Top 5 Best Butter Dishes 2020:
- SveBake Butter Dish
- Le Creuset PG0307-1716 Heritage Stoneware Butter Dish
- Bezrat Glass Butter Dish with Lid
- My Gift Decorative Butter Dish & Knife Spreader Set
- OXO 11122400 Good Grips Butter Dish
Is there a better way to start your day than with a warm toast and fresh, spreadable butter? It sounds great, but, unfortunately, it’s not always the case.
More often than not, you have to deal with hard, refrigerated butter that just tears a hole on your toast. It’s understandable that many people don’t really care about the state of their butter, but since it’s so easy to fix it and have delicious and creamy butter every day, why not do it?
The best way to keep the butter fresh and tasty is with a butter dish. Butter dishes are not only functional, but they can also be quite stylish and a great addition to your kitchen. Whether you have a modern and elegant kitchen or a homey and traditional one, you’ll be able to find the right butter dish that will fit perfectly!
With a good butter dish, you can have fresh and delicious butter every day! The only question is how to choose the best one? We’ve decided to help you and make this list of the best butter dishes available. So, without further ado, let’s dive in!
5 Best Butter Dishes In 2020: Detailed Reviews
1. SveBake Butter Dish – Best Overall
If you’re tired of fragile, ceramic dishes and you want a butter dish that has sturdy and unbreakable construction, you’ll love this model by SveBake. This is a durable, handmade enamel butter dish that you’ll be able to use for a long time.
The design of the butter dish is at the same time vintage and contemporary. It’s a classic white butter dish with a beechwood lid. The interesting thing about the lid is that each natural beechwood lid comes with a different grain, so each dish has a unique lid. Not only is the lid unique and elegant, but it’s also highly functional because it doubles as a cutting board and a serving board.
Thanks to its universal dimensions, this butter dish can fit almost all types of butter. With 6 x 3.9 x 2.5 inches, it can fit two sticks of East Coast butter or one cube of West Coast/European butter. It’s also suitable for most butter brands, so whichever butter you like, this dish can handle it!
The enamel makes cleaning a breeze. The entire dish is non-stick so you can easily wash it with warm water and soap or put it in a dishwasher. Just keep in mind that the beechwood lid is too fragile for a dishwasher, so always make sure to wash it by hand.
- Suits most butter types and brands
- Prevents melting
- The lid is multifunctional
- Reasonable price
- The lid is not dishwasher safe
2. Bezrat Glass Butter Dish with Lid – Best Budget Choice
Bezrat Glass Butter Dish is one of the best butter dishes that comes at a reasonable price. This gorgeous dish is made of high-quality glass that is BPA free, lead-free and odor-free!
The see-through glass is also very convenient because it allows you to always see how much butter you have left. Both the plate and the lid are made of glass and the lid is quite elegant with the word “butter” engraved on it. The lid fits perfectly and it’s completely sealed so no insects or extra oxygen will get to your butter!
If you have an extravagant style, this butter dish is a great choice for you! It will look so spectacular on your table when you have guests and it will fit into every kitchen style, so you can even put it on your counter and it will look fantastic!
This butter dish is specifically crafted to be convenient and comfortable. The rectangular shape doesn’t take up unnecessary space in your fridge, and it gives you a good grip. It also has standard dimensions so it can hold any type and brand of butter!
Another good thing about the clear crystal glass is that it’s dishwasher safe, so you don’t have to worry about cleaning it, and it’s also non-stick, so there is no chance butter will ever stick to it and make a mess.
- Glass is BPA free, lead-free and odor-free
- Convenient rectangular shape
- Dishwasher safe
- Glass is more fragile than other materials
3. Le Creuset PG0307-1716 Heritage Stoneware Butter Dish – Premium Pick
Le Creuset is a premium French cookware brand. All of their products have an original design and they are all handcrafted to be unique. Not only are their dishes extremely strong and durable, but they’re also resistant to staining, chipping, and cracking!
This butter dish is a great choice if you love the traditional design and want to bring a touch of French style into your kitchen. The dish is both decorative and functional. It’s made of enamel which gives it sturdy construction resistant to scratches from metal utensils. The lid sits comfortably on the tray and it’s perfectly sealed to block absorption of odors and flavors. The enamel is 100% hygienic and safe to use with food!
This is a highly functional and versatile dish. You can store it in a fridge, but it’s also safe to put in a microwave, freezer, and oven, so you can use it to make different meals! The dimensions of the dish are 6.8 x 5 x 3.5 inches, which makes it one of the largest butter dishes available. It’s big enough to hold butter of all types and sizes, including European butter!
The beautiful Le Creuset butter dish comes in 7 colors, including blue, Caribbean, gray, white, cherry, Marseille, and flame. All of these colors are very elegant and whichever you choose, you’ll have an amazing butter dish that will last you for many years to come!
- Premium French cookware
- Safe for microwave and oven
- Extremely durable dish
- Large dimensions
- It’s expensive
4. My Gift Decorative Butter Dish & Knife Spreader Set – Classic Elegant Design
If you want to add a touch of classic elegance to your table, this beautiful, white butter dish by MyGift is a perfect choice. MyGift butter dish will be a great addition to your kitchen, especially if your style is simple and elegant.
