Top 5 Best Quesadilla Makers 2020:
- NOSTALGIA 10-Inch 6-Wedge Quesadilla Maker
- Hamilton Beach 25409 Quesadilla Maker
- Nostalgia MWF5AQ MyMini Personal Electric Waffle Maker
- George Foreman Electric Quesadilla Maker
- Betty Crocker BC-2958CR Pizza Maker
The tortilla is one of those precious foods that come as close to perfection as it gets. Don’t believe us? Here are the arguments – it’s healthy, incredibly easy to prepare, and it mixes well with virtually everything you currently have in your refrigerator.
With the foundation so solid, though, we have to ask another question – is there any way tortillas can be improved?
Surprisingly enough – there is.
How? Well, you take two tortillas, put some good cheese and other ingredients between them, and heat them up until they become a piece of culinary haven mankind knows under the name quesadilla.
Of course, the quality of your quesadillas will, to the same extent, depend on the quality ingredients and the way you put them together. Inadequate heating will only turn your quesadillas in a mess.
So, let’s put this issue to rest. Here, we will take a glance at some of the most popular heating units on the market and try to find the best quesadilla maker the money can buy.
Related: The Best Tortilla Makers
Like always, we have five contenders:
5 Best Quesadilla Makers In 2020: Detailed Reviews
1. NOSTALGIA 10-Inch 6-Wedge Quesadilla Maker – Best Quesadilla Maker Overall
Some products don’t have to feature an abundance of exciting features to be great. They just need to do the job they were designed for and do it competently. This quesadilla maker coming from Nostalgia is definitely one of these products.
You want an adjustable temperature dial? Not in this package. Replaceable plates? Better luck next time.
But, the things that we found in the box were so appealing we couldn’t resist falling in love with this product.
Let’s start with the build quality. What to say – it’s simply awesome. All the materials are great and durable, and the plates are covered with a non-stick surface that makes cleaning a breeze. Just a couple of quick swipes with a wet cloth, and that’s it. In regards to portioning, six wedges per 10-inch diameter sound like just a perfect solution for this size.
Working speed is also good. Although this is not the fastest working press we have ever tried, you will get your crispy quesadillas in no more than a couple of minutes after pressing. And a two-position latch will keep all the filling inside even if you push the ingredients into overdrive.
Finally, let us give a special shout out two light indicators that allow you to see when the unit is turned on and preheated.
Overall, a great product that could benefit from a bit more features.
- Reasonably affordable
- Great, fast performance
- Large diameter
- Good portioning
- Rock-solid latch
- A bit featureless
2. Hamilton Beach 25409 Quesadilla Maker – Best Premium Quesadilla Maker
We don’t know why, but it looks like 90% of quesadilla makers you can find out there are red. That makes them very easy to confuse. But, in direct comparison with the previous product, this unit goes a step further in similarity. A couple of, to be more precise.
You see, in terms of performance and sheer quality, these two products are virtually the same.
Once again, we have a 10-inch diameter press split into six wedges. No complaints the previous time, no complaints now. Even if this is considered a “big-sized” plate, six pieces will make the portions just the right size.
The materials are, once again, grate, and the plate surface features a non-stick coating. And we truly appreciate the small grip surface on the top of the unit that allows you to easily apply pressure on your soon to be quesadilla. From this point on, the locking mechanism takes over this duty and works like a charm.
Finally, there are two indicator lights that tell you when the unit is on and preheated.
So, what makes this quesadilla maker different from the previous? Well, the legs are a bit longer and provide better support. Is that enough to warrant the price bump? No, not really.
Also, the ready light could be a bit brighter. Everything else works fine, though.
- Great build quality
- Longer legs provide better support
- Grip surface on top of the unit
- Ample size
- Good performance
- A bit pricey
3. Nostalgia MWF5AQ MyMini Personal Electric Waffle Maker – Best Affordable Quesadilla Maker
We are always pleased to see an underdog packing punch at a modest price point. Don’t blame us; we have seen too many products trying to rob the customers of their money. It’s a pleasant surprise when some manufacturer takes an opposite route and offers genuine quality while asking next to nothing.
And this small multi-purpose press does offer genuine quality. Sure, it’s micro-sized but quality nevertheless.
