Top 5 Best Bacon Cookers 2020:
- KITCHENATICS Roasting & Baking Sheet with Cooling Rack
- Prep Solutions by Progressive Microwavable Bacon Grill
- Hamilton Beach 3-in-1 Indoor Grill and Electric Griddle and Bacon Cooker
- Original Makin Bacon Microwave Bacon Tray
- Smart Planet BNB 1BM Smart Planet Bacon Nation Bacon Master
Are you one of those people who think that bacon makes everything taste better?
If you are, you will love this article. Bacon is something like a national treasure for us. You can either love it or hate it, although we’re yet to meet the person from the latter group. We do admit some people have a love-hate relationship with bacon just because some stories are claiming that bacon is harmful. But we all know that the main key is in moderation.
We eat it in every way possible. Pancakes, waffles, bagels, burgers, mac and cheese are only a few of America’s favorite meals that need to be enhanced with some bacon flavor. Even ice cream nowadays is flavored with bacon; do we need to say more?
We share the same passion for bacon as you, so that is why we decided to spend hours looking for the best bacon cooker that will enable you to cook your bacon just the way it needs to be – crispy and delicious!
5 Best Bacon Cookers In 2020: Detailed Reviews
1. Original Makin Bacon Microwave Bacon Tray – Perfect For Busy Mornings
If you belong to that group of people that have a love-hate relationship with bacon because of health reasons than this bacon cooker might answer your problems.
This is a microwave type of cooker, so with this tray, you will prepare bacon in a few quick minutes using hot air instead of letting it cook in fat. Therefore the fat will be reduced by an incredible 35%. If that isn’t enough for you, then you may need to give up on bacon.
This cooker is swift – approximately every strip of bacon will need up to one minute to be cooked till perfection. It is equipped with three T-shaped cooking bars. You can easily choose how many bars you will use depending on how much bacon strips you want to cook since they are removable.
The dish tray is deep enough to collect all the dripping fat so you can use it later for frying. But the tray does not guarantee you it will be splash-free, so it is recommended to cover the bacon with some baking paper to prevent a messy microwave.
The cooker is made from BPA-free plastic so it is suitable only for microwave oven and will melt if you expose it to higher temperatures. Also, the part of bacon that is placed over the bar will be undercooked compared to the part that hangs from the bars. On the other hand, it is dishwasher safe.
- Cooking bacon in the air reduce 35% of fat
- BPA-free plastic
- Dishwasher safe
- Deep tray and removable bars
- Not suitable for high temperatures
- Not entirely splash-free
2. Prep Solutions by Progressive Microwavable Bacon Grill – Ultimate Bargain-Counter
If you would rather avoid pan and have your bacon cooked in a healthier way than you should opt this model.
You can easily fit up to 9 strips of bacon at the same time. The inside of this model looks like a grill. This way, bacon will be placed on an elevated surface that will allow fat to drip down into the dish reducing the amount of fat and making your bacon healthier.
Don’t forget that you must occasionally turn the bacon to cook it evenly and make sure it is crisp. This bacon grill is versatile; you can use it for baking pizza rolls, patties, reheating pizza slices and more. Thanks to its convenient dimensions 12x10x2.25 inches this cooker can fit in almost all models of microwave ovens.
To prevent fat from splashing inside the microwave, this model comes with a vented cover. Also on the top of the lid, you will find the recessed handle to make lifting easier for you but make sure you use oven mitts to prevent burnings.
The bacon grill cooker is made from BPA-free plastic that is dishwasher safe.
- Using hot air for cooking bacon reduce the amount of fat
- BPA-free and dishwasher safe
- Suitable for all microwave ovens
- Comes with a protective lid to prevent splashing
- Bacon must e occasionally turned to be sure it is cooked well
If you love multitasking get ready to be blown away. We can’t describe to you how much we loved testing this appliance.
This bacon cooker can be used as an indoor grill, contact grill, and double griddle. This allows you to cook various foods. It is equipped with three different interchangeable non-stick griddle plates allowing you to cook burgers, eggs, bacon, steak, fish, veggies and a lot more.
You can opt to use this appliance opened or closed. When you open it you double the grilling space so you can place twice as many bacon strips, but you must not forget to turn the bacon from time to time to cook it properly. If you don’t want to bother yourself by checking up on your bacon, you can close the lid and be sure your bacon will be crisp on both sides in less than ten minutes.
