Top 5 Best Electric Knives 2020:
- Cuisinart CEK-40 Electric Knife
- Black+Decker EK500B
- Waring Commercial WEK200
- Rapala Lithium Ion Cordless Fillet Knife Combo
- Proctor Silex Easy Slice
Having trouble making perfect cuts of meat or vegetables?
Your hand gets easily fatigued when using a knife?
There is a solution to your problem. We’re talking about electric knives. These devices have been around for ages and have become a staple of a modern kitchen.
Most of us have fond memories of one of our family members using an electric knife to carve the turkey for Thanksgiving. You surely remember how quickly and easily it was able to go through a turkey. However, its usefulness extends far beyond just cutting the turkey.
The best electric knife will allow you to clean fish in a matter of minutes. Not just that, it’ll also make deboning and cutting meat a piece of cake.
What’s more, since electric knives can also be battery-powered, they can make food prepping while out in the wild easy and fast.
Unfortunately, the market is full of electric knives that’ll break after just a couple of months. This is why we’ve decided to compile this article. Today you will learn all about the best electric knives you can buy.
And if you end up disagreeing with our top picks, you can check out our buyer’s guide that’ll help you find the best model for your needs.
Related: The Best Electric Fillet Knives
5 Best Electric Knives In 2020: Detailed Reviews
Here you can find our five top picks for the best electric knife. We made sure to include both corded and battery-powered models so you get a better picture of what’s the market like.
1. Cuisinart CEK-40 Electric Knife – Editor’s Choice
Cuisinart is one of the most well-known manufacturers of kitchenware in the world. This is why it’s no surprise that one of their products made it to the top of our list.
The Cuisinart CEK-40 Electric Knife won’t just help you make perfect slices of heavy wheat and rye bread, it’ll also help you cut and carve meat with ease!
This electric knife comes with two blades. One blade is for cutting bread, while the other is used for carving meat. Both blades are made out of high-quality stainless steel. This means that they’re not only incredibly sharp but that they’re also easy to clean.
The handle features an ergonomic design that ensures you won’t get tired no matter how long you use the knife. The handle is designed to lie in your hand like a pistol handle. What’s more, the switch is quite similar to a trigger on the gun. This ensures you have full control over your cuts without having to worry about your hand cramping up after 3 minutes.
That’s not all. CEK-40 also comes with a wooden block that holds the main body of the knife and the blades. On top of that, you can use this block to cut bread. See Also: The Best Knife Blocks
- Easy to use
- Easy to clean
- Comes with two blades
- Ergonomic handle
- Absolutely none
2. Black+Decker EK500B – Runner Up
Black+Decker is well known amongst handymen for their excellent power tools. However, not many people know that this company manufactures excellent kitchen appliances. The EK500B electric knife is no exception. This nifty little tool will help you cut through anything with ease!
Just like our first pick, this electric knife comes with two different 9-inch blades. One blade is designed for cutting stuff like bread, cheese, and vegetables. The other knife will go through meat like it’s hot butter.
The blades are built out of stainless steel. This means they’re built to last. What’s more, both blades are dishwasher safe.
The handle features an ergonomic design that ensures this knife lies firmly in your hand. The switch is placed in such a way that it’s easy to reach with your index finger.
Unfortunately, since the safety is also located on the power switch, it can be a bit awkward to operate this knife.
Even with this one design flaw, this knife is still easy to use. It’s also quite powerful and versatile. You won’t have any issues cutting through bread, meat, and even crafting foam.
And on top of all this, this electric knife is incredibly affordable.
- Sharp and sturdy blades
- Easy to use and maintain
- Ergonomic design
- Incredibly affordable
- The safety switch is awkward to operate
3. Waring Commercial WEK200 – Best Cordless Electric Knife
Like going out camping and need an electric knife that’ll help you prep food quickly?
Are you a handyman that’s looking for a tool that’ll help you cut through foam or other soft craft materials?