So, what do we have here?
Well, something that is not entirely a quesadilla maker as much as a small 5-inch waffle maker. But hey – don’t let this fact discourage you, we have used this unit to prepare quesadillas, and they turned out great. As a matter of fact, if you are living alone and want a quick snack before work, this bad boy is a lifesaver.
The unit heats up to working temperature within 3 minutes, provides fast and consistent results, and even features a convenient light that lets you know when is the time for cooking. The handles are cool-touch, so there is no chance you will accidentally burn your fingers while working.
Of course, the unit has some flaws. For instance, if you stuff quesadillas with filling, it will find its way to the table when you press. Also, the build quality is a bit sloppy. But, at this price point? Come on…
- Dirty cheap
- Good versatility
- Consistent performance
- A couple of neat features
- Build quality is not the best
- Keep your quesadillas thin
4. George Foreman Electric Quesadilla Maker – Best Looking Quesadilla Maker
And now that we have finished with this small departure, we are going back to the familiar ground of red 10-inch quesadilla makers. So, don’t expect too many surprises here. But, on the other hand, George Foreman Electric Quesadilla Maker is still doing enough things differently to be worth talking about.
These differences are most visible in regards to design.
You see, this unit looks pretty sweet – almost futuristic. If you want something that will be proudly displayed on your shelf, look no further. Also, the unit can be stored vertically and all that with an integrated cord wrap. In short, finding a place for this press is a breeze.
Other features are checking all the right boxes but don’t entirely push the envelope. The individual parts are reliable, but the way they are put together feels somewhat flimsy. Still, deep pockets paired with a non-stick surface and competent latch do a lot to improve the overall impression.
The performance is fast, reliable, and consistent – the unit heats up to the cooking temperature in a matter of minutes, and you don’t have to wait much longer for quesadillas to become crisp. Of course, you have your two lights that tell you when you can press the ingredients into your favorite dish.
So this product is far from bad. We only wish it was built better.
- Excellent design
- Good performance
- Easy to store
- Ample size
- Sloppy craftsmanship
5. Betty Crocker BC-2958CR Pizza Maker – Best Quesadilla Maker / Pizza Maker Combo
When we are doing reviews of the products that are as niche as quesadilla makers, we like to throw in an oddball to spice the completion up. Well, this time we have two of them. We have already checked our esteemed waffle maker a couple of reviews above.
Now is the time to see how this pizza maker fares against three similar products designed specifically to make your quesadilla dreams come true.
And you know what – BC-2958CR throws a very decent punch, all that while being able to bake pizza! So, we can agree that the slightly heftier price that hangs from this package is more than warranted.
But, we are not here to chat about pizza. How does this product tackle quesadillas? As we already mentioned – quite well. Sure, you don’t have the benefit of inside ribs that will split your dish into convenient pieces, but that’s not exactly a deal-breaker.
We are more concerned about the empty space you get when you slide in a thinner portion. The surface simply won’t feel as crisp as it would if you use a genuine press.
If you can live with this slightly compromised quesadilla performance, you will be glad to know that the build quality is excellent, diameter goes all the way to 12 inches, and the surface is entirely non-stick.
- Versatile performance
- Solid build quality
- Easy to clean
- You have 12 inches on disposal
- Ready to bake indicator light
- Not exactly a go-to quesadilla tool
Things You Should Consider To Find The Best Quesadilla Maker
So, those were the products competing for the title of the best quesadilla maker currently in stores. Hope you liked the reviews. Now, which one of them is best in our opinion? You will see the results further down below.
Before that, we need to answer one more important question – which one of them works best for you?
You see, when we are doing reviews and rankings, we have to generalize things. That implies that the picks we choose in the end will work best for your kitchen, family, or nutritional habits.
Therefore, we are going to compile a shortlist of considerations of things you should take into account before spending your hard-earned money.
See Also: The Best Crepe Makers
Let us start with…
- Yeah, capacity is probably one of the most important considerations you will need to make to get your perfect quesadilla maker. Seriously, why would you buy a unit that can feed an entire family if you are living alone or with your spouse?
- In this case, you should really save some money for other essential features and buy one of the smaller units that usually pack 8 inches in diameter. If you, on the other hand, have more mouths to feed, you will be glad to know that larger sizes are indeed available.