The excess fat is automatically being drained away on a thin dish tray as the bacon is cooked. All you need to do after you finish the cooking is to tilt the appliance to pour the fat out. Be aware that the dish tray can thin out due to hot temperatures.
Temperature is adjustable in a range of 250°F to 400°F giving you total control while cooking. The only thing this cooker lacks is a built-in timer so you can set it and relax. Oh and yes we almost forget to mention that the non-stick plates are dishwasher safe.
- 3-in-1 cooker
- Non-stick dishwasher safe plates
- Adjustable temperature
- Automatically drain fat
- The lid can extend your cooking surface
- Dish tray can thin out due to hot temperatures
- No built-in timer
4. Smart Planet BNB 1BM Smart Planet Bacon Nation Bacon Master – Set It And Forget It
This is another type of electric cooker, specialized for cooking bacon only. This appliance features a stylish, sleek design and function similar to our fist model on the list.
Similar to the rack, the bacon is placed vertically on a non-stick cooking surface while being prepared. During the process of cooking the fat will easily drain in the dish tray at the bottom of the cooker. This model can accommodate six strips of bacon at the same time.
Before you place the bacon on, you must remove the lid and preheat the cooker. The lid will come in handily to prevent fat splashing around and to cause mess and burns. Both the dish tray and the lid are dishwasher safe, but you must wash the non-stick cooking surface by hand.
It is made of stainless steel so be careful when handling this appliance not to get burned since you can’t control the temperature and the exterior might heat up so mittens on! We must, unfortunately, tell you that this appliance does not heat evenly every time, which can result in undercooked bacon.
Do not despair you might not control the temperature, but you can control the time for sure thanks to the built-in timer. This way you can choose the texture of your bacon do you want it lightly or very crispy. Approximately bacon will need around eight minutes to be crispy and delicious.
- Sleek, stylish design
- Stainless steel
- The vertical design reduce fat retention
- Dish tray and lid are dishwasher safe
- Built-in timer
- The cooking surface must be washed manually
- Must be preheated before use
- Sometimes appliance does not heat evenly
5. KITCHENATICS Roasting & Baking Sheet with Cooling Rack – Cooking Old Fashion Way
If you are a supporter of proper old school cooking methods, we guess you still cook your bacon in the oven. For that, you will need the best possible baking sheet and a cooling rack. Read further to find out why we listed this product as the best option for cooking bacon in the oven.
First being so versatile is one of the best features of this product. You can bake almost anything on this baking sheet from roast, bacon, veggies, to desserts. It comes in two different sizes so you can choose the one that will fit your oven the best. You can easily fit up to 15 strips of bacon in a single go which is quite convenient for big families.
The pan is made from chemical-free heavy-duty aluminum that won’t warp and will withstand high temperatures for sure, but it is not suitable for dishwasher, and it is prone to scratching. The cooling rack, on the other hand, is made from 304 stainless steel that is rust-proof and dishwasher safe.
What we love about the rack is tight grid design so you can be sure your food won’t sag nor fall off of it. The 1-inch tall legs will provide much-needed airflow so your bacon will be cooked on both sides at the same time. Also, the excess fat will drip into the pan directly so your bacon will be less fatty and you can reuse the fat later if you prefer.
- Made from durable materials and warp resistant
- A cooling rack is dishwasher safe
- Tight grid rack design
- Reducing fat when cooking bacon
- The pan is not dishwasher safe and is prone to scratching
Reasons To Use A Bacon Cooker
How many times did you try to prepare bacon in a pan and ended up with burned not edible mess and greasy kitchen? By the time you finish up cleaning the mess in your kitchen caused by a few strips of bacon happily splashing excess fat around, you will lose your appetite. No need to be ashamed we’ ve all been there even the most experienced among us.
But don’t give up on the bacon so easily we have a solution for you guys. We would like to praise the hero who invented the bacon cooker, but we must get back to the business. Why should you use the bacon cooker? Well, it is obvious that greasy kitchen and a burned bacon are a big no-no, but health is way more important.
It is not enough to drain the excess fat from the bacon using kitchen towels because some grease will still linger. Consuming that much fat on a daily basis is not good for your overall health. To be honest fried bacon that is too greasy ain’t tasty enough.
How To Select The Right Bacon Cooker?
First, let’s focus on the type of bacon cookers. Depending on your cooking style, there are three different styles of bacon cooker you can choose from.
1. Microwave Bacon Cooker
- They are also known as grilling racks. Microwave bacon cookers are usually made from BPA-free plastic and are relatively cheap. You can’t use them anywhere else since they will meltdown when exposed to high temperatures.