The dish design features a lid and a curved plate and also a little holder on the side for the butter spreader. The spreader comes included, so this set can also be a great gift idea. The dimensions of the plate with the lid are 8 x 3.75 x 4 inches, which means it’s suitable for all butter types and brands. It’s also great for storing margarine.
The lid is big enough so you know it won’t ever touch the butter inside. The entire dish has a non-stick feature, so it’s very easy to clean. The lid seals nicely on the plate and it stops any harmful insects as well as odors and flavors from coming in touch with the butter. The dish is very easy to clean by hand, but you can also safely put it in the dishwasher too.
All in all, MyGift butter dish is a beautiful piece that will fit nicely into your kitchen. The design is simple and elegant and the construction is sturdy, so it’s not fragile and you don’t have to worry about accidentally breaking it. On top of that, it’s very affordable!
- Elegant design
- Big enough for all kinds of butter and margarine
- Comes with a knife spreader
- Comes in one color
5. OXO 11122400 Good Grips Butter Dish – Simple and Functional
OXO Good Grips butter dish has a simple and classic design, and it’s a great choice if you’re looking for a butter dish without an extravagant or too elegant design. This is a durable and sturdy dish made of high-quality materials so you know you’ll be able to use it for a long time.
The base of the dish is made of stainless steel, which is a premium material that’s durable and resistant to corrosion, staining, and rusting. The clear plastic lid is BPA free and it’s completely safe to use with food.
The dimensions of this dish are 7.9 x 2.6 x 2 inches. This means it quite long and big enough to suit all kinds of butter. The stainless steel will keep the butter from melting and the lid is very solid and it seals perfectly to keep all flavors and odors out.
There are also stoppers on both sides of the dish that keep the butter in place at all times. The shape of the dish is very ergonomic so it’s easy to hold it and carry it. There are also two handles on the side for more convenient carrying.
This butter dish also comes in two similar models. You will not go wrong with any of them, but we chose this one because of the benefits you get from stainless steel.
- High-quality stainless steel
- Highly functional
- Large plate
- Stoppers prevent the butter from slipping
- The lid is not very tall so it might touch the butter
What To Consider Before You Buy A Butter Dish?
Whatever product you’re buying, if you want to get the best and most out of it, you have to think about the features and types of said product, so you can make a smart decision.
It’s the same with butter dishes. It’s important to consider things like price, material, size, design and so on.
- Butter dishes come in different sizes and shapes. Most butter dishes in the US are designed to hold 1-2 American sized butter. If you don’t eat a lot of butter, go for a smaller one so it doesn’t take up a lot of space in your fridge, and if you do eat a lot of butter, there are some great large dishes. It’s always a good idea to get a bigger butter dish rather than a small one because then the lid won’t touch and smear the butter, and make a mess that you have to clean later!
- The most common materials used to make butter dishes are enamel, glass, and plastic. Enamel dishes have a sturdy construction, they are very durable, and they are usually more expensive compared to others.
- Butter dishes made of glass are classy and elegant, and they can fit into any kitchen style. The advantage of glass over enamel is that it’s see-through, so you can always see how much butter you have left. However, glass is more fragile than other materials, so it requires extra care.
- There aren’t a lot of dishes that have a plastic plate, but there are models with plastic lids. In this case, the plate is usually made of stainless steel or similar material. Stainless steel has a lot of benefits, for example, it’s durable, sturdy, and resistant to rust, stains, and corrosion.
- Also, keep in mind that not all materials are dishwasher safe, so if this feature is important to you, make sure to check whether the dish you want to buy is safe to put in a dishwasher! See Also: The Best Portable Dishwashers
- When it comes to butter dishes, there are so many amazing designs! Depending on your personal taste and preferences, you can find spectacular glass designs, simple and elegant ceramic designs, and traditional and classic designs. Butter dishes also come in a variety of colors and shapes, so we are sure you’ll be able to find the one you want!
Final Thoughts And Recommendations
Since there are a lot of options when it comes to butter dishes, how are you supposed to choose the right one? As always, it’s important to make a smart and informed decision! If you’ve read carefully our guide to the best butter dishes and how to chose one, it’s time to pick your favorite!
In the meantime, we would like to tell you about our top recommendations!
Best Choice: SveBake Butter Dish
- SveBake butter dish is suitable for most types and brands of butter. It’s made of high-quality enamel which makes it very sturdy and durable. The lid is made of beechwood and it can also be used as a cutting board and a serving board! All in all, this butter dish is a great choice!
Premium Pick: Le Creuset PG0307-1716 Heritage Stoneware Butter Dish
- Le Creuset has a long tradition of making high-quality French cookware. This butter dish is made of premium materials and it’s designed in a classic French style. The dish is sturdy and it will last you a long time. It’s also multifunctional, so you can get a lot of use out of it!
Budget-Friendly Option: Bezrat Glass Butter Dish with Lid
- If you’re on a budget or you don’t want to spend a lot of money on a butter dish, you will not go wrong with this one by Bezrat. This butter dish is made entirely out of crystal glass that’s 100% safe to use with food. The design is simple yet stylish and the plate is large enough to fit most types of butter. And, it’s affordable!