Top 5 Best Olive Oil Dispensers 2020:
- Aozita 17oz Glass Olive Oil Bottle Dispenser
- Zeppoli 17oz Olive Oil Dispenser
- Rachael Ray 58388 Solid Glaze Ceramics EVOO Olive Oil Bottle Dispenser
- Auto Flip Olive Oil Dispenser Bottle,20 OZ
- OXO Good Grips Precision Pour Glass Oil Dispenser
Not only is olive oil healthier, but it also has a wide variety of uses besides cooking – it can be used for dressing the salad, sautéing, or even as a dip for bruschetta.
If you belong to the group people who are fond of olive oil and consume it often, you know that its quality deteriorates over time.
Considering that it is more expensive than other kinds of oil and that it loses its health benefits when it’s affected by oxidation, you want to prevent this from happening.
Aging also affects its flavor, while heat damages its constitution. That’s why you need the best olive oil dispenser, a handy tool that will help you preserve the top quality of your olive oil.
The market is full of olive oil dispensers that do not deserve the place in your kitchen, so we made sure to single out five that do. These are the best olive oil dispensers that can be bought at the moment.
See Also: The Best Olive Oil Sprayers
5 Best Olive Oil Dispensers In 2020: Detailed Reviews
1. Aozita 17oz Glass Olive Oil Bottle Dispenser – The Best Overall
Based on our first-hand experience, comparisons, and testing, the Aozita olive oil dispenser is the best dispenser overall. Not only is it excellent on all fronts, but it is also one of the cheapest out there!
Due to its perfectly utilized elegant dark brown design, this 17-oz olive oil dispenser protects your olive oil from sunlight while keeping it fresh.
What adds to its reliability when it comes to perseverance is the black screw cap and the white inner cork that make this bottle as air-tight as possible. Remember, oxidation is one of the worst enemies for olive oil!
Besides favorable storage-related features, this dispenser is characterized by additional protective features.
There is the non-drip 18/8 stainless steel pour with a sealed, flat cap that keeps the dust out of the bottle and enables a smooth dispense without leakage.
If you’re wondering about the purpose of the two caps that you get, it’s nice that you can choose what you prefer to have on top – either a flap closer or an open closer with a rubber cap. The flowing style also varies.
This stainless funnel is also excellent for an easy refill and closure: neither your counter nor your hands will be greasy.
Best part? Maintenance is the breeze, too! This olive oil dispenser is dishwasher safe, and if you decide to hand-wash it, you just need the regular detergent and warm water.
Finally, we want to mention that manufacturers provide assistance for you within 24 hours. We believe you won’t need any, but we always appreciate user-friendliness!
- Excellent for both dressing & cooking
- Low price
- Smart design
- Easy pour & refill
- High-quality stainless steel funnel
- Protects olive oil from sunlight
- None here!
2. Zeppoli 17oz Olive Oil Dispenser – The Best Set
Here’s one of two sets that we wanted to review because it deserves the place on our top five olive oil dispensers list. Besides the olive oil dispenser, you get a vinegar glass bottle, but we will focus on the former today. We just want to say that it is equally good and that the whole set is a real bang for the buck!
Both bottles are 12.5 inches tall, and the accompanying rack is around 13 inches, so they won’t take up much space. Generally, we are pleased with 17oz volume, as it means you needn’t worry about the refill often, and this olive oil dispenser will efficiently protect your olive oil for a very long time.
It is made of premium and durable BPA rubber stoppers, and the whole body is of a strong glass that is built to last.
Apart from the vinegar glass bottle that we mentioned, this set includes a polished steel rack for the elegant storage of the two. As for the tiny parts, there are two dual spouts that you can change according to your preference.
What we want to note is that we recommend getting an inexpensive stainless funnel if you want to make sure there won’t be any leakage. Albeit we had no problems with spilling or drips, the opening on the spout can cause some air to get to your olive oil.
- Durable glass
- Easy to clean
- You also get a vinegar bottle
- Dishwasher safe
- No leakage
- It doesn’t come with a funnel
3. Rachael Ray 58388 Solid Glaze Ceramics EVOO Olive Oil Bottle Dispenser – The Best-Looking
When we first saw the next olive oil dispenser by Rachael Ray, we were all intrigued by its attractive design. And we are pleased to report that it is just as efficient and useful!
Let’s see what it offers.
Its price tag is a bit higher in this category, but its volume is bigger than the most, too – with 24 oz capacity, you won’t need to refill this olive oil bottle dispenser as often. Unlike the previous two choices, this one is made of stoneware that is glazed on the inside so that it stays dark and protects olive oil from sunlight and oxidation.
We also liked the spout with a metal-piece pop-up top that keeps the dispenser safe from getting the air inside of it. Its design is peculiar not only in vibrant color options (Blue, Dark Green, Green, Marine Blue, Orange, Red, Sea Salt Grey) but also in the shape that allows you to store a large amount of oil.
It has a wide flat bottom with a narrow neck and a handle that, we must admit, we wish was a bit larger. We wholeheartedly recommend this olive oil dispenser for those of you for whom upscale design is of utmost importance! It will look great in your kitchen, and it will help preserve your olive oil.
- Heat resistant
- Dishwasher safe
- Preserves the flavor of your oil
- Attractive design
- Compact (13’’ tall)
- Large volume (24 oz)
- The grip on the handle is not so great
- A bit heavy, compared to the other dispensers
4. Auto Flip Olive Oil Dispenser Bottle,20 OZ – The Most Versatile
You can probably tell that, as we progress further and further into the list, the options become more and more versatile. This is because we wanted to cover all the types of oil dispensers on the market, not just only the standard, bottle-shaped ones, and it’s up to you to decide which one you like better!
