Top 5 Best Electric Griddles 2020:
- Cuisinart GR-4N 5-in-1 Griddler
- Zojirushi EA-DCC10 Electric Griddle
- BELLA (14606) Non-Stick Electric Griddle
- Presto Tilt ‘n Drain Electric Griddle
- Presto 07211 Liddle Griddle
Wouldn’t you want to make pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage, and toast at the same time and on the same surface?
We know we would! That’s why we have spent quite a lot of time searching and testing out multiple types of electric griddles to single out the best ones on the market!
Now, we understand how preparing breakfast in the morning can be difficult, especially if you are the one in charge of feeding the whole family or are often late to work. For this reason, we think that the solution lies in buying the electric griddle.
These multipurpose appliances will make the cooking experience much less complicated and messy. Electric griddles have a large flat surface that can quickly and evenly cook a lot of different food. What’s more, they can be plugged in any wall socket and free you of the mess that stovetops make. On top of that, a large, non-sticking surface allows you to easily flip your food, and you don’t need a large amount of oil.
Perhaps you’ve already decided to buy it, but you don’t know where to look yet. Well, sit back and relax, because we have just made this experience a whole lot easier! We’ve very proud to say we have found the 5 best electric griddles on the market, and we are burning with impatience for you to try those. Also, we provided some guidelines on what to consider before buying one, so stay tuned.
5 Best Electric Griddles In 2020: Detailed Reviews
1. Cuisinart GR-4N 5-in-1 Griddler – Best Overall
We tested many electric griddles, and the one that got our attention and deserved first place is Cuisinart 5-in-1 Griddler! This Cuisinart multipurpose griddle is capable of griddling, grilling, contact grilling, panini pressing, and both grilling and griddling at the same time!
This powerful machine works on 1500 watts, and you can easily adjust the temperature on temperature knobs, and it even has temperature-ready light. It heats pretty evenly, but we noticed some inconsistent heating, and we had to adjust the temperature occasionally during the cooking, which is a bit of a downside.
The unit is 14 inches long, 12 inches wide, 7 inches high, and weighs 8 pounds. It is compact when you close it and fits in the countertop perfectly. However, we find the cooking surface a bit small, even when it’s opened. Nevertheless, all of the insert pans are coated with Teflon and are non-stick!
The body of the griddle is made of stainless steel, and it has a sturdy handle that holds one side horizontal when opened, but that side doesn’t lie completely flat. When we tried to cook the eggs, they slid slightly towards the drip tray.
Lastly, it comes with a big drip tray and multiple cooking plates that you can easily remove and clean in the dishwasher or by hand.
- Easy to use and adjust
- Non-stick surface
- Cooks evenly
- Compact when closed
- Dishwasher safe
- Doesn’t lie flat
- Cooking surface not big enough
- Inconsistent heating
2. Zojirushi EA-DCC10 Electric Griddle – Our Premium Pick
Now it is time to meet our runner up – Zojirushi electric griddle! This is a high-end model and a very reliable product that we recommend buying if you are not on a limited budget.
This unit is 24 inches long and 15 inches wide, 4,5 inches high, and weighs almost 14 pounds! Although it has a huge cooking area, these dimensions make it very hard to store and clean.
The cooking surface is made of ceramic and enhanced with titanium, and the food doesn’t stick to it. It heats up fast and cooks evenly because of its consistent heating. This model also includes a lid for fast cooking and steaming, and it also prevents the oil splatter, hence less mess afterward!
The power of the griddle is 1350 watts, and it has an adjustable temperature knob up to 425 ºF. Also, the keep-warm feature is included, and it will keep the temperature at 176 ºF, and you can easily adjust it on the temperature knob.
However, this model doesn’t have a grease catcher and a drip tray which makes it a lot harder to clean. But don’t worry, you can disassemble the body of the griddle and fully immerse it in the water or put it in the dishwasher. Another great thing is that this model includes a metal spatula. Although, be careful not to scratch the coating surface with it.
