Top 5 Best Fat Separators 2020:
- Vondior Fat Separator With Bottom Release
- DYEY Oil Fat Separator Bowl Stainless Steel Bowl with Handle
- VEBO Best 4 Cups Gravy Separator and Fat Separator
- Simax Glassware Glass Fat Separator
- IVYONE 4 Cups Fat Separator with Bottom Release
An essential part of making perfect sauces and gravies is removing the fat. Trying to remove the fat is usually a tiring process that takes a lot of time and effort.
Luckily, there is a useful kitchen tool that can do this for you efficiently in just a few seconds – a fat separator!
A fat separator is a handy and innovative device that will save you a lot of time and trouble. You can use it to make the most delicious soups, sauces, stews, gravies and even remove the pulp from fruit juices.
Not only does a fat separator give you a hassle-free cooking experience, but it also helps you to improve your diet and eat healthier. If you often consume high-fat food, it can lead to a lot of dangerous diseases, like obesity and various heart conditions. With a fat separator, you can now easily enjoy healthy, low-fat meals every day!
There are many models you can choose from, so to help you, we’ve decided to make this list of best fat separators out there. If you’re interested in finding out more, keep on reading!
5 Best Fat Separators In 2020: Detailed Reviews
1. Vondior Fat Separator With Bottom Release – Best Overall
One of the best fat separators on the market is this one by Vondior. It offers both high-quality and high-performance and it comes at a reasonable price.
Vondior fat separator is made of BPA-free plastic which is resistant to heat and completely safe to use with food. The plastic is also leak-free and clear, which makes it very easy for you to track the separated liquids. It’s crucial that plastic fat separators don’t contain any toxic chemicals that can get released when in contact with hot liquids.
This spoutless fat separator also has a plastic filter lid and a silicone drip plug for releasing liquids. The bottom part has measurements in both metric and imperial systems.
This is a multipurpose fat separator that works with both hot and cold liquids. You can now effortlessly separate fat from the liquid when making gravy, soups, stews, sauces and even remove the pulp from fruit juices.
It’s also very easy to use. All you need to do is press the red button on the handle and the fluid will drip without containing any unwanted clumps, fat, chunky pieces or pulp. The bottom part is a bit harder to clean but the top part is dishwasher safe.
With Vondior fat separator, you get a peeler with a stainless steel blade and an ergonomic handle. The peeler peels, shaves, and slices food fast and efficiently.
- Works with hot and cold liquids
- Made of BPA-free heat resistant plastic
- It may be a bit hard to clean manually
2. VEBO Best 4 Cups Gravy Separator and Fat Separator – Budget-Friendly Option
VEBO fat separator is a highly-functional kitchen tool that will help you make healthier soups and sauces with no trouble. It is a 4 cup container that works with both hot and cold fluids!
The material used to make this fat separator is high-quality plastic that’s BPA-free. The entire separator is resistant to heat which is a crucial feature of a good fat separator. The bottom part has measurements and it’s made of clear plastic so you can track the separated liquids.
VEBO fat separator was cleverly designed to be convenient and comfortable to use. It has an easy drip feature which separates liquid from fat easily and effortlessly. The liquid is released from the bottom of the separator and it is controlled by the silicone plug.
You can use this fat separator for both hot and cold liquids. It is perfect for gravies, sauces, stews, soups and even more. If you prefer pulp-free fruit juices, with VEBO fat separator, you can now have delicious juices without any pulp
It is also easy to use and clean. You can disassemble the entire device in a few simple steps, and the top part is dishwasher safe. It is recommended to wash other parts manually to avoid any possible damages caused by a dishwasher.
Overall, it is a functional and handy kitchen tool that will not disappoint you!
