Top 5 Best Sausage Stuffers 2020:
- ROVSUN 7LBS/3L Vertical Stainless Steel Sausage Stuffer Maker
- Hakka 7 Lb/3 L Sausage Stuffer
- MASTER FENG Sausage Stuffer Horizontal Kitchen Machine
- Aobosi 3-IN-1 Meat Mincer Meat Grinder & Sausage Stuffer
- Goplus 5 Lbs/3L Vertical Sausage Stuffer
Would you be surprised if we told you that sausages have been around since 3000 BC? Well, it’s true! These delicious meat products have been around for a long time, and they still continue to be a favorite to so many people.
This is because sausages are a great way to preserve meat and they are one of the most effective ways to store your meat supplies. As it is with most food, sausages taste the best when they are made of fresh, securely-sourced meat. This is the main reason more and more people choose to make their own sausages.
There are so many amazing sausage recipes you can find, but if you want to make mouth-watering sausages at home, the number-one thing you’ll need is a sausage stuffer! A sausage stuffer is an extremely useful kitchen tool that will save you a lot of time and effort. And, with a good sausage stuffer, you can make all kinds of sausages without unhealthy ingredients, like artificial fillers or extra fat!
There are so many amazing options to choose from, and if you’re interested in finding out what sausage stuffers are worth your time and money, keep on reading our list of the best sausage stuffers on the market!
5 Best Sausage Stuffers In 2020: Detailed Reviews
1. ROVSUN 7LBS/3L Vertical Stainless Steel Sausage Stuffer Maker – Best Overall
When it comes to quality and efficiency, ROVSUN sausage stuffer is undoubtedly the best sausage stuffer money can buy. It’s a manual, vertical stuffer that will make your whole sausage experience a lot better.
This sausage stuffer is made entirely of high-quality stainless steel. All parts, including the frame, base plate, cylinder, and the stuffing tubes are made of premium stainless steel that’s durable and resistant to rust. This means ROVSUN sausage stuffer will last you a long time. Plus, the parts that touch food are food-grade, which means they are completely safe to use with food.
Apart from elegant and simple metallic appearance, this sausage stuffer also boasts a very clever and user-friendly design. It features an ergonomic hand crank, a locking nut that prevents leaking and a 3L cylinder that’s very easy to refill and clean. It also has an air release valve in the piston that controls the flow of meat.
You can place ROVSUN vertical sausage stuffer anywhere and be sure it will remain stable thanks to the stable base plate with 4 nozzles. It comes with a helpful and easy-to-follow user guide, and once you’re done using it, you can disassemble it in just a few steps so it’s also very easy to clean.
Included with the sausage stuffer, you also get 4 stainless steel stuffing tubes to help you make different sausages!
- Made of premium food-grade stainless steel
- Has an ergonomic hand crank
- You get 4 accessories
- Since it’s manual, your arm may get tired after prolonged use
2. MASTER FENG Sausage Stuffer Horizontal Kitchen Machine – Best Value For Money
If you need a classic sausage stuffer and you don’t want to invest a lot of money in it, you will not go wrong with this one by MASTER FENG. This is a simple yet efficient device that offers good value for money, and it’s ideal if you don’t plan to make a large number of sausages.
MASTER FENG is a manual, horizontal sausage stuffer with a traditional design. It’s made of aluminum but the piston is made of silicone to ensure that no air gets trapped in sausage casings. All of the materials used to make this sausage stuffer are food-grade materials, so it’s 100% safe to use them with food.
Thanks to the simple design, this sausage stuffer is very easy to use. It has a suction cup base that ensures a stable grip, so you can always be sure it’s securely in place. Although it’s a manual stuffer, your arm is not likely to begin to hurt because it’s not made for large amounts of sausages, so you should finish everything effortlessly in no time. Once you’re done using it, you can store it anywhere since it doesn’t take up a lot of space.
The capacity of the stuffer is 2 pounds, and with the 4 included stuffing tubes of different sizes, you can make a variety of sausages. You can use it to make hot dogs, bratwurst, hot links and many more!
- Easy to use
- Made of food-grade aluminum and silicone
- A suction cup base provides stability
- Very affordable
- Small capacity
3. Hakka 7 Lb/3 L Sausage Stuffer – Premium Option
What makes this Hakka sausage stuffer a premium choice is the all-stainless steel durable and sturdy construction as well as the two-speed settings that help you control the stuffing of sausages.