2. Multi-purpose Or Quesadilla-only
When you take a look at it, quesadilla makers are nothing more than highly specialized food presses. The thing is, they don’t need to be highly specialized at all. On the contrary, some of the more versatile packages you can find in the stores will also allow you to prepare the following foods:
- Pancakes (See Also: The Best Pancake Griddles)
- Hash browns
- Grilled sandwiches
- French toast
Of course, this versatility comes at a specific price. So ask yourself this – are you a quesadilla person, or you want to buy a unit that will allow you to better stretch your culinary muscles even if you have to invest a bit more?
- Interchangeable plates can be a real blessing. How? Well, since they are already cutting into your quesadillas while heating, they are making portioning a breeze. For instance, you can have four bigger pieces for lunch or eight smaller ones for your party. So, it’s always good to get more than one plate.
- However, try to take into consideration the depth of the molds. The unit with deeper pockets will allow you to fill your quesadillas with more ingredients than cheese and have fun with this dish.
- Also, plates with the non-stick surface are an absolute must.
4. Ease Of Use
- Quesadilla makers are products that are inherently easy to use. You can forget the oven and other units, just put the ingredients into the press and… Well, press.
- However, even this simple task can be made even simpler, and you should definitely aim for every ounce of convenience you can get.
- One of the examples of how quesadilla makers can be made easier to use is the lockable latch that will keep your press firmly in place, prevent accidental spilling and allow you to perform other kitchen duties while the quesadillas are being heated up.
- Other mentions include the likes of ergonomic handles, non-stick plates, and so on. Try to get as many of these things as possible.
5. Settings And Feedback
- Even if we rule out all other dishes that can be prepared with these types of units, when you stuff quesadillas with filling, they can become pretty thick. In order to make them timely and properly, you will need different heat settings. Fortunately, a lot of new models do allow a decent variety of heat settings, so you should have no problem in this regard.
- The second thing you should take into consideration is feedback. Ideally, your quesadilla maker should feature a small LCD screen that will allow you to go quickly navigate different settings as well as get the info about remaining heating time.
- As a bare minimum, the unit should at least feature a small LED light that turns on when the quesadillas are fully prepared.
- Last but not least, we have to mention the price of these things. Usually, quesadilla markets sit somewhere in the $10 – %60 price range. We say that the best purchases can be found somewhere in the middle of this sector. Of course, if you are going to use the maker on a daily basis and the product features all the goodies mentioned above, 60 bucks are still a worthwhile investment.
Read More: The Best Pizzelle Makers
Final Thoughts And Recommendations
And now that we’ve given you the opportunity to find what is, in your opinion, the best quesadilla maker for your kitchen, let us present our top three picks.
Now, this was an interesting roundup. Usually, we have a difficult time declaring the winner because the contestants are too different and excel in different areas. Here, the real problem was that all of the dedicated quesadilla makers were too similar. You can’t lose anything by siding with any of them.
Be that as it may, here are the results we came up with after a spirited debate.
Best quesadilla maker overall: NOSTALGIA 10-Inch 6-Wedge Quesadilla Maker
- The main complaint we had about this product is that it doesn’t really offer a bunch of exciting features. But, taking into consideration that competition provides a similar level of versatility, that is not exactly a flaw. What remains when we move this issue of the table is one incredibly competent quesadilla maker that will have no problem turning your tortillas into something much more exciting.
Best premium quesadilla maker: Hamilton Beach 25409 Quesadilla Maker
- Although Hamilton Beach 25409 doesn’t do anything overly spectacular, the small refinements it does pack are more than enough to earn it the title of our premium pick. Hey, if you can get a more stable base and grip surface that makes pressing easier, why wouldn’t you? Especially if the price bump is not that severe. If you have spare bucks to spend – we say go for it.
Best affordable quesadilla maker: Nostalgia MWF5AQ MyMini Personal Electric Waffle Maker
- Props to Nostalgia for scoring two titles in our small roundup. But, things are as they are – this package is not only incredibly affordable, but it also allows you to prepare some very crispy quesadillas. And all that while being designed for baking waffles. Now that’s a great value proposition if there ever was one.