- Large size cooking area
- Heats up fast
- Non-stick surface
- Includes lid
- Dishwasher safe
- Consistent heating
- No grease catcher and drip tray
- Too heavy and not compact
- It’s expensive
3. BELLA (14606) Non-Stick Electric Griddle – Budget-Friendly Choice
One of the most affordable models that we’ve found so far is BELLA electric griddle. We just had to include it on our list, because it is incredibly efficient and straightforward to use!
This unit features a 1500 watt heating system which heats up very fast! The handles stay cool to the touch, and you can easily adjust the temperature on the temperature knob. We quickly flipped our eggs and toast because this model features a base with a built-in ledge!
Although the temperature control could be better because even with a warm setting, your food could still easily burn. Moreover, it doesn’t automatically maintain the temperature, and you have to adjust it continually.
The Keep Warm feature will heat your meals or plates, but don’t rely entirely on it because even on the lowest setting, the temperature is still a little bit too high.
The base materials are plastic and metal, while the cooking surface is made of titanium and ceramic, hence the light brown color. Everything just glides out of this pan because it is non-stick! However, we noticed the uneven heat distribution, which is a bit of a drawback.
Nevertheless, it measures 23 inches in length, 12 inches in width, 3 inches in height, and it weighs almost 4 pounds, which makes this griddle easy to store and transfer. Also, it is convenient to clean because you can just wipe the iron surface and wash the drip tray.
- Heats up fast
- Easy to clean
- Non-stick surface
- Keep warm feature
- Uneven heat distribution
- Slightly short cable
- Temperature control could be better
4. Presto Tilt ‘n Drain Electric Griddle – Amongst The Top Rated
One of the best sellers and top-rated models on the market is this Presto Tilt ‘n Drain electric griddle.
The cooking surface on this griddle is large and made of dense aluminum surface, which is non-stick. This griddle operates on 1500 watts, and you can adjust the temperature with the temperature knob. It also maintains the desired cooking temperature automatically!
We made some pancakes on this griddle, and during the cooking process, we noticed that the sides of the pancakes are not evenly cooked. Because of the uneven heat distribution, it is best to move your food around the plot during cooking.
With the tilt option, you can adjust the cooking surface’s angle for different kinds of food. For example, we made pancakes on the flat surface and the eggs and bacon on a slightly tilted surface. This option is also great because the excess fat is quickly drained off in the drip tray, which you can easily remove and clean.
The downside of this drip tray is that if you are making a large number of greasy foods such as steak or bacon, you will occasionally need to empty the drip tray. However, the griddle is entirely immersible when you remove the heat control.
The size of this griddle is 23 inches in length, 18 in width, 4 inches in height, and it weighs 7 pounds, which makes it a little difficult to store and clean.
- Aluminum non-stick base
- Tilt and drain feature
- Generous capacity
- Water safe
- Small drip pan
- Hard to store
- Uneven heating
5. Presto 07211 Liddle Griddle – Best Compact Electric Griddle
This Presto Liddle Griddle is amongst the best compact electric griddles currently on the market. This unit is ideal for small families or for one person!
The body of this griddle is made of plastic and metal materials, and the cooking surface is made of aluminum, and it is non-stick. During the testing process, we noticed that it heats evenly, which is a significant factor. Although, you should not use metal instruments as they can scratch and peel the coating surface.
This unit is very lightweight as it weighs less than 2 pounds! It is 14,5 inches long, 11 inches wide and 3 inches high, making it very compact and easy to store. However, it has a small capacity, which won’t suit you if you have a big family and don’t want to cook a lot of food in small batches.
The power of this electric griddle is 1000 watts, and you can regulate temperature by temperature knob. This griddle automatically maintains temperature from slightly warm up to 400 ºF. It heats and cools faster than the other griddles because of its small size.
There is a drip tray that catches the excess fat, but its downside is that it is not removable. Moreover, you have to wait for the unit to cool off, and some of the fats will set, making it tough to clean. The other downside of this product is that the plastic handles are not strong enough, and they can come loose or even crack at some point.
Nevertheless, this griddle is water-resistant and dishwasher-safe.
