Top 5 Best Portable Pizza Ovens 2020:
- Wisco 421 Pizza Oven
- Onlyfire Universal Stainless Steel Pizza Oven
- Presto 03430 Pizzazz Plus Rotating Oven
- Green Mountain Grill Wood Fired Pizza Oven
- KettlePizza Basic Pizza Oven Kit
There was certainly a time in your life where you were sitting in some Italian restaurant eating the delicious, crispy pizza and wondering – will your home-made pizza ever taste like that?
Well, it sure would!
With portable pizza ovens, you can easily bake your pizza to perfection and get the same restaurant-taste in your home’s comfort. What’s more, you can do it from almost anywhere as these units are very easy to transport.
Portable pizza ovens heat up relatively fast, and the temperatures on these appliances can go up to 900°F; thus it can bake your pizza in just a few minutes!
Today we are reviewing 5 great portable pizza ovens that we’ve selected just for you, and also go over some significant criteria for what to look out for before buying one.
5 Best Portable Pizza Ovens In 2020: Detailed Reviews
1. Wisco 421 Pizza Oven – Best Overall
This Wisco pizza oven is definitely one of the best portable pizza ovens for your home!
This is a very versatile pizza oven as you can cook and reheat a lot of different food using it. Wisco pizza oven is compact as it is 18 inches long, 15 inches wide, and almost 8 inches high. The weight of this unit is 19 pounds. Compact and lightweight, it is one very portable pizza oven and will not occupy a lot of your kitchen space.
It comes in a simple design with a shiny, stainless steel finish. Other than that, it has a large LCD panel with crucial parameters needed for your cooking, such as time and temperature setting. The temperature knob is convenient, and we were able to adjust the desired temperature precisely.
The most important thing one electric pizza oven should have is a well-built handle as it prevents injuries. We noticed that the plastic handle’s quality is very poor, as it did loosen up a bit and looks like it could break any second. So in terms of ergonomic usage, Wisco could improve this feature.
This oven operates on 1500 watts, and the temperature ranges from 150-500°F, and we have to admit, it cooks really well and even but not so fast as we thought initially. It will cook your pizza in about 7-8 minutes and works with frozen pizzas well.
Nevertheless, cleaning is very easy with this electric pizza oven as it features a cleanout tray and the rest of the oven, you can just gently wipe, and you’re done!
- Removable cleanout tray
- Adjustable temperature knob
- A little bit slow
- Handle build quality is poor
2. Onlyfire Universal Stainless Steel Pizza Oven – Our Premium Pick
We just love this Onlyfire pizza oven, and this is the perfect choice for outdoor activities with your friends and family. It is versatile, as it can also be used for baking cookies, pies, and bread!
This oven measures 21 inches wide and long and 8 inches high, and it does have a small cooking surface. It weighs only 10 pounds, and it is straightforward to transport.
It is made of stainless steel and is resistant to extreme heat. Also, it has a pizza chamber and a thermometer for easier monitoring of the temperature. The handles are also from stainless steel and are not so ergonomic because they get boiling hot, and you can’t touch them until the oven has cooled down.
However, this oven kit comes with convenient accessories such as pizza stone to place your freshly made pizza, and a convenient metal peel to use it to place the pizza inside the oven.
Onlyfire pizza oven has improved heat retention because of the double-wall ceiling. It will bake your pizza crusty from the outside and will keep it moist inside.
This oven has a front opening, and the heat flows from the base over the pizza and exits in the front. The heat will remain constant, and you don’t need to take off the lid to place or remove the pizza.
This oven is suitable for any gas grill, including a Weber grill, and is very easy to install. Because of its compact size, it fits most standard grills, and you can be sure it will undoubtedly fit yours.
Still, sometimes it can take longer to heat up, but it depends on the unit that is heating the oven. After it reaches high temperatures, your pizza will be done in less than 2 minutes!
- Made of high-end stainless steel
- Accessories included
- Temperature monitor
- Small cooking surface
- It can take longer to heat up
3. Presto 03430 Pizzazz Plus Rotating Oven – Best Budget-Friendly Choice
Homemade pizza was never easier with this convenient, cleverly designed pizza oven!