The frame, the cylinder, side plates and trefoil nut are all made of high-quality, rust-resistant steel, and all the parts that come in contact with food maintain the SGS food hygiene standard. Not only will you be able to use it for a long time, but you’ll have sausages that are safe to eat and don’t contain any harmful ingredients.
The crank is made of chrome plated steel and it has a polypropylene handle. This is a manual sausage stuffer, so if you need a lot of sausages, keep in mind that after some time, your arm might begin to hurt. However, the crank and handle on this stuffer are designed to give you a firm grip while sitting comfortably in your hand, so you’ll be able to make a lot of sausages before this happens.
Another useful feature of this stuffer is the air valve in the steel piston that prevents air being trapped in your sausage by letting it out, and it also prevents heat from building up.
With Hakka sausage stuffer, you also get 4 different nozzles that help you control the thickness of your sausages, so you can have homemade sausages made according to your taste and preferences!
- All parts made of durable, rust-resistant stainless steel
- Follows the SGS food standard
- Has an ergonomic crank and handle
- It’s a bit expensive
4. Aobosi 3-IN-1 Meat Mincer Meat Grinder & Sausage Stuffer – The Most Versatile Sausage Stuffer
So far, all the sausage stuffers on our list have been regular sausage stuffers. This one, however, is one of the most versatile sausage stuffers there is! Not only is it amazing and effective in stuffing sausages, but it also does a great job at grinding and mincing meat!
So, if you’re looking for a multipurpose sausage stuffer, you’ll absolutely love this one. It’s an electric device with a heavy-duty, 1200W copper motor. There are two switches with on, off, and reverse buttons. The two of the same switches are cleverly added for extra safety. The machine will only start when both switches are in the “on” state. This prevents it from starting if one switch is accidentally turned on! The reverse button is there in case something gets stuck.
Aobosi 3-in-1 kitchen device is a meat grinder, meat mincer, and a sausage stuffer all in one! It comes with 3 different stainless steel blades, a sausage kit, and a kubbe attachment, and you can use it to make so many different things, like meat sauce, spaghetti sauce, tasty sausages, meat pies, casseroles, and so on.
Both housing and blades are made of food-grade stainless steel. Thanks to the trapezoidal design and reinforced chassis, the device is very stable when being used. Once you’re done using it, you can simply take it apart, so cleaning is a breeze! Unfortunately, it’s not dishwasher safe.
- Extremely versatile 3-in-1 device
- Amazing safety features
- All parts are removable for easy cleaning
- Not dishwasher safe
5. Goplus 5 Lbs/3L Vertical Sausage Stuffer – Not To Be Missed
This is one of the few really good sausage stuffers that comes at a somewhat reasonable price. Goplus sausage stuffer is a manual, vertical sausages stuffer made of a combination of stainless steel and aluminum.
The cylinder part of the sausage stuffer is made of premium stainless steel that’s safe to use with food, while all the other parts are made of aluminum. This mixture makes it a highly-durable device that’s also resistant to rust, which means you’ll be able to use it for years to come.
It’s also very easy to install and use the sausage stuffer. All you need to do is find the suitable bench or a table and clamp the edge. Next step is to choose the stuffing funnel and install it into the outlet at the bottom by turning it clockwise, and you’re ready to begin making delicious sausages!
Goplus sausage stuffer doesn’t take up a lot of space, so you can easily store it anywhere. On top of that, all parts are removable and you can disassemble it in just a few steps. This means that not only is it easy to store, but it’s also very easy to clean. When it comes to cleaning, it’s recommended to wash it manually with warm water and detergent, and dry it right after washing it to avoid any water stains. Do not put it in a dishwasher!
- Mix of aluminum and stainless steel is durable and sturdy
- All parts are removable
- Has a reasonable price
- Not dishwasher safe
Benefits Of Using A Sausage Stuffer
One of the main benefits of using a sausage stuffer is that you always have homemade sausages. You can always put fresh ingredients and avoid unhealthy stuff, like nasty fillers and extra fat, that’s usually found in store-bought sausages. This way, you can always be sure you and your family are eating delicious home-made sausages that don’t contain any harmful ingredients.
With homemade sausages, you can stop worrying about the freshness of your meal and you can finally stop wondering how long the supermarket meat’s been sitting there!
Not to mention all the money you’re going to save once you stop buying sausages in supermarkets. If you love sausages, and you buy them often, then you should really consider making your own. Not only will you save money, but you can also make a large batch and enjoy them for a few months!
