Top 5 Best French Fry Cutters 2020:
- Sopito Professional French Fry Cutter
- Weston Products French Fry Cutter
- New Star Foodservice 38408 French Fry Cutter
- TMS Potato French Fry Cutter
- LEM Products Commercial French Fry Cutter
Let us all admit something before we start: We all love to eat French fries, and we eat them all the time!
We know that French fries are not that healthy, but they are a delicacy that people have been (and will be) enjoying for decades. When you take one, you will grab another one, and you’ll inevitably end up eating at least a handful of them.
Modern families made French fries a part of almost all family gatherings too. We think there is not a single person on this planet that has not at least tasted them.
The recipe is simple enough, so even kids can manage to prepare them on their own. All you need are potatoes and some salt. However, cutting the potatoes into uniform pieces can be tricky. For that reason, there are numerous French fry cutters available on the market. How to choose the best one?
We have a simple buying guide you should follow, and a few suggestions too. Make sure you read it all out before you choose the one for your kitchen.
The best French fry cutter will enable you to prepare your homemade fries that are sure to be a lot healthier than the ones you can buy in fast food restaurants.
When you purchase the fries, you have no idea where they came from or how they were made. Sometimes they even contain added chemicals and preservatives that can damage your health.
Are you already craving for some potato goodness?
We bet you are, so let’s get started. The sooner we start, the sooner you’ll be able to munch delicious French fries without the chemicals-related worries.
5 Best French Fry Cutters In 2020: Detailed Reviews
1. New Star Foodservice 38408 French Fry Cutter – Commercial grade cutter with multiple blades
For the big opening of our top five list, we have chosen quite a big French fry cutter as well. New Star Foodservice 38408 French fry cutter is a serious commercial grade heavy-duty machine you are sure to use for quite some time. It has no plastic components whatsoever. It features a rust-proof powder-coated cast iron body while its rod handle is made from stainless steel.
No matter how long or hard your potatoes are, this French fry cutter combo set will soon turn them into your favourite food. It can cut sweet potatoes, carrots, green bell peppers, celery, onions, and tomatoes too.
Being made from rust-proof materials, it is easy to clean as well. Unfortunately, it is not dishwasher safe. It comes with three different blades (size ¼, ½, and ⅜) and a push block.
You should not have any trouble using this cutter as all you need to do is place the potato between the blade frame and the pusher block and swiftly pull the handle towards the blade. Your fries will come perfectly cut and ready to fry.
Thanks to suction feet it is very stable and safe to use on slippery surfaces as well. It can be both table and wall-mounted, whichever you prefer. It cannot fit your drawer, so if you have limited counter space, you might want to think about where to store it.
- Can be table-mounted or wall-mounted
- Stainless steel rod handle
- Durable cast iron body
- Easy to clean
- Suction cup feet for added stability
- Not dishwasher safe
2. TMS Potato French Fry Cutter – Versatile restaurant-level fry cutter you can rely on
We are still in the big league. TMS Potato French fry cutter is yet another heavy-duty commercial grade cutter that is worthy of any restaurant. It is made from rust-resistant stainless steel of the highest quality while its lever is made from aluminum alloy steel.
Speaking of the lever handle, we must mention that it is the selling point of this unit. Why? Well, it is extra-long and thus requires minimal effort on your part to produce maximum strength and cut through the hardest potatoes, or even sweet potatoes.
The cutter comes with four interchangeable commercial blades that enable you to produce thin, thick, wedged, or shoestring fries to match your cravings at any time. The TMS Potato French Fry cutter can serve to slice fruits and veggies too. You can use it for apples, carrots, turnips, zucchini, yams, and more. It is recommended to wash the cutter by hand.
It comes in parts, so you will have to spend a little bit of effort to assemble it and mount it. The cutter is durable, but if you do break or bend something you cannot purchase replacement parts as they are not sold separately.