The unit is 16 inches wide, 14 inches long, and 10 inches high, and it weighs around 8 pounds. The circle plate can be removed, and overall, this model doesn’t take too much of your counter space.
It’s made of stainless steel and plastic, and it has a temperature knob that’s very easy to adjust. The circle tray rotates continuously to ensure even baking and the top and bottom heating elements can be separately controlled.
Also, you won’t have to worry about remembering the time with this oven because the alarm will let you know when the pizza is done. Although it is best to remove the pizza immediately because the tray will just keep on heating and rotating until you unplug it.
It operates at 1235 watts, and it reaches the temperature of 375°F, and you don’t need to preheat it. It needs around 15-20 minutes to bake your food, which is slow compared to other tested units.
You can bake a 12-inch size pizza and other dishes like chicken nuggets, fish sticks, quesadillas, and many similar.
Also, the non-stick pan is removable and very easy to clean.
Overall, this portable pizza oven is very compact, suits even the beginner cooks, and comes at a very affordable price!
- Easy to clean
- Rotating pan ensures even baking
- Automated timer
- Lower heat
- There is no power button
4. Green Mountain Grill Wood Fired Pizza Oven – The best wood-fired pizza oven
The excellent quality and functionality of this GMG pizza oven just left us speechless!
This model is built to last as it is made of heavy stainless steel. However, it weighs almost 35 pounds, which is a little heavy to lift. Nevertheless, it is 20 inches long, 17 inches wide, and 10 inches high, and it is easy to store. Also, it comes with a handy, big pizza stone!
However, the capacity of this unit is small, but it is perfect for family gatherings.
GMG pizza oven channels the heat from the firebox directly up and into the pizza chamber. Your pizza will be done in just 2-4 minutes as this oven can heat up to a temperature of 800°F. The housing chamber ensures the powerful airflow system that enhances the heat to bake your pizza faster!
This pizza oven is effortless to install, as you only have to place the oven over the firebox, towards the front of the grill. Then just place the pizza stone inside, and you’re good to go! Plus, because of its high-end materials, it retains the heat and bakes fast.
The only downside here is that it is only suitable for GMG Daniel Boone and Jim Bowie grill models, and it is not compatible with any other grill.
Lastly, it is straightforward to clean as you only have to wait for it to cool down and then just wipe it with a damp cloth.
- Powerful airflow system
- Retains heat
- Easy cleaning
- Quality materials
- Small capacity
- Heavy to lift
- Compatible with only certain grills
5. KettlePizza Basic Pizza Oven Kit – Best charcoal grill pizza oven
One of the most intriguing methods we have found is using a kettle grill with a pizza oven conversion kit, and this is where the KettlePizza oven kit comes in. When you combine the kit with the grill, you have the grilling/baking machine with the ability to make so many different dishes!
First of all, this kit comes in black color and it is good for both indoor and outdoor activities. This oven offers something that is not so common, and that is the flavor that comes from burning charcoal and wood – the smoky, fire-ish flavor that we all love.
The handles are wooden and ergonomic, and they won’t get hot, so you’re not likely to burn your hands. Also, the temperature is easy to monitor because it features a temperature thermometer.
The downside here is that the grill is not included, and you will have to set aside some money if you don’t already have one at your home.
We were using a mixture of charcoal and hardwood during the testing. The oven reached a temperature of 900°F and stayed hot for a long time.
The results were terrific, as the pizza was crispy and thin, with moisture preserved inside.
The oven kit is made of high-quality stainless steel, and the heat flows over the top of the pizza and exits at the opening.
The disadvantage here is that this kettle needs to be used with a specific 18,5 – 22-inch kettle grill, and it uses a lot of fuel for the temperature to remain consistent.
It is straightforward to clean as you only need to wipe off the tray with a damp cloth.