If the answer to any of the above questions was yes, then you might be interested in the Waring Commercial WEK200 electric knife. Even though it’s battery-powered, this device will make quick work of anything you cut with it.
Unlike other electric knives in this list, this knife comes with three blades. You get the standard bread-cutting blade and a blade for cutting meat. However, you also get a carving blade you can use to carve meat, fruits, and even craft materials.
The blades are built out of high-quality steel and are dishwasher safe, ensuring there’s minimal maintenance required.
Even though the manufacturer didn’t specify how powerful the battery is. We can, with confidence, say it will last for more than 3 hours before you have to recharge it. Thankfully, this electric knife comes with a quick charging feature, so you won’t have this device out of the game for too long.
And, on top of all this, it also comes in a heavy-duty carrying case. This case will protect the device from any harm, and it also looks really cool.
The only thing we don’t like about this electric knife is the ergonomics. The handle is quite thin, and if you have big hands they’ll start cramping up after a short while
- Extremely durable
- Comes with three blades
- Quick-charging feature
- Heavy-duty carrying case
- Not very ergonomic
4. Rapala Lithium Ion Cordless Fillet Knife Combo – Best For Cutting FIsh
Do you love making delicious fish dishes but have trouble filleting it? Don’t worry, this knife from Rapala will help you make perfect fish fillets in a matter of minutes! And since it’s battery-powered, this electric knife is ideal for camping and RV trips.
Rapala Fillet Knife Combo comes with two blades that are both designed for filleting fish. Of course, you can use them to cut foods like bread, cheese, and fruits. However, they truly shine when you use them to fillet fish or chicken breasts.
Both blades are built out of stainless steel and are dishwasher safe. This means you won’t have to worry about maintenance. Just chuck the blades into the dishwasher and forget about them!
The handle is incredibly ergonomic. It features finger grooves that don’t just make holding the device less fatiguing, but also ensures you have a firm grip. And to provide maximum comfort, the power button is located right where your index finger is when you grip the handle.
The lithium-ion battery can hold up to 80 minutes of power, which is more than enough for most cutting jobs. Unfortunately, it takes almost two hours to charge it, which is why we recommend you charge it back up as soon as you’re finished with the knife.
- Excellent for making fillets
- Stainless steel blades
- Two-hour charging time
5. Proctor Silex Easy Slice – Most Affordable Electric Knife
We conclude our list with one of the most affordable electric knives on the market. The Proctor Silex Easy Slice won’t burn a hole in your wallet, but it will still provide you with all the cutting power you need. Let’s go more in-depth!
This electric knife comes with only one blade. This is reasonable when you consider how cheap this device is. Thankfully, the blade is built though and is incredibly sharp. You won’t have any issues cutting through meat, poultry, ham, and even craft materials like foam. The blade is, of course, dishwasher safe for easy maintenance.
The handle features an ergonomic shape. However, it’s very bulky. Even if you have really big hands you will have trouble comfortably gripping the handle. To make things worse, you need to squeeze the safety switch with your thumb before you can use the power switch. Unless, you’re a giant, you’ll have trouble powering this knife with just one hand.
Even with its drawbacks this electric knife is sturdily built and will last you for years. Combine that with affordable pricing and you have a product with excellent value for the buck.
- Incredibly affordable
- Durable and sharp blade
- Easy to maintain
- The handle is too big
What Is An Electric Knife And Why Should You Buy One?
Everyone should have an electric knife in their kitchen.
An electric knife works much better than a standard kitchen knife because it does most of the work for you.
When using a traditional kitchen knife, your hand movements determine the movement of the blade. So, even the slightest change in the angle will have a significant effect on the direction of the blade. This is why you sometimes start with a thin slice of meat but end up with a huge chunk instead.
With an electric knife, there are no such problems.
Electric knives provide a high level of accuracy when slicing, cutting, and even carving joints out of the meat. The blade of an electric knife does almost all of the work for you.
