleaning mode, so all you need to do is press a button and let it clean itself, but we do recommend to clean the blade manually to make sure there is no residue at all.
- Straightforward to use
- Auto-cleaning mode
- A double-layered jug will retain the temperature longer
- Stainless steel construction inside and out
- Not suitable for cooking rice
- Always wash blade manually because auto-clean can’t remove all residue
3. SoyaJoy G4 Soy Milk Maker & Soup Maker – Not To Be Missed
This is the newest version of an already well known and reliable soy milk maker. To be more precise, this is the 4th generation of this particular model. So with this new and improved series, you will be able to make soy milk, prepare porridge, hot soups, raw and hot milk.
You will be delighted to know that with its five microprocessors & easy-to-use buttons, you can optimize the milk production from ingredients like nuts, beans, seeds, grains, or even a combination of them all.
Ain’t that awesome or what?!
The exterior and interior of this milk maker are constructed from stainless steel, so you can be sure it is perfectly safe for use. The holding capacity is 1.7 liters. You can easily regulate the cooking temperature for different kinds of ingredients. For example, when you are preparing milk from nuts, you can choose between raw and hot milk mode. The preparation time is around 20 minutes.
The heating element is located at the bottom, making this milk maker very effective. This appliance features a water level sensor, overheat protection, advanced temperature detector, overflow sensor, and improved grinding technology that guarantees you high milk yields.
This is also a filterless model without internal strainer, so cleaning it is very easy. To strain your milk and juices, you will need to use the stainless steel mesh sieve that comes included in the package. Unfortunately, the volume of this sieve is very small, which can be annoying.
- Straightforward to use
- Features advanced safety features
- Improved grinding technology for high milk yield
- Stainless steel interior and exterior
- Easy to clean
- The volume of the mesh sieve is small
4. Joyoung DJ13U-D08SG Easy-Clean Automatic Hot Soy Milk Maker – Your Indispensable Sidekick
Joyoung DJ13U-D08SG comes with eight different modes: grains, dry beans, soaked beans, juice, jam, rice paste, double thick, and easy washing. You know what this means- the appliance is incredibly versatile. The double-thick mode will allow you to make thick soy milk, which will be perfect for making tofu cheese. Although when we tried to prepare some porridge and rice pudding using this function, we failed.
Joyoung DJ13U-D08SG is microcomputer-controlled, so with a simple push of a button, it will automatically pre-heat, grind, and cook. All parts that come in touch with ingredients are made from stainless steel. The stylish design will look great in any kitchen, but it is a bit hard to keep it stain-free because of the white coating.
This kitchen appliance uses a new, patented 3D heating system without a heating tube. Instead, the heating element is the entire body for more even cooking. Holding capacity is 1.3 liters, which is enough to serve up to 4 people at once. You can now enjoy fresh soy or nut milk daily because you will only need 20 minutes to prepare it.
Advanced safety features will enable you to prevent your Joyoung DJ13U-D08SG milk maker from overheating and overflowing; the ultra-fine grind will make your soybeans super-fine like sand and your soymilk pulp-free and smooth. And what we loved the most is that this appliance is so quiet – you won’t even notice it running.
The filterless model allows you to easily maintain the interior food chamber, especially because it features the auto-cleaning mode.
- Easy to use
- Patented 3D heating system
- Ultra-fine grind
- Very quiet
- Not suitable to make rice pudding and porridge
- Exterior gets stained easily
5. Joyoung DJ13U-D988SG Soy Milk Maker – Amazing Functionality
For starters, we can easily say that this kitchen appliance is a beast – what a way to start the review, huh? We say that because it incorporates a high-speed motor running at 2000 r/min. This is beyond the power needed for making soy milk. There are ten different modes included, including grain, beans (soak and dry), rice, tofu, fruit tea, nut milk, porridge, juice, pudding, and keep warm mode.
This milk maker is not only versatile; it is very convenient and flexible because it is entirely programmable. You can use the programming functions to set up the temperature and time according to your recipes. The timer will allow you to program your milk maker up to 8 hours in advance. You can set functions easily with one touch of a button on the dual-language control panel (English and Chinese).
The inside is made from dual-layered 304 stainless steel that will ensure durability and safe usage. The grinder is equipped with 20 holes, which will enable you to grind soybeans, beans, and grains without leaving any residue. You can even prepare fine porridges for your little ones from ingredients like peas and squash in no time.
The holding capacity is 1.3 liters, which is enough for 2 to 6 cups, and the preparation time for them is around 30 minutes. The heating body is located on the bottom, distributing heat evenly. Speaking about safety features, this milk maker includes an overheating sensor, overflow sensors, and water level sensors.