- Simple and convenient design
- Made of BPA-free plastic
- All parts are heat resistant
- Works with hot and cold liquids
- Might be prone to leaking
3. DYEY Oil Fat Separator Bowl Stainless Steel Bowl with Handle – Premium Stainless Steel Quality
Plastic separators are amazing if they are made of heat resistant and food-grade plastic, but if you’re a fan of more traditional and classic kitchen tools like those made of stainless steel, you will love this DYEY fat separator.
DYEY created this fat separator with 304 stainless steel. The stainless steel used for kitchen appliances is sturdy, highly durable and resistant to corrosion and rust. The classic and simple silver design will fit with the rest of your metal kitchen tools collection. The smooth and shiny surface is made with Polishing Technology which means it is very easy to clean and dry, and it doesn’t stain.
With the dimensions of 12.6 x 3.9 x 3.1 inches, it is perfect for gravies, sauces, and soups. The clever two-way outlet design separates liquid from fat efficiently with minimum effort. One outlet is designed to release liquids like soup without any fat and the other one is made for oils and fats.
Although it’s made of stainless steel, this device is very lightweight. It weighs only 0.32 ounces so even when it’s full it will not be heavy to lift. It also features a large, ergonomic handle that gives you a comfortable, firm grip and full control. The handle is big enough so your hand never touches the jar, which eliminates the possibilities of getting hurt.
- Premium 304 food-grade stainless steel
- Two-outlet design
- Polishing Technology for easy cleaning
- Large, ergonomic handle
- It might be prone to some leaking
4. Simax Glassware Glass Fat Separator – Hassle-Free Fat Separator
Although fat separators made of glass have the most elegant and stylish design, they are delicate and require a little bit more attention and special care compared to plastic and stainless steel separators.
If you don’t mind being extra careful, you will not be disappointed with this Simax Glassware fat separator. Simax is a brand known for making high-quality glass products, and this one is no exception.
This fat separator is made of borosilicate glass which is safe to use with hot liquids. The glass is also lead-free and doesn’t contain any toxic chemicals that could be released into the hot liquids.
Simax glass fat separator is designed for mess-free pouring with a small, thin and sharply-defined tapered spout that makes sure that the juices go where you want them to go. It has the capacity of 32 ounces so it’s perfect for gravies, stocks, and broth.
This fat separator also features an extra-large handle that offers a firm grip and makes sure your hand never touches the glass jar. It also has measurement markings that are easy to read and will not fade in from washing. Cleaning is also very easy since you can safely put it in a dishwasher!
Overall, it is an amazing fat separator made of premium glass, just store it carefully so it doesn’t break!
- High-quality glass without toxic chemical
- Safe to use with hot liquids
- Large capacity
- Ergonomic handle
- Dishwasher safe
- The glass is quite delicate
5. IVYONE 4 Cups Fat Separator with Bottom Release – Not To Be Missed
Most fat separators are similarly designed with a few small differences. They usually have a bottom release mechanism like this one does, which is proven to be very efficient.
This IVYONE fat separator is made of Tritan which is high-quality, see-through and heat-resistant material. It also has a filter lid made of plastic. It is a spoutless fat separator with a silicone drip plug that releases liquids.
The bottom part is clear and it has measurements engraved so you can easily track the separated liquids. It has a capacity of four cups or one liter, which is pretty standard for a fat separator of this kind.
IVYONE fat separator is perfect to use for soups, stews, sauces, and gravies. It was designed to work quickly and efficiently. The top lid strainer helps to easily remove debris and large chunks of food while liquids are released from the bottom.
It also features a large, easy-to-grip handle that is non-slip and sits comfortably in your hand. The clever and easy thumb release helps you control the level of the liquids so you can always tell exactly how much is being poured.
Not only is this fat separator easy to use, but it’s also very easy to clean. You can disassemble it in a few steps, put the top part in the dishwasher and wash the rest by hand.
- Made of premium, see-through, heat-resistant material
- Works quickly and efficiently
- Easy-to-grip handle
- Easily disassembled and cleaned
- The handle might be a little slippery
Why Should You Use A Fat Separator?
