Top 5 Best Air Fryers 2020:
- COSORI Air Fryer
- Instant Pot Air Fryer
- Chefman TurboFry Air Fryer
- NUWAVE BRIO Digital Air Fryer
- Ultrean Air Fryer
Who doesn’t enjoy freshly fried chicken or crispy French fries? Let’s be honest, we all love it. But you have to agree they’re not the healthiest of meals. Wouldn’t it be great if we could enjoy our favorite fried treats without feeling guilty?
Luckily for all of us, the answer to this question lies in air fryers.
If you want to have a healthier diet, but you don’t want to give up tasty chicken, fries, or onion rings, all you need is an air fryer.
Air fryers are handy and versatile kitchen appliances that can completely change your diet and cooking style. Once you try it, you’ll see you can use it for all kinds of meals, be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or even desserts.
To help you get the best air fryer, we’ve looked high and low to find our top choices, and we’ve made this buying guide to help you make a smart decision. So, if you want to know what is the best air fryer, and what to look for, stay with us until the end.
Let’s get into it!
Best Air Fryers – Comparison Table
|Product||COSORI Air Fryer||Instant Pot Air Fryer||Chefman TurboFry Air Fryer||NUWAVE BRIO Digital Air Fryer||Ultrean Air Fryer|
|Size – inches||9.5 x 10 x 11.5||22.5 x 17.5 x 15.5||8 x 8 x 9.5||16.5 x 15.1 x 13.1||16 x 14 x 14|
|Weight – pounds||12.78||33.6||12.27||16.5||13.07|
|Number of preset menus||11||11||/||6||8|
|Temperature range – °F||170-400||70-400||200-400||100-400||200-400|
5 Best Air Fryers In 2020: Detailed Reviews
1. COSORI Air Fryer – Best Choice
The well-deserved number one place on our list goes to the COSORI air fryer. This air fryer has it all, and it’s within a reasonable price range.
For starters, it features a built-in digital one-touch screen menu that has 11 presets: poultry, seafood, steak, French fries, frozen food, shrimp, bacon, vegetables, root vegetables, bread, desserts, and preheat.
For sure, it’s one of the most versatile air fryers on the market. Plus, with the temperature range of 170-440 degrees Fahrenheit, and the time range of 1-60 minutes, you can make a huge number of meals for your entire family.
The display has a clever angled design, allowing you to see it clearly from above, so you don’t need to bend all the time. It also has some handy safety features, like the automatic shut off that prevents overcooking, overheat protection, a cool-touch handle, and a button guard to prevent accidental detachment.
The non-stick square basket is removable and dishwasher safe, so cleaning is a breeze. It’s also PFOA-free and BPA-free, so it’s completely safe to use with food.
While COSORI air fryer seems to be a perfect kitchen appliance, we have to note that some users complained it requires high maintenance and that the basket is sensitive and prone to peeling if you use metal utensils. So, to make it last longer, make sure to use silicone or other non-metal utensils.
- Clever angled display
- 11 presets
- Removable, non-stick basket is dishwasher safe
- Cool-touch handle
- Automatic shut off
- Basket is prone to peeling if not taken care of properly
2. Instant Pot Air Fryer – Premium Pick
The Instant Pot air fryer is one of the most popular choices when it comes to air fryers, and for good reasons. While it is amongst the best on the market, it’s not exactly budget-friendly, but if you’re looking for an air fryer that will serve you well for years to come, we highly suggest you invest your money into Instant Pot.
This handy appliance has some great features that could justify the price. It has 11 cooking programs that you can select on the digital display. It can pressure cook, saute, steam, slow cook, sous-vide, warm, roast, bake, broil, dehydrate, and of course, air fry.
The Instant Pot air fryer uses innovative EvenCrisp technology that ensures a perfect crunch with every bite and provides even cooking and frying.
The temperature range goes from 70 to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. You can also use the two features to make sure your dish stays at a ready-to-eat temperature – the Automatic and Manual Warm features.
We really appreciated all of the safety features of this device. There are 10+ of them, including the automatic pressure and temperature control, overheat protection, the safety lock, etc.
The inner pot is BPA-free, and it’s removable for easier cleaning, plus it’s dishwasher safe.
Overall, it’s a versatile, durable air fryer that is a bit expensive, but totally worth it.
- 11 cooking programs
- Digital display
- Manual warm feature
- 10+ safety features
- The inner pot is dishwasher safe
- It’s not exactly budget-friendly
3. Chefman TurboFry Air Fryer – Budget-Friendly Option
If you need a simple and affordable air fryer that’s easy to use and gets the job done, you’ll love the Chefman TurboFry air fryer. This little guy is very compact, convenient, and straightforward.
At first glance, you’ll notice that the design is quite modern – the matte black finish makes it simple but stylish. The sleek design is nice, but let’s see what this air fryer can actually do.
Firstly, it has a temperature range of 200-400 degrees Fahrenheit. You can prepare food at the desired temperature with 98% less oil, and it’s ideal for air frying frozen food, pizza, vegetables, and so on.
Both the temperature and cooking time (up to 60 minutes) are controlled with the dual knob. The knob is very simple to use, with minutes and degrees clearly marked on it. The good news is that there’s an automatic shut off feature, so it will automatically turn off and prevent overcooking.