- Great design
- High-end materials
- Stays hot longer
- Uses a lot of wood and charcoal
- Needs a specific kettle grill
Things To Consider Before Buying The Portable Pizza Oven
There are many different types of portable pizza ovens, and they can be different in so many aspects. It can definitely be difficult choosing the right one if you don’t know what you are looking for in the first place. To help you out, we created some guidelines:
1. Size And Space
- This is the first step when looking for a pizza oven. You need to make sure your unit will fit the countertop or the available space in your home. Always do some research and check the recommended base dimensions for your pizza oven.
2. Type Of Oven
- These pizza ovens feature brick or clay linings that keep the temperature in the oven higher. Most of these appliances have a temperature range between 300-600 °F. They cook relatively slower and may produce uneven cooking.
- These ovens usually use wood or charcoal as the source of fuel. The flames are drawn to the oven’s ceilings, and the air is reflected down to cook pizza. They usually heat to a higher temperature than 900°F. This results in delicious pizza in less than one minute, but the pizza has a smoky taste.
- This type of pizza oven uses flames to heat the pizza, and they operate on higher temperatures for quick baking. The temperature is easily regulated, and this oven will heat the air drawn over the pizza for even and fast cooking. The lower and upper ceramic tiles are also heated by flames, which ensures even baking.
- Can you actually lift what you’ve ordered?
- Many portable ovens can be pretty heavy, so make sure to check the item’s weight in terms of portability.
- You should consider your oven’s capacity, as this can determine how big pizza (or how many pizzas) you can bake at once.
5. Cooking Time
- Based on the maximum temperature, portable pizza ovens can have different cooking times. Furthermore, if you don’t like waiting for your pizza, consider a unit that can heat up to 900°F and deliver your pizza in just a few minutes. However, some models can even bake your pizza in less than a minute!
6. Adjustable Temperature
- We recommend considering a unit with a built-in temperature knob that you can easily adjust, as this ensures better performance and versatility. Moreover, a control knob will allow you to adjust the temperature to higher levels, so your pizza can be ready quickly!
7. Looks And Materials
- The less expensive portable pizza oven model that’s not built efficiently enough will not support your needs. The types of materials used are as important as the aesthetic’s side. Thus, the oven’s efficiency will directly depend on the materials used, and the better the material, the higher the cost.
- Also, there are some other features you might want to consider, such as kitchen timer, glass doors (to watch the cooking process), temperature display, and stone base.
- The stone base is useful as it absorbs water and moisture. This can prevent burning your pizza and a crisp, delicious base. Additionally, you can purchase separate pizza stones that can be put into almost any portable pizza oven.
- If you don’t want to burn your hands, we highly suggest looking for some models that have insulated construction. This implies that the unit is safe to operate even at higher temperatures!
- Additionally, you can find units that have wooden handles that are very ergonomic.
9. Ease Of Use
- The ergonomic design will undoubtedly be straightforward to handle, so you should consider this factor. The compact and lightweight design with additional stands will allow you to transport your portable pizza oven anywhere!
- To keep your portable pizza ovens in a stable working condition, you need to clean them after each use. Consider buying the one that is easy to clean, like our non-stick Presto Plus Rotating Oven!
Best Portable Pizza Oven – Final Thoughts and Recommendations
Overall, pizza ovens usually determine your pizza’s taste, so it is essential to choose wisely. There are many different types of portable pizza ovens on the market, and thus it can be quite tricky choosing the right one for your home.
You definitely can’t go wrong regardless of which portable pizza oven model you pick from our top 5 list, but here are our recommendations:
Best overall: Wisco 421 Pizza Oven
- Our absolute favorite model is this Wisco pizza oven. This unit is so versatile, and it’s very compact, so it fits almost anywhere. The best of all is that you don’t need to turn the pizza while cooking and the cleaning process is the piece of cake!
Our Premium Choice: Only Fire universal Stainless Steel Pizza Oven
- Suppose you’re not on a limited budget we recommend buying this Onlyfire pizza oven. This model is made of top-notch stainless steel, and it is very easy to use and store. Enjoy your delicious pizzas in no time!
Budget-Friendly Choice: Presto 03430 Pizzazz Plus Rotating Oven
- One of the most affordable models that we’ve stumbled upon while searching is this Presto rotating oven. The non-stick tray makes it very easy to clean, and the two heating elements produce the perfect crispy pizzas!