- Non-stick surface
- Compact and easy to store
- Water safe
- Heats evenly
- The drip tray isn’t removable
- Small cooking surface
- Handles can come loose
What To Consider Before Buying An Electric Griddle
- This is an essential factor in terms of storing the appliance as well as the amount of food you are preparing each time. If you are cooking for more than three people, you might want to consider buying the larger units because the smaller ones will take more time to prepare a large amount of food. However, if you’re cooking for yourself or one other person, look for a smaller appliance because you don’t want it to take too much space in the kitchen.
- The overall cost depends on the construction and characteristics of the unit. While you can find inexpensive to very expensive electric griddles, we recommend spending more money so you can have a powerful, long-lasting machine.
3. Heat Controls
- If you want to cook different kinds of food simultaneously, we recommend looking for one in which you can easily adjust different temperatures at the same time.
- “Keep warm” feature is a plus because it can warm up meals and plates, or keep your food warm while preparing something else.
- Your electric griddle can quickly turn into a grill with an insert pan. Moreover, you can even cook on the grill and griddle at the same time! Some of the griddles on the market include a few insert pans such as waffle iron, flat iron, and ridged pan for grilling. These will limit the amount of cooking equipment and won’t take too much space. We only recommend making sure that the inserts are easy to adjust and clean.
5. Tilt Capability
- The tilt designed surface will allow you to cook your favorite food in a much healthier way! It directs the fat away from the food, draining it on the tray. This is a great additional feature that you should consider when buying this appliance.
6. Even Cooking
- You should also make sure you invest in an electric griddle with a surface that distributes the heat evenly. That way, you will have perfectly cooked food without white or burned spots.
- This is something you should definitely consider before purchasing the electric griddle. The knobs, handles, lids, and covers can be made from plastic to stainless steel. On the other hand, the cooking areas may vary from aluminum base to ceramic base.
- The high-end units usually have aluminum base coats because they provide even heat distribution and are very durable. Ceramic plates have almost the same features, but the color is often much lighter.
- We all love it when our food is not sticking to the surface and can be easily flipped. That’s why we always recommend buying the electric griddle that has a non-sticking surface and it’s made of high-end materials such as aluminum and ceramic. That way, your food won’t stick to the surface or pieces to each other, and it will be much easier to clean afterward.
8. Drip Trays
- These trays are specially designed to collect excess fat. Electric griddles even have holes that collect grease into these trays. Very useful!
9. Temperature Range
- Different types of foods require different temperatures. Temperature controls can range from the high and medium to low and will allow you to cook a variety of different meals. Also, it is economical because you will save a lot of energy and time.
10. Ease Of Cleaning
- Likely, these units are very easy to clean because of the flat, non-stick surface. Moreover, the cleaning process is much faster if your griddle has a drip tray for grease. Some of the models have removable heat controls so you can put the cooking surface in the dishwasher.
Final Thoughts And Recommendations
In the end, picking the best electric griddle requires careful research and depends on your needs. Whether you are cooking for yourself or your family, these versatile appliances will make it much easier and faster. Also, you won’t have to use multiple stovetops because, with an electric griddle, you can cook different kinds of food at the same time!
We honestly hope this article was helpful and don’t forget to use the information we provided to buy the best electric griddle. Now, let us represent our favorites:
Best Overall: Cuisinart GR-4N 5-in-1 Griddler
- Unquestionably, the best model on the market that we’ve found so far is Cuisinart GR-4N Griddler! This is a 5-in-1electric griddle that comes with three different plates, and you can use both sides at once. The best part is that it is inexpensive and very easy to clean!
Our Premium Pick: Zojirushi EA-DCC10 Electric Griddle
- Zojirushi EA-DCC10 Electric Griddle surprised us with its speed and power. This model is the only one that we’ve found so far that comes with a lid, so you can also steam your food, and it’s even less messy.
Budget-Friendly Choice: BELLA (14606) Non-Stick Electric Griddle
- A very affordable yet very efficient model is this BELLA electric griddle. This unit works fast, is very easy to use, and your food won’t ever stick to the ceramic surface.