- Made out of high-quality stainless steels
- Rust-proof body and pusher block
- Extra-long lever
- Comes with four interchangeable blades
- Suitable for both commercial and home use
- Heavy duty
- Has to be mounted
- No replacement parts
3. Weston Products French Fry Cutter – Budget-friendly versatile fry cutter with a knife guide
If you need to keep your expenses low, you won’t regret buying the Weston Products French Fry Cutter. It costs just a portion of what you would need to pay for our two previous Top 5 list members and still does a great job of cutting both thick and thin fries (⅜ inches or ½-inch thick).
Of course, this cutter is not heavy-duty or commercial-grade, but if you need a French fry cutter for your home, it is more than suitable. Just avoid large potatoes, or simply cut them in half and you’ll be okay. Sweet potatoes are mission impossible though as they are sure to bend the blades.
Besides two cutting options we have already mentioned, this Weston Products cutter features the knife guide that enables you to dice and shorten potatoes if desired. In this way, you can have uniform fries of identical shape and length.
The unit does not require permanent mounting but still stays safely in one place thanks to its non-slip rubber feet. You will be glad to know that it is the first cutter on our list that is dishwasher safe, so you need not worry about cleaning it. Disassembly and reassembly are simple enough too so they’ll require minimal time and effort on your part.
- Versatile enough to cut through a variety of fruits and veggies
- Two blades included
- Creates even cuts
- Dishwasher safe
- A removable knife guide
- Non-slip rubber feet
- Cannot handle large potatoes or sweet potatoes.
4. LEM Products Commercial French Fry Cutter – A powerhouse all-metal body cutter with a reasonable price
The LEM Products Commercial French fry cutter is a real powerhouse that has no trouble cutting through thickest and longest potatoes or sweet potatoes without requiring too much effort on your part. The price and quality ratio of this unit is exceptional and reason enough to buy it.
This French fry cutter features an extra-durable all-metal body. It comes equipped with two different blades and can thus produce both ⅜ -inch fries and ½-inch fries. It can be easily mounted on your kitchen counter or the wall, but you can choose to rely on its suction cup feet too. They do a great job of ensuring the cutter stays in place while you do your cutting.
All the strength and power of this unit are the product of the quality of its components and its size. Unfortunately, the dimensions and weight of this unit make it quite tricky to store as it is too bulky to fit into a drawer.
This LEM Products cutter is user-friendly and takes only a few minutes to assemble. On the downside, it requires disassembly every time you want to clean it properly. You’ll need to remove some screws and nuts to get to the blade and the plate that pushes the potatoes. It is just a few minutes of your time, though.
- Superb cutting power
- Excellent price and quality ratio
- It can manage potatoes of all shapes and size as well as sweet potatoes
- User-friendly design
- Extremely sharp blades.
- All-metal design
- Sturdy and durable
- Suction cup feet
- Large & bulky and thus quite difficult to store
- Cleaning requires disassembly
5. Sopito Professional French Fry Cutter – Affordable electric French fry cutter for home and commercial use
If you want ultimate convenience, you cannot go wrong with Sopito Professional French fry cutter. This is the one and only electric potato cutter on our Top 5 list, and it is capable of cutting through quite a few potatoes in a matter of minutes, with no effort on your part. Of course, you’ll need to do the peeling part on your own.
This Sopito cutter can quickly cut through potatoes of all sizes. Large capacity eliminates the need to quarter or half cut the potatoes. The cutter can manage sweet potatoes and other veggies and fruit as well.
Blades are incredibly durable and sharp as they are made from high-quality stainless steel resistant to rust. Chances that these blades will bend or dull any time soon are minimal, if existent. The machine comes with a ½ inch size blade, but you can purchase the Sopito ⅜ inch blade separately too.
We wish that the cleaning process could be a bit less demanding. Namely, you need to disassemble the cutter to get to the blades and clean them properly. On the brighter note, if you are not satisfied with the machine or something goes wrong, you can rely on a 100% money-back guarantee.
