Top 5 Best Milkshake Makers 2020:
- Breville BSB510XL Control Grip Immersion Blender
- Waring Commercial WDM120 Heavy Duty Diecast Metal Single Spindle Drink Mixer
- COSORI Blender 1500W for Shakes and Smoothies
- Hamilton Beach 730C DrinkMaster Classic Drink Mixer
- Cuisinart CDM-100G Classic Drink Mixer
Milkshakes are delightful treats perfect to indulge during hot summer days. When you think of milkshakes, one of the first things that come to mind is the image of retro diners like the ones they had back in the 60s. This finger-licking combination of milk and ice cream has been around for a long time, and people of all ages love it!
If you are a fellow milkshake enthusiast, and you’re looking for a kitchen tool that makes the most delicious milkshakes, you’re in the right place!
We’ve looked into so many milkshake makers, from classic and retro to modern and versatile. After careful considerations, with confidence and without bias, we’ve made this list of best milkshake makers on the market.
If you’re interested in our top picks of the best milkshakes makers, keep reading!
5 Best Milkshake Makers In 2020: Detailed Reviews
1. Breville BSB510XL Control Grip Immersion Blender – Best Overall
Breville is a brand well known for creating high-quality kitchen appliances and this Control Grip Immersion Blender is one of them. It’s a versatile device that will be a great addition to any kitchen.
Breville Control Grip Immersion Blender has a 280W motor, an 8” immersion depth and 15-speed settings. This means it’s a powerful device that makes milkshakes with perfect textures. The control grip has an innovative design and a bell-shaped base that provides stability for easy, efficient blending.
If you prefer simple designs and kitchen tools that don’t require a lot of work, this is a great choice for you. All you need to do to start blending is push one button!
Like all Breville products, this one is also made of premium materials. The hand blender is made of stainless steel that gives it an elegant, sleek appearance and makes it very durable. Because it’s a powerful blender, you can also use it to crush ice.
With the Breville Control Grip Immersion Blender comes a chopping bowl, a large jug, and a whisk. This means it’s a multipurpose tool that can be used to make not only milkshakes but also delicious and healthy smoothies and juices.
You will not have any trouble cleaning the blender since the blending head can be removed from the controller and you can safely put it in a dishwasher. However, you will have to wash the chopper and the whisk manually.
- Powerful motor, 15-speed settings
- Easy to use and clean
2. Waring Commercial WDM120 Heavy Duty Diecast Metal Single Spindle Drink Mixer – Premium and Extravagant
This Drink Mixer made by Waring has many features that make it a premium option. It is a heavy-duty machine that can be used for both personal and professional needs.
It is an outstanding unit made of a special type of metal, called die-cast metal. This material is known to provide extreme durability and strength for every-day use.
In addition to this, Waring Commercial Drink Mixer has a high-performance motor, possibly the strongest one on the market. It is a 1HP peak motor that’s powerful enough to blend all sorts of ingredients with no trouble. It also has a three-speed rocket that can go from 16000 RPM to 20000 RPM and a maximum speed of 24000 RPM.
With this mixer, you also get a cup and a butterfly agitator. The cup is made of stainless steel that fits perfectly into the machine’s body. The butterfly agitator is a system that works with softer ice creams and many types of cups.
There is one huge downside to this blender – the price. Even though it is a powerful mixer, its price is well above average. With this being said, if you don’t need a professional-grade mixer, perhaps you should look into other more affordable options.
However, if money is not an issue for you and you’re looking for a premium mixer that will last you a long time, then this is a perfect choice!
- Heavy-duty mixer
- Powerful motor
- Three-speed rocker
- Very durable
- Comes with a cup and a butterfly agitator
- Not exactly budget-friendly
3. Hamilton Beach 730C DrinkMaster Classic Drink Mixer – Retro and Budget-Friendly
If you love classic designs and you need a milkshake maker that will fit perfectly into your retro kitchen, this Hamilton Beach DrinkMaster Mixer is an amazing choice!