When you often eat foods that are high in fat, your body fat levels go up. High body fat puts you at a high risk of many serious diseases, like heart conditions and diabetes. A fat separator is a clever and helpful tool that will help you stay healthy by reducing fat intake.
Not only will it help with your health, but it will also make cooking easier because it allows you to customize your sauces, gravies, broth, and soups as desired, and it saves you a lot of time and energy!
All in all, fat separator is a useful and handy kitchen tool that will help you eat healthier food. It is inexpensive and durable, so you can be sure it’ll last you a long time and you’ll get the most use out of it.
Things To Consider Before You Buy A Fat Separator
There are many fat separators available on the market, and before you choose which one to buy, it’s important to think about some key factors that will help you make the best and smartest decision.
1. Heat Resistance
- Possibly the most important feature of a good separator is heat resistance. It is crucial that you choose a fat separator that will not crack or buckle when hot liquids are poured in it.
- Furthermore, heat must not be transferred to the handle because this will make it difficult and unsafe to hold.
The most common materials for fat separators are plastic, stainless steel, and glass.
- Plastic fat separators are the most affordable and they allow you to easily keep track of the separated liquids. However, if you choose to buy a plastic fat separator, make sure it’s BPA-free and resistant to heat.
- Compared to plastic fat separators, those made of glass cost more. They are very easy to use and clean but they are more fragile than plastic which means they require proper handling and storage. Glass may break easily, so if you’re careless in handling delicate items or you simply don’t want to pay extra attention, we recommend that you buy a plastic or stainless steel fat separator.
- The best choice when it comes to material for fat separators is stainless steel. Compared to plastic and glass, it’s stronger and more durable. It doesn’t require any special care, it’s resistant to heat and rust and it will last a long time.
3. Handle Design
- When you’re separating high-fat fluids, your hands will probably get greasy. This is why the handle design is very important. When you touch the handle with greasy hands, it will become oily. A good fat separator should have a handle that has non-slip features, so you’re able to manage the whole process safely and smoothly.
- Furthermore, the position of the handle is also important. When handling hot liquids, if the handle is not well-positioned, you can easily burn your hands. Make sure that the handle of the model you choose has enough space so your hand never touches the jar.
4. Jar Design
- The design of the jar should be simple and convenient. A good fat separator should have a jar that’s clearly marked with visible metrics. It’s also good when the opening is wide enough for you to pour liquids easily and without spilling.
5. Strainer Size
- The size of the strainer will determine your whole experience with a fat separator. Small strainers accommodate smaller quantities and they are usually harder and more complicated to use. Large strainers are much simpler to use. So, for a better experience, make sure to choose a larger strainer.
- It is also important that the strainer is easily removed so that you can empty any big food pieces that may get clogged.
Final Thoughts And Recommendations
There are many fat separators available, from affordable plastic ones to a bit more expensive glass and metal ones. In this list, we’ve included all of them, so you can make a good decision and choose the one which suits your needs the best.
After careful consideration, we can say that these are our top recommendations.
Best Overall: Vondior Fat Separator With Bottom Release
- Vondior fat separator is one of the best on the market. It works quickly and efficiently with soups, sauces, stews, gravies, and even fruit juices. It’s made of BPA-free and heat-resistant plastic and it comes at a reasonable price!
Premium Choice: DYEY Oil Fat Separator Bowl Stainless Steel Bowl with Handle
- With elegant design and high-performance, this stainless steel fat separator will go the distance. It is made of durable and rust-resistant 304 stainless steel with Polishing Technology for a shiny surface that’s easy to clean. It’s very efficient in separating fat and it works the best for gravies, sauces, and soups!
Best Budget-Friendly: VEBO Best 4 Cups Gravy Separator and Fat Separator
- VEBO fat separator was designed to work with both hot and cold liquids in a highly-functional and efficient way. It is made of heat-resistant BPA-free plastic and it’s easy to use and clean. On top of all this, it has a very affordable price!