Top 5 Best Omelette Pans 2020:
- Ozeri ZP18-20 8″ Stone Earth Frying Omelette Pan
- Tramontina Professional Fry Pan
- Nordic Ware 10692AMZ Italian Frittata and Omelette Pan
- Calphalon 2018986 Contemporary Hard-Anodized Aluminum Omelette Fry Pan
- TECHEF – Frittata and Omelette Pan, Coated with New Teflon
Who doesn’t like an omelet?
We all agree that it is one of our favorite breakfast items, no matter whether we like it with cheese, herbs, ham, or veggies.
As much as we love it, it can sometimes be incredibly frustrating to make. Most of us had faced at least one failure when we tried to flip it, an omelet that has turned into scrambled eggs, or a soggy one.
The secret to the perfect fluffy & crispy omelet is the right cookware. You need the best omelet pan to master the preparation of this delicious and quick meal.
There are plenty of great omelet pans out there. In our search to find the best omelet pans that are worth your money, we run them through a standardized gauntlet of tests and review only the ones that passed it with flying colors!
See Also: The Best Egg Rings
5 Best Omelet Pans In 2020: Detailed Reviews
1. Ozeri ZP18-20 8″ Stone Earth Frying Omelette Pan – An Ace in Every Category
We start off strong, with a model that has all of the features you could possibly want in an omelet pan: material quality, even heat distribution, and versatility.
Let’s dissect these characteristics so that you can see for yourself how well-rounded is the Ozeri ZP18-20 frying pan.
It has a stone-derived coating, patented in Germany, and is free of all the harmful chemicals (such as APEO, GenX, PFBS, PFOS, PFOA, etc.)
This premium-grade coating, along with the durable heavy-gauge aluminum, means that the surface is non-stick and scratch-resistant. The base is magnetized for easy use with all kinds of stoves, including an induction stovetop.
Moreover, the silicon-coated handle offers a comfortable grip and doesn’t get hot over time, as it is heat resistant. It is reinforced to the pan via three solid rivets, and we’re pretty sure it won’t fall off no matter what you do with it.
Aside from being the best omelet pan, we can recommend this pan for many other uses, from frying anything you can imagine to searing. We are adamant everybody needs one Ozeri ZP18-20!
By the way, it is oven safe (as long as you don’t use it on temperatures higher than 230°C/446°F), so you can use it for that purpose, too.
Oh, and you also get an excellent pan protector for free if you stack your cookware so that you do not damage it. This is more of a “nice-to-have” kind of features than a requirement, but it adds a few bonus points to the total grade!
Its versatility does not end with many uses; there are multiple designs as well.
You can get an 8, 10, or 12-inch variant, in as many as five different colors.
It aced all of our tests, and we made dozens of best omelets with it – do not hesitate to buy it! It is excellent for your household, as well as for commercial needs.
- Free of toxic substances
- High-quality materials
- Excellent handle
- Lifetime warranty
- We could not find any!
2. Tramontina Professional Fry Pan – Budget-Friendly Pick
Our budget-friendly pick, the Tramontina Professional omelet frying pan, impressed us with its functionality and efficiency at such an affordable price.
Firstly, its design leaves a strong impression of durability the moment you use it.
It is made of commercial-grade heavy-duty material and meets the standards for the NSF certification. This means that it is manufactured to withstand professional (restaurant) use, but we also recommend it for residential use. You will become a self-taught omelet master with this one in no time!
This high-end base is reinforced with the Eclipse PFOA-free non-stick coating for effortless removal of your omelet from the pan, and the satin exterior finish earned it a couple of points in the design department.
Could it possibly get better, you may ask?
Sure it can! The final touch on the construction is the cast stainless-steel riveted handle with a silicone coating for an excellent grip. It is also removable if you want to use the pan in the oven.
Of course, we tested it in the oven, too, and the safe temperature is up to 204°C/400°F – slightly lower than usual.