The chrome finish and the shape of soda fountains from the 60s will for sure give you nostalgia. Even though it has a chrome finish, we have to note that it’s made of plastic. However, because it has a solid built, it doesn’t feel light or cheap.
Hamilton Beach DrinkMaster Mixer is designed to be simple and easy to use. It’s very convenient to put it on your kitchen counter since it doesn’t take up a lot of space and its classic, retro design will brighten up your kitchen!
Before purchasing this kitchen tool, you should know that it’s not made to be anything more than a mixer. It has a 70W motor, so don’t expect it to be as powerful as blenders. With two speed options and a tiltable mixing head, it won’t be strong enough to crush ice or big chunks of fruit, but it will make perfect milkshakes!
This milkshake maker also comes with a 28-ounce cup made of stainless steel.
Cleaning Hamilton Beach mixer is an easy process. The tilt-back head allows easy access for both adding ingredients and cleaning it after use and the detachable spindle is dishwasher safe.
- Classic, retro design
- Comes with a huge stainless steel cup
- Easy to use and clean
- Has a reasonable price
- Not as strong as blenders
4. Cuisinart CDM-100G Classic Drink Mixer – A Touch of Whimsy For Your Kitchen
Another mixer with a simple, retro design comes from Cuisinart, a well-known manufacturer of high-performance kitchen appliances. This mint Classic Drink Mixer will fit perfectly on your kitchen counter if you like bright, pastel colors.
Cuisinart Classic Drink Mixer has a simple design. The body is made of die-cast metal, which is known to be strong, durable material. This shows that Cuisinart really puts a lot of thought into their designs, even for simple milkshake makers. The 24-ounce cup that comes with the mixer is made of stainless steel and the non-slip feet on the base will make sure that the mixer always stays in place!
The motor on this mixer is not as powerful as those on blenders, but it will be strong enough to make a perfect milkshake. However, if you wish to put ice or chunks of fruit in your milkshake, make sure to crush it into small pieces before putting it in.
This model has two speeds, and it’s perfect for light mixtures. This means that, in addition to milkshakes, you can also use it for beating eggs or to make pancake batter. See Also: The Best Pancake Griddles
Cuisinart Mixer is also very easy to clean. The spindle is detachable and dishwasher safe. As for the cup, it’s better to wash it manually with a soft sponge and warm water, since there is a possibility that the dishwasher will damage its shiny surface.
- Durable, die-cast metal body
- Easy to use
- Can be used for more than milkshakes
- Comes in only one bright color
5. COSORI Blender 1500W for Shakes and Smoothies – Endless Possibilities
Retro design and pastel colors are cute if you want them to brighten up your kitchen counter or you wish to have the old-fashioned milkshake making experience. However, if you want a powerful, multipurpose blender that will not only make perfect milkshakes but also smoothies, soups, and mixing batters, this COSORI Blender is the best choice for you!
This is a heavy-duty blender with a black and chrome color combination that gives a classy, professional look.
There are several buttons located at the base of the blender. Besides a standard on/off switch, there is a speed oscillator that gives you more control while blending.
The things that separate this blender from all the others on the market are the impressive, razor-sharp blades. They are made of stainless steel and have a speed of 30000 RPM. Coupled with the powerful 1500W motor, these blades make the COSORI Blender a sturdy and solid kitchen appliance.
One of the downsides of this model is that it takes up more space compared to other blenders and this is something you should think about if you don’t have a lot of storage space. However, we believe that the benefits that come with COSORI Blender outweigh the downsides, so if storage space is not a problem for you, this is a phenomenal choice!
- Versatile – makes milkshakes, smoothies soups, mixing batters…
- Speed oscillator gives you control while blending
- Razor-sharp blades
- Powerful 1500W motor
- Large in size – takes up more space than other milkshake makers
Things To Consider Before Buying A Milkshake Maker
Perhaps you’re thinking – making milkshakes is not complicated, so why should you contemplate so much about a milkshake maker? Well, the answer is simple. Even though milkshake makers are easy to use and don’t have a lot of different features and accessories, there are still some things you should think about before buying one.