- They all have slots where you can hang your bacon strips and a dish tray where the excess fat will drip. Some may come with a lid, and some don’t. The only thing to be concerned about is that bacon can be undercooked at the centre and they can’t hold as many strips as some other models can.
- If your mornings are very busy, but you still don’t want to skip breakfast at home, this is your kind of cooker. It is a convenient, healthier and faster way to cook the bacon, and they are easy to clean since they are dishwasher safe.
2. Electric Bacon Cooker
- They are related to electric skillets and grills. Some are versatile and can cook a wide variety of food, and some are made for bacon exclusively. Mainly they are made from stainless steel, and cooking surfaces can be washed in a dishwasher.
- The bacon strips can be placed vertically or horizontally on a non-stick surface, and the excess fat will drip into the pan or tray that can be removed. They all come with a lid that prevents the grease from splashing all-around your kitchen. In some cases, the lid can be used to extend the cooking surface.
- Some models feature adjustable temperature others have a built-in timer. In any case, this allows you to control the texture of your bacon. They will save you a lot of time, but they are slower than the microwave ones. Naturally, they are more expensive, and they require the space on your countertop. So think about all that before purchasing one.
3. Oven Bacon Cooker
- There is not a lot to talk about them. If you don’t like to rush things and you prefer to use a more traditional cooking style, then you are already well acquainted with this method of preparing bacon.
- All the oven bacon cookers are versatile; they are primarily pans with or without a cooling rack. In cases where the cooking pan comes without an adequate cooling rack, you can use your own smaller cooling rack or just simply lay the sheet of foil to prevent bacon sticking to the pan.
- You must pay attention and buy only the products that are not prone to warping and are able to withstand high oven temperatures. They are easy to clean thanks to its simple design, but some models can even be washed in a dishwasher.
Things To Consider Before Purchasing A Bacon Cooker
There are a few factors that you need to pay attention to if you want to buy the best possible bacon cooker.
- Your safety is in the first place. Always choose the materials that can’t harm your food in any way. For microwave style choose BPA-free plastic or silicon, the electric ones should always be from stainless steel, and the ones for the oven can be made from metal or ceramic. Those materials we listed will provide you with long lastingness and safety.
2. Size, Shape And Design
- This is important in many ways. Size depends on how many bacon strips you want and need to prepare in a single go. Most electric and microwave cookers can accommodate between 6 and 12 strips of bacon. But for larger groups and families, the best option is to use the oven racks.
- When we talk about design, we think about if you prefer your bacon to lay flat on the surface (and retain some fat), or you prefer them to hang up vertically so the excess fat can drip more easily. How deep the drip tray is will also contribute to the healthier diet leaving the excess fat far away from your food.
- The design is also important for storing. Flat cookers are easier to store.
3. Ease Of Cleaning
- Bacon is a queen of messy food; let’s be honest. Cleaning skillets after frying bacon is a living hell. So that’s why you should choose cookers that can be dismantled easily. For materials always first choose the ones that are dishwasher safe or at least non-stick and easy to clean.
4. Additional Optional Features
- The only thing you really need from the bacon cooker is to prepare the bacon to be crispy and delicious, but there are some features that can come in handy.
- For example, the lid for microwave bacon cookers to prevent splashing. The adjustable temperature, built-in timer, simple designs featuring no more than three parts will minimize the risk of losing the. Those are all features that can help you cook your bacon with more ease.
The Bottom Line
If you want to include a healthier and faster way of cooking bacon in your daily routine, than this article contains all the details you must know. In the end, you are the one who will decide which one of these five amazing bacon cookers will join your kitchen equipment. But as usual, here we will list our three top picks.
Best Overall Value: KITCHENATICS Roasting & Baking Sheet with Cooling Rack
- We always think going simple is the best way. If you still have doubts about it, consider how with buying this model, you will purchase a single item that can serve you in multiple purposes. That is money well spent if you ask us.
Best Budget Option: Prep Solutions by Progressive Microwavable Bacon Grill
- The best microwave cooker hands down. It will save you a lot of time and energy on cleaning and will cook your bacon crispy and delicious every time. The price is so low that you can even say you got it for free.
- This 3-in-1 device is designed to allow you to cook multiple items at once, and it has an adjustable temperature, hence giving you total control of the cooking process. There is nothing more that we need to say to make you consider this product as an option.