Electric knife’s blade moves forwards and backward, and the only thing you need to do is guide the knife in the direction you want. It basically has two blades that move in opposite directions, but they join together, ensuring one precise and fine cut.
The blades are locked in the handle, where the blade controls and safety switch are placed. Besides the controls and safety switch, some electric knives also have speed controls.
An electric knife gives you more control and reduces the chance of unwanted movements while cutting and slicing.
Another great thing about an electric knife is that you don’t need to apply pressure when slicing. This means that you won’t get fatigued in your hand and that the whole process of food preparation will consume less time.
With an electric knife, you’ll get much better results with less time and energy wasted.
5 Factors You Need To Consider When Buying An Electric Knife
Before you choose the best electric knife for your kitchen, here are 5 factors you need to consider before making the final purchase.
1. Blade Material
The blade does most of the work. So, it’s the first thing you will need to think about when buying.
- Choosing the right blade material is not rocket science, because it’s very easy to determine whether the blade material is right or not.
- We are sure you are looking for a blade that is strong enough to withstand any given task it the kitchen, while also providing quality and durability.
- Most electric knives have blades made from stainless steel, and that is just what you should look for. Stainless steel is known to be a durable and robust material. This is why steel blades have the perfect sharpness.
2. Blade Replacement
When it comes to blade replacement, there are two options, a single blade for all purposes, or different blades for different purposes.
- If you aren’t a professional and need an electric knife to make food preparation easier, we recommend getting a model that comes with an all-purpose blade. It will get all tasks perfectly done.
- We recommend you get an electric knife with a long enough blade. A longer blade will cut through everything without missing any sections.
- If you think that you’ll need an electric knife that comes with more than one blade, go for it. Only you know what will best fit in with your cooking style. Many electric knives come with more blades for specific purposes, so you won’t have a problem finding the perfect one for your kitchen.
3. Handle Design And Material
Since you control the knife with your hand, another crucial factor you should consider is the handle.
- Firstly, the handle should be made from a lightweight and durable material that is easy to clean. Such a handle won’t cause fatigue in your hand, and you can be sure that there are no areas where food can get stuck.
- When it comes to the design, the handle should provide comfort in your hand. We recommend an electric knife with an ergonomically designed handle. It would also be useful to try it out first to determine if it fits nicely in your hand.
- Electric knives have control, power, and sometimes even speed buttons on the handle. So, when buying one, you need to be sure that all the buttons are easy to reach.
- Also, make sure that the buttons are placed in a way that allows you to use the knife with both hands. This is especially important if you are left-handed. Some electric knives have buttons that are placed correctly, but just for right-handers.
4. Cord Length
- The cord length varies between different models of electric knives. The cord should be long enough so that you can easily reach everything on the kitchen counter without needing an extension cable.
- We are sure you don’t want to slice the meat on the floor near the electric outlet, so be sure you get a long enough cable.
- If you don’t like the idea of your electric knife always being plugged in, you can get a battery-powered model. But, always be sure that the battery is fully charged before you start with food preparation.
5. Accessories And Features
- Before you buy an electric knife, make sure it has a safety switch. The chance of accidents in the kitchen is reduced with an electric knife, but they are not completely eliminated.
- We recommend you get an electric knife that has safety locks that prevent the blades from slipping out of the handle, as well as automatic cut off switches.
- The speed of the electric knife ensures that any given task is quickly done. If you would like to manage how fast the electric knife oscillates, some models on the market come with a speed regulation button. With such a knife, you’ll be able to set up the right speed for the specific tasks you need.
- We also recommend you get an electric knife that comes with a storage box that keeps the blades safe when not in use. This will help keep the blades longer sharp and intact.
If you’re looking for a more affordable electric knife that’s just as good as the CEK-40, we recommend checking out Black+Decker EK500B. This device comes with two incredibly sharp blades, and is almost as ergonomic as our first pick.
If you need an electric knife when on the go, we recommend picking up the Waring Commercial WEK200. Not only does it come with a massive battery,but is also powerful enough to cut through anything you throw at it.