Things To Consider Before You Get A Sausage Stuffer
Sausage stuffers can be expensive, depending on the type and the brand you opt for. Because there are so many choices, it’s important to make a smart decision and really think about your needs before you decide which one to buy.
First, consider all the types of sausage stuffers and choose the one best suited for your needs. After that, consider capacity, whether you want a manual or an electric sausage stuffer and so on.
There are three types of sausage makers, horn sausage stuffer, horizontal sausage stuffer, and vertical sausage stuffer.
- Horn sausage stuffers are manually operated. They are the traditional sausage makers usually made of cast iron covered with tin or chrome. Newer models of horn sausage stuffers are mostly made of stainless steel. They are perfect for personal use and if you don’t plan to make a lot of sausages since they make three to five pounds of sausage.
- Unlike horn sausage stuffers, horizontal sausage stuffers come in both manual and electric versions. A horizontally positioned cylinder is used to hold the seasoned ground meat. If you choose a manual horizontal sausage stuffer, keep in mind that they have a hand crank that’s usually longer than the cylinder. So, in order to be able to complete a full rotation, it must hang over the edge of the table or counter. In other words, the base of the stuffer has to be clamped or bolted down for stability. When it comes to capacity, horizontal stuffers can make five to twenty pounds.
- Last but not least, vertical sausage stuffers. This is the type preferred by both amateurs and professionals. They also come in electric and manual models and electric versions usually have larger capacity compared to manual. Vertical stuffers also use a cylinder, but it’s positioned vertically, and they have a capacity from five to fifteen pounds.
- This is one feature that entirely depends on your needs. If you plan to make a large number of sausages, you should go with a sausage stuffer that has a large cylinder because it is both convenient and fast. There are sausage stuffers that have a capacity of up to 30 pounds!
- On the other hand, if you’re not going to make a lot of sausages, a standard 5-pound model should suffice.
3. Electric Vs. Manual
Whether you’ll choose a traditional manual model or a modern electric one, it’s up to you. Both versions have their ups and downs, so think about your needs and features that are crucial for you.
Manual Sausage Stuffers
- Manual sausage stuffers have been around longer, and they are still quite popular because they are more efficient and require less clean-up. You can find so many different models, from regular size to large size, with a stainless steel body or a cast iron body and so on.
- Another advantage of manual stuffers is that they don’t require electricity, so you can use them anywhere without having to seek electric sockets. Furthermore, they are more compact and easier to store compared to electric ones. And, they are cheaper than electric stuffers.
- One downside of manual sausage stuffers is that they require a lot of arm power. You can get tired quickly and you may need to rest. This is why, if you plan to make a lot of sausages, manual stuffers may not be the best choice since you’ll have to put in a lot of time and effort.
Electric Sausage Stuffers
- Most electric sausage stuffers come as a part of a multipurpose device with meat grinders. This means that, even though they are more expensive compared to manual stuffers, they do offer more options, so you have a two in one tool.
- If you don’t want to use your arms to make sausages, then you should definitely get an electric sausage stuffer. They are both efficient and time-saving. Electric stuffers are ideal if you need to make a lot of sausages since they are much easier to use and they have a larger capacity.
- Some disadvantages of electric sausage stuffers are that they require electricity, they can be pretty loud, and on top of that, they are usually quite expensive.
Final Thoughts And Recommendations
Sausages are one of the most delicious meat treats, and the great thing about them is that there are so many different kinds of sausages you can enjoy. If you wish to have tasty sausages made with fresh ingredients at home, you need a sausage stuffer!
Since there are numerous choices available, we’ve decided to help you with this list of the best sausage stuffers. After careful consideration, we can say that these are our favorite and top recommendations.
- Not only is ROVSUN vertical sausage stuffer a highly efficient and durable device, but it also comes at a reasonable price! You’ll enjoy making delicious sausages with this tool made of food-grade stainless steel, and with the 4 accessories included, you can now make all kinds of sausages!
Premium Option: Hakka 7 Lb/3 L Sausage Stuffer
- If you can spend a bit more money on a sausage stuffer, we highly recommend you to go with this one by Hakka. It’s an extremely durable and effective device that you’ll be able to use for a long time. All parts are made of premium stainless steel that follows SGS food standard!
Budget-Friendly Choice: MASTER FENG Sausage Stuffer Horizontal Kitchen Machine
- If you don’t want to spend a lot of money on a sausage maker, then MASTER FENG sausage stuffer is for you. It’s a classic sausage stuffer, with a traditional design that’s really easy to use. It comes at an affordable price, and it really offers good value for money. You will not be disappointed!