- Unique electric cutter
- Manages potatoes of all sizes and sweet potatoes alike
- Extra-durable and sharp blades
- Made of food-grade stainless steel
- Amazon Trustworthy Brand’s warranty
- 100% money back without any hassle
- Comes with a single blade, you can purchase additional blades separately
- Hard to clean
What To Consider Before Buying Your First French Fry Cutter?
We have decided to write an easy to follow and friendly reminder of all the things you need to consider before you make your decision and rush out on a shopping spree. If you read it carefully, you’ll be making your own fresh cut potato fries in no time at all.
So, let us help you find the best suitable French fry cutter for you. For a start, here is the list of things you need to pay close attention too:
1. Ease Of Usage And Safety
- Handy tools, such as French fry cutters, are made to make our lives easier and finish our daily tasks faster and better. But the best among them makes us safer as well.
- Safety is especially important when it comes to gadgets that can hurt you, such as potato cutters. Therefore, the best French fry cutter has to be well-made and safe to use. If it is easy to use, you’ll be more likely to use it properly and avoid any risk of being hurt in the first place. Multipurpose and versatility
- Most French fry cutters do only what they are intended to do – cut potatoes. However, it is a bonus if you can use them on other vegetables such as sweet potatoes, apples, carrots, or zucchini. There is usually little if any difference in price, so ask around if the cutter you plan to buy is multifunctional or not. See Also: The Best Vegetable Choppers
- If you want your cutter to last and be able to enjoy fries for a long time, make sure that you buy the one made from high-quality materials that can withstand constant use and abuse. There are many French fry cutters made from flimsy plastic or blades that cannot cut through a firm potato – as such they are useless and will only add clutter in your kitchen. You want a sturdy cutter that is strong enough to do the job for years to come.
4. Non-slip Bottom
- The best French fry cutters have a non-slip bottom or suction feet that keep them in one place. This feature increases safety but also makes the cutter easier to use.
5. Value For Money
- No matter what you are buying, the ultimate goal is to have your money’s worth. However, affordable does not equal garbage, nor does it always mean better. Rely on honest reviews (such as those in our buying guide 🙂 ), or opt for products that come with a guarantee and reliable customer support.
There are three types of French fry cutters, and those are:
- Standard: These cutters are by definition manual and made from plastic and stainless steel blades. They feature a lever mechanism, so you need to rely on your arm strength and push potatoes through the blades. If you are successful, you will get uniform french fry shapes.
- Commercial-grade: These French fry cutters utilize the same lever mechanism but are far more heavy-duty than their standard counterparts. Instead of plastic, they are usually made entirely from stainless steel.
- Automatic: Automatic French fry cutters will do all the difficult work instead of you. You simply place the potatoes inside and turn the machine on. They are ideal for making large batches at once, but be prepared for a high price tag.
- Blades need to be sharp and efficient. They should also be rust-resistant. However, you can go a step further. Namely, some models have replaceable blades and come with different styles and shapes of blades that serve to make different french fries. As a result, you can enjoy straight cut, shoestring, and wedge fries. If you want to have this option open, buy a French fry cutter that comes with multiple blades.
- The best fry cutter needs to be small enough to be stored in a drawer or your kitchen cabinet when you are not using it. Manual cutters are usually smaller and thus easier to store as well. Automatic cutters, on the other hand, feature electronic components that require more space and often have the hardware to mount them to the counter.
- A quality French fry cutter must be easy to clean. Therefore, look for a model with removable blades and components you can easily take apart when you need to clean them. Besides being rust-resistant, the best fry cutter should be dishwasher-safe too. Do mind, though, that if you want to prolong the life of your cutter, you should best stick to handwashing.
It is now time to make up your mind and decide which is the best French fry cutter for your home. Although there are not many options to choose from, and you cannot make a mistake by choosing any cutter on our Top 5 list, we will still narrow your choices a bit more.
For us, the overall winner is the Sopito Professional French Fry Cutter. After all, we live in the era of technical wonders, so why would we have to cut our potatoes manually?
If you are on a low budget, have a limited kitchen space, or plan to use the cutter only occasionally, buy the Weston Products French Fry Cutter and save your money for something else. It will do a great job!