So, the fourth olive oil dispenser is a shape of a pitcher, which makes it very easy and accessible to use. It is also made of transparent glass so that you can easily track how much olive oil you have left and when it’s the time to refill it.
The material is built to last for a long time, and it’s a combination of food-grade, BPA-free PP, and lead-free glass, so it is perfectly safe for your health. There is a silicone sealed gasket inside the cap that prevents leakage and dripping and avoids any oxidation.
Moreover, it offers a large capacity of 20 oz, with a U-shaped spout for full control when you pour, and an easy refill. We detected no drips or leaks whatsoever. As you can tell from its design, it features a wider cap than our other picks, but we liked it very much.
The flip lid has a stainless steel roller. It opens automatically when the bottle is tilted and closes when you put it upright, allowing for a one-handed pour, just like with the pitcher. If this makes you wonder, “Can it open accidentally and spill the oil if it tips over?”, it’s understandable; it crossed our minds, too.
Naturally, we had to test it out. It is virtually impossible for this dispenser to tip over, as the bottom is anti-slip, and the grip is very comfortable. If you still manage to drop it somehow, it will land safely on its wide base.
- Avoids oxidation
- Elegant design
- Ergonomic handle
- An automatic mechanism for opening
- Not heat-resistant. This is a con, as well as a caution: do not wash this dispenser at temperatures higher than 40 ℃!
5. OXO Good Grips Precision Pour Glass Oil Dispenser – Premium Pick
It’s getting more and more interesting, right?
Our last pick is for those of you who are looking for a refreshing set of oil & vinegar dispensers. While this set comes at a steep price compared to the other picks, it gives you an upscale look and complete functionality.
Again, our focus is on the “oil dispenser” part of the set, but the same goes for vinegar if that interests you. So far, we’ve had a bottle, with and without the handle, and a pitcher. The final choice, OXO oil dispenser, is similarly shaped to a thermos.
The 12oz-capacity may disappoint you a bit, as we had models that offer twice as much. However, the bottles that you get in the set are exactly the same, so why not use them both for oil?! The OXO dispensers are also very portable and compact, as they are both around 8-¼’’ tall.
It is made of a durable, thick glass enhanced with a drip-free spout and stainless details. There is a tiny opening on the top, but it is utilized in such a way that it does not let the air damage the quality of your olive oil.
As versatile as this kitchen tool is, it offers two flow speeds, one for a drizzle, and the other when you’re cooking and want a steady flow. In the long run, we were impressed by how easy it was to maintain. It comes apart entirely so that you can clean all the parts, and it is dishwasher safe.
- High-quality material
- Sleek design
- Two speeds
- Easy to clean
- No leaks at all
- Pricier than most oil dispensers
- Smaller volume than some other picks (but there are two dispensers x 12oz)
Factors To Consider Before Buying An Olive Oil Dispenser
While these are the best picks on the market, you still need to find the one (or two) that works best for you.
Our main objective in this part was to acquaint you with the factors that are of prime importance when you’re looking for the best olive oil dispenser for you.
Olive oil dispenser types are mostly distinguished by the material they are made of:
- Glass dispensers. By far most popular, these are your safe bet, and they are the most reliable and durable out there. Simply put – they are what you think about when someone says “olive oil dispenser.” They keep the oil dark as the sunlight can’t penetrate through the glass, and they are more or less transparent so that you can see how much oil you have left.
- Steel dispensers. As alluring as it may sound to you, whole-body steel dispensers aren’t that practical nor common. In most of the cases, there is the need for some of its parts to be made of glass because steel doesn’t have so many favorable characteristics for flavor perseverance. It is advisable, though, that some parts of the lid, handles, etc., are made of stainless steel.
- Ceramic dispensers. There is only one stoneware ceramic olive oil dispenser on our list because these are generally less popular, heavier, and more challenging to maintain. However, when you find a quality one (such as our pick), they are a good choice because their perseverance features are top-notch.
- Plastic dispensers. Succinctly, we don’t really rely on plastic dispensers, and we don’t recommend them. Neither of our choices is made of plastic.
This is the second paramount factor you want to consider when buying an olive oil dispenser.
- First, ask yourself: What kind of flow do you want? Thick or thin? Steady or slow?
- The pour spout regulates this, so you want to pay attention to it. Most often, olive oil dispensers come with two spouts so that you can choose between the two pouring styles.
- Another thing to check out here is whether the spout comes with a cap or not. If it doesn’t, and the opening is large, there might be some oxidation involved (and that’s the primary thing you want to avoid).
- So, air-tight and sealed olive oil dispensers are the best option to go with.
The final factor pretty much varies on your needs. If you cook often, you will need an olive oil dispenser that has a large volume. If you don’t, you might be even satisfied with a 12oz-olive oil dispenser.
- The main point of this factor is to calculate how often you will need to refill the dispenser and whether you’ll be able to use the oil until its beneficial effects last (this is only for up to two months after it has been opened).
- Therefore, do not overfill the bottle if you aren’t going to use the oil in that period, and buy one that suits your needs!
Final Words – Photo Finish
As we know that cost is a high priority, we are happy to announce that both of our top picks are moderately priced.
For all-around best olive oil dispenser that has a funnel, solid volume (17oz), and is also the most durable, the Aozita olive oil dispenser cannot be beaten, although the runner-up came in pretty close. Albeit there are some dispensers on the market that offer a larger capacity, this one comes at an amazing price and with all the premium features.
The runner-up that is also for budget shoppers, the Zeppoli olive oil dispenser, provides similar features and comes in a set of two bottles.
If you’re into stylish looks and functionality, go for the best premium olive oil dispenser, the Rachael Ray 58388. It will make you and your kitchen table stand out, and it will provide excellent protection for your olive oil!