Just like the previous pan, this also doesn’t lack in versatility – you can get an 8, 10, 12, and 14-inch variant, as well as a pack of two!
This USA-made omelet pan is covered with a lifetime warranty, so it’ll make your mornings (and days) better for the time being.
- Sleek design
- Lifetime warranty
- Easy to clean
- Dishwasher safe
- The coating doesn’t come off
- It isn’t compatible with an induction stovetop (though you can use an induction interface disk)
3. Calphalon 2018986 Contemporary Hard-Anodized Aluminum Omelette Fry Pan – Best Commercial-Grade Set
If you’re looking for a perfect set of pans to prepare omelet in your restaurant or at home, the Calphalon 2018986 may be just right for you. You get a set of two omelet pans (10 and 12 inches), which is a real bargain compared to the price tag.
Namely, the anodized aluminum ensures that there is even heating, and the interior of the pan includes three layers of the non-stick coating. The fact that it is multilayered means not only that this pan is durable, but that it is also non-stick for an easy release of an omelet.
The pan was also constructed so that it provides plenty of room for cooking (it is around three inches deep), as the bottom is flat and wide with the sloped sides that will enable you to toss and roll your omelet easily.
Another crucial thing that we assess is the handle, of course.
The handles on both of these pans are brushed stainless-steel handles that will stay cool, as they are heat-resistant. Moreover, they are around 8.3 inches long and approximately 1 inch in diameter, which translates to a perfect and secure grip.
We liked how these pans come with lids, which is often not the case (as it wasn’t for the previous two picks).
- Premium aluminum
- Three layers of non-stick coating
- PFOA free
- Stovetop & oven compatibility
- Heats evenly
- Lifetime warranty
- Aggressive cleaning products (such as baking soda, strong liquid cleaners, etc.) can damage the coating, as the surface is a bit delicate
- Although handles are great, we do wish that there was a silicone grip on them
4. Nordic Ware 10692AMZ Italian Frittata and Omelette Pan – Best Double-Sided
Our last two picks are decidedly a little bit different than what you’re used to – they are double-sided omelet pans, also known as folding pans.
This kind of pans is specialized for omelets and similar dishes (such as Italian frittata), as they enable you to flip the omelet trouble-free and to cook it evenly and quickly.
As a rule of thumb, they are made so that you should cook the omelet first on the one side along with the fillings (though you can pour the egg mixture simultaneously in both), and then close the lid and flip it to cook it on the other side.
The first folding pan comes from Nordic Ware, a company that sets the canon for five-star kitchenware.
While the pan is constructed of high-grade aluminum, the handles are stainless steel (our favorite combo for omelet pans). They do not have silicone grips, though, but you need not worry about this, as the handles do not get hot at all.
Each pan that goes through our lab goes under intense use, probably more intense than it would in any kitchen, but we’re here to exceed its limits. After that, we can conclude that this pan is in no way prone to scratching, and its non-sticking coating is excellent.
Neither of the sides of this double-sided omelet pan is magnetic, which means it’s not the best for the induction stovetop. If this feature is essential to you, better search elsewhere!
- Sloped walls of the pan for an easy flip of an omelet
- Unique design
- Non-stick coating
- Comes with instructions and a few ideas on how to make an omelet
- Not for the induction cooktop
5. TECHEF – Frittata and Omelette Pan, Coated with New Teflon – Best Premium
Our last omelet pan for today, and second double-sided, the Techef Omelette Pan, is not cheap as some of its rivals, but you get what you pay for.
That means you get an excellent omelet pan made of high-quality aluminum and enhanced with New Teflon. Namely, the new technology deals with and eliminates all the problems that were regarded as unsafe about Teflon.
The new version is created per the ANSES (French Food Safety Agency) and FDA (The US Food and Drug Administration) standards.
Apart from coating and base, the handle also earned our respects due to its stainless-steel design and heat resistance.