This is a filterless model, and it is very easy to clean, but pay good attention when washing the lid and remove all residue from the outer rim. Like I already mentioned above, this machine is a beast, so naturally, it is very loud and pricey.
- Straightforward to use
- Features high-speed motor
- Programmable timer and temperature
- Built from dual-layer stainless steel
What Is Soy Milk Maker And Why You Should Use It?
Soy milk is a product that originates from Asia. Because of its well-known advantages and benefits (rich in protein, vitamins B and E, fiber), it quickly became very popular and widely consumed around the world. Soy milk is a great replacement for cow milk – great news for vegans, people that are allergic to lactose, or those on a special kind of diet.
Traditional soy milk is made from only two ingredients – soybeans and water. That is why it should always be made by hand, but that process can be very messy and will take some time. So instead of making soy milk at home, most of us reach for the ones that are available at the supermarket.
But, we have very bad news for you. Most of the soy milk manufacturers use soy flour as the base, and these products contain more than ten ingredients, including sugar and artificial thickeners.
Our advice is to invest in a good quality soy milk maker. This way, you will produce high-quality soy milk with just plain water and soybeans. You can choose to make it thick or thin as much as you like. And most of soy milk makers nowadays will need less than 30 minutes to produce soy milk.
That is not all; almost all soy milk makers are very versatile and will let you produce more than just soy and nuts milk. For example, you can prepare tasty puddings and porridges, soups and purees. Do you prefer having a smoothie for breakfast? Just put your favorite ingredients in your soy milk maker, and it will be ready in no time.
Factors To Consider Before Purchasing A Soy Milk Maker
Here we have listed a couple of essential things that you should never forget to keep an eye on before you purchase a soy milk maker. Read our recommendations carefully, and we can guarantee you that you will end up with a product that you will enjoy using.
- As a starting point in research, the decision based on capacity depends on how many mouths you need to feed and how often. Soy milk makers vary a lot in the aspect of capacity. You can purchase smaller ones that are enough for one person or large ones that will be perfect for bigger families. If you consume soy milk daily, you should consider buying soy milk with a bigger holding capacity, so you won’t need to prepare milk every day.
2. Interior And Exterior Material
- Soy milk makers are made from plastic or stainless steel. Cooking soybeans requires high temperatures. We all know that materials like plastic contain BPA, a chemical that can contaminate your food and cause a lot of health issues. No doubt about which one you should choose.
- Stainless steel can withstand high temperatures without harming your food quality in any way. It is not necessary to buy a milk maker entirely made from stainless steel. The most important thing is to choose the model that has an interior lining made from stainless steel.
3. Filter vs. Filterless Design
- You should be aware that ground soybeans have a fine, sand-like consistency. If you choose to purchase a milk maker with an inbuilt filter, you must be prepared to clean it regularly, or you will clog the filter and risk funky taste of your beverages.
- We would highly recommend you to choose the filterless option. They are straightforward to clean, most of them have an auto-clean mode, and they all come with an included strainer to help you get rid of pulp and any other unwanted residue.
- Like all other kitchen appliances, a soy milk maker comes with different motor speeds. If you buy a machine with a higher motor speed, you will significantly cut your preparation time. Most modern soy milk makers will take 15 to 30 minutes to get the job done.
- Certain soy milk makers can offer you more functions than just producing soy milk. So why not take a chance and purchase a machine that can create all kinds of beverages, tofu cheese, soups, or even oatmeal. There are models that include raw or warm mode leaving up to you to decide how do you want to enjoy your beverage.
6. Safety Features
- You should always be safe when handling appliances that can reach high temperatures. That is why you should buy soy milk makers that include advanced features like overflow sensors, overheating sensors, dry heating sensors, and solid power state control.
End Game Results
We have outlined some of the best soy milk makers on the market, and after hours and hours of research, we finally come to a decision. Considering the budget range, these are our final recommendations.
Best Overall Value: Presto Pure IAE15 Automatic Hot Soy Milk, Soup, Porridge & Cold Juice Maker
- Presto Pure makes it easy to prepare different kinds of veg milk, porridge, soups, and more at the push of a button. It is perfect for big families because of its high holding capacity. It features a filter-free design and a great price.
Best Budget Option: Tribest Soyabella SB-130 Soymilk and Nut Milk Maker
- If you are on a budget, this pick is perfect for you. This appliance will allow you to make soymilk, nut milk, porridge, rice paste, grind the coffee, and you can also use it as a blender. For the price you will pay, this device is more than recommendable.
Premium Pick: Joyoung DJ13U-D988SG Soy Milk Maker
- This is a costly yet flexible and convenient device. It features a high-speed motor, ten different cooking modes, and adjustable presets for time and temperature. For us, all of that is more than enough to justify the price.