These are the most important factors to consider:
1. Personal Or Commercial Use?
Maybe the most important thing to ask yourself before buying a milkshake maker is what you will be using it for? Do you wish to make simple, homemade milkshakes for your friends and family or you need a milkshake maker for commercial use, like in a restaurant?
- If you need it for personal use, you should consider buying a simple, easy to use milkshake maker that’s affordable and doesn’t take up a lot of space. With this, you’ll be able to make delicious milkshakes with very little effort.
- On the other hand, if you need a milkshake maker for professional use, there are many great heavy-duty, strong and durable options.
2. Design And Material
- Most milkshake makers have a simple design. Many of them have a classic, retro design and bright, pastel colors that will look great on your kitchen counter. Those that are heavy-duty and larger in size, usually come in darker colors that give it a more professional look.
- When it comes to materials, there is a variety of options you can choose from. Some milkshake makers are made of plastics, but that doesn’t mean they don’t have a solid construction and nice appearance. In this case, the plastic usually has a chrome finish so it doesn’t look light and cheap.
- There are milkshake makers that are made of a special metal, called die-cast metal. Devices made of this material are built to last since it’s very durable and strong.
- Almost every milkshake maker comes with a cup that’s large and made of stainless steel.
- Classic milkshake makers are not very versatile. Besides milkshakes, you may be able to use a milkshake maker to make pancake batter, whipped cream or fluffy beaten eggs.
- If multipurposeness is what you need, then you should look for a blender that works as a milkshake maker as well as smoothie, soup or juice maker.
Why You Should Buy A Milkshake Maker
Milkshake is a favorite drink of many children as well as adults. For kids, it’s an exciting and fun treat that has at least one healthy ingredient – milk! We don’t have to tell you about the benefits of milk, and we’re sure you’ll agree children are more likely to drink milk if it comes in a delicious beverage like a milkshake!
Having a milkshake maker can save you some money as well. If you think about it, milkshakes are tasty, refreshing drinks that are great to serve at parties and gatherings, and instead of buying so many milkshakes, you can simply buy ingredients and make them at home. This way, you will save money and you can be sure that all the ingredients are super fresh!
Milkshake Making Tips And Tricks
If you have never tried to make a milkshake at home by yourself, we have a couple of useful tips and tricks that can help you and give you the best milkshake making experience!
When you choose the ingredients that you wish to put in your milkshake, don’t make the mistake of putting them all at once. Firstly add milk and ice cream, and add other things like chocolate, fruit or ice at the end. This way, they will add a richer flavor to the mix, and you will avoid any possibility of damaging your mixer.
Furthermore, don’t overfill the bowl or cup. Start adding ingredients little by little, to avoid spilling everything and making a mess.
If you want a nice, refreshing milkshake, make sure that the ingredients are as cold as they can be! Of course, you can always add ice, but it’s better that everything you put in the mixer is also cold, because too much ice can change the flavor of your milkshake.
Final Thoughts And Recommendations
Milkshakes are favorite drinks of many people. With a milkshake maker, you can always make delicious, creamy milkshakes at home for your entire family to enjoy!
After trying out so many milkshake makers, these are our top picks:
Best Overall: Breville BSB510XL Control Grip Immersion Blender
- With a powerful motor and 15-speed settings, this Control Grip Immersion Blender is an amazing choice. It allows you to make perfect milkshakes very quicky, it’s simple to use and the high-quality materials guarantee you it was made to last.
- An undisputable winner in this category must be this Waring Drink Mixer. It’s suitable for both professional and personal use. It’s made of premium die-cast metal, it has one of the strongest motors and the maximum speed of 24000 RPM. The only problem with this mixer is that it comes at a high price.
Best Multipurpose Option: COSORI Blender 1500W for Shakes and Smoothies
- If you’re looking for a versatile device that you can use to make milkshakes, smoothies, mixing batters and so on, this is the best choice for you. This COSORI model has extremely sharp blades and a powerful motor, which makes it a strong, durable blender.