When you close the lid (i.e., the left side of the pan), there is a perfect coverage without any gap, which is often not the case with double-sided pans, and we sometimes struggled to keep them closed. That’s why this one outperformed most of the others that were also put to the test.
In addition, it is one of the more modern pieces of cookware, design-wise. We tried out the purple variant, which really makes you admire its perfect design while you’re using it.
Considering its high rating, it was no shock to us that this high-end omelet pan deserved the place on our list, and we can only give sincere recommendations for it!
- Modern design
- Comfortable large handle that doesn’t get hot
- Lifetime warranty
- Ideal for rolled omelets
- Reinvented Teflon technology
- Non-stick cooking surface
- Although it is advertised as dishwasher-safe, the non-stick coating may wear off. We recommend hand wash!
- The small handle (on the lid) gets kinda hot
Factors To Consider When Buying An Omelette Pan
The criteria when shopping for the best omelet pan for you is pretty similar as when you’re looking for a regular pan, besides a few crucial characteristics you have to pay attention to.
To determine which pan from our list is the best pick for you, evaluate it against the following factors.
The properties of the material of your omelet pan are crucial for making it delicious and fluffy.
Here are the most popular options (and our opinion on them):
- Aluminum. Bingo! The heat conductivity of aluminum pans is excellent, they are lightweight, resistant to rust, and overall our favorite. The problem is that they are generally not that durable, so you have to be on a lookout for the most quality ones (as we were, and picked them out for you). Another option is anodized aluminum, which is more durable, but also more expensive.
- Stainless steel. Everyone knows how durable stainless steel is, though it distributes heat less evenly than aluminum omelet pans. We prefer this material for the handle (another core element of the whole construction).
- Copper. Although this material offers a quick heat distribution, it is not the best for your health and food, and so we left it out.
- Carbon steel. The same goes for carbon steel – it has great heat properties, but it is not the best health-wise.
The interior of the pan has some sort of coating, and what we’re looking for here is a non-stick one. You don’t want your omelet to fall apart or transform into scrambled eggs, do you?
- There are one-layer, double-layer, and triple-layer coating options. The simple rule is: the higher the number of layers, the more durable and non-sticking the pan, as well as more resistant to scratches.
- Teflon coating also used to be a popular option for omelet cooking pans, but now it is considered not-so-quality, and it’s debatable whether it is the healthiest option. That’s why most of the top-notch picks today do not feature it (ever since 2018).
The final pick on our list, however, has a sort of a Teflon coating, but it is a modified formula from last year that is PFOA free.
- As mentioned before, we prefer stainless steel handles that are the most durable and reliable.
- There are other basic requirements you might want to consider in this regard.
- The handle of the omelet pan should provide a comfortable grip on the hand so that you can easily control the pan and maneuver all those flips of your omelet!
- Additionally, you don’t want your handle to get heated. Heat-resistant handles are what we accept here!
- Most of the handles come with a silicone grip that prevents sliding and protects you from heat, and we love it (only one of our picks doesn’t have it).
- Oh, and we almost forgot – sometimes, the handle can be removable, if the pan is oven-safe. That is certainly a nice little detail!
- Highest-quality cookware is something everyone deserves and needs. You don’t need to buy an omelet pan and similar utensils every now and then.
- That’s why we’re optimally looking for the absolute maximum here – lifetime warranty, while we don’t accept anything less than five years.
Final Words & Recommendations
For anyone looking to replace their old, sticky pan, the Ozeri ZP18-20 omelet pan may be the best choice overall. It delivers big on every front: it is well-designed, versatile, and offers premium culinary features – all of that at a fantastic price.
Who says you need to pay a lot for top-notch kitchen utensils? Our budget-friendly choice, the Tramontina omelet pan, hones your cooking skills to near perfection at the lowest price.
Finally, if you want a premium omelet pan that will last for years to come, the Nordic Ware 10692AMZ could be the answer. This double-sided pan, which costs a bit more than the other picks, offers everything a perfect omelet pan does with its unique design.