The bad news is that there’s no digital display like most other air fryers have. This is not that big of a deal, but if you want a more modern, digitized device with many programs, maybe skip this one.
The basket features a non-stick coating, and it’s removable for easier cleaning. You can wash it by hand or you can put it in the dishwasher.
- Budget-friendly price
- Sleek and compact design
- Simple and easy to use
- Parts are dishwasher safe
- No digital display
- No different presets or programs
4. NUWAVE BRIO Digital Air Fryer – Well Thought Out Design
NUWAVE BRIO air fryer is one of those appliances that offers good value for money, and it’s definitely worth your time (and dollars).
This air fryer utilizes super-heated air and a special airflow design to cook crispy fried food without oil, extra fat, and calories. It also features Flavor-Infusion technology, and you can cook frozen food without the need to defrost it first, which is a real time-saver.
It has a temperature range of 100 to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, adjustable in 5-degree increments.
The NUWAVE air fryer has a lot of clever features, like the basket divider that you can use to cook two meals at once. It also has the digital display on top, and not on the side. This is really convenient as it allows you to look at it from above, and gives you a clear view of the entire screen without having to bend.
There are 6 preset menus which is not a lot compared to other models, but it could suffice. The options to choose from are fries, frozen fries, nuggets, steak, poultry, and fish.
Two handy features are the preheat and reheat. Preheat makes sure that the cooking chamber is at the perfect temperature before you put the food in, while reheat will evenly warm up your leftovers in just 4 minutes.
There are also safety features, like the automatic shut off. On top of that, the inner pot is removable and dishwasher safe.
- You can cook two meals at once
- Display located on the top
- Preheat and reheat features
- Only 6 preset menus
5. Ultrean Air Fryer – Don’t Miss Out
Finally, the number five place on our list goes to the Ultrean air fryer. This device is a perfect size for making large batches of your favorite food, enough for the entire family to enjoy.
This air fryer combines hot air with high-speed air circulation to cook your food quickly, efficiently, and evenly. The 360° Rapid Air Circulation Technology makes your food crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. Plus, it contains 85% less fat than traditionally fried food.
There are 8 preset menus, including cake, shrimp, meat, chips, chicken leg, steak, fish, and pizza, so you can cook, bake, fry, and grill all your favorite food effortlessly.
The temperature and time are easily controlled on the display, and there’s also a reheat option that can make your meal warm again in just a few minutes. The digital display, while easy to use, is not light enough, so in certain situations, it may be a bit difficult to read.
The design of this air fryer is simple but sleek, and it comes with a cookbook that has 50 delicious recipes, so it would make a perfect gift for someone who loves to cook and likes shiny kitchen appliances.
Don’t worry about cleaning the Ultrean air fryer. The inner pot is removable and it’s dishwasher safe. You can also wash it by hand, but in that case, make sure to use a soft sponge, never and abrasive one.
- 8 preset menus
- Reheat option
- Simple and easy to use
- Easy to clean
- The display could be better
Benefits Of Using An Air Fryer
1. Healthy Cooking
- Although food prepared in a deep fryer may be more moist, tender, or tasty, air fried meals are generally a lot healthier. By using an air fryer, not only do you reduce oil consumption, but you also significantly reduce the number of calories per meal. Studies have shown that air fried food contains up to 80% fewer calories compared to deep fried food.
|Calories in a Deep Fryer||Calories in an Air Fryer|
|Fish & Chips||1087||600|
|Scampi & Chips||975||424|
- Most air fryers have different programs and menu presets that allow you to make all kinds of dishes quickly and effortlessly. From breakfast and lunch to dinner and even desserts, you can find so many amazing recipes for air fried dishes. By using an air fryer for all your meals, you can enjoy guilt-free, healthier versions of deep-fried food.
- Since you don’t need to use oil with air fryers, there’s less chance you’re going to get hurt or burned. Compared to regular cooking, or even a deep fryer, air fryer is a much safer option. Air fryers also come with a number of safety features, making cooking a safe and enjoyable process.
What To Consider Before You Buy An Air Fryer
Air fryers can be pricey, so it’s important to know what to look for. They also have different options and preset menus, so make sure to choose the one that fits your cooking needs.
Let’s take a look at the most important things to consider before you buy an air fryer.
1. Digital Vs. Manual
- Digital air fryers are an ever-growing market, and they’re steadily but surely replacing the more traditional, manual models. If you take a look at data collected in the past five years and the predictions for the next five years, you can clearly see that digital air fryers are dominant in the market.
- Air fryers can do many things – pressure cook, saute, slow cook, warm, roast, bake, broil, dehydrate, and of course, air fry. Some can even steam your food, but if you’re going to steam food often, we recommend getting a steamer, instead of using an air fryer for this.
- Most of the air fryers come with many preset menus, like chicken, fries, shrimp, steak, cake, frozen food, and so on.
- All this means that getting a high-quality air fryer also means you’re getting a versatile appliance that can cook a lot of meals that are not only delicious but are also healthy.
3. Cleaning And Maintenance
- The good thing about cooking food in an air fryer is that there’s not a lot of mess afterward, especially because you don’t need to use oil, so there’s no greasy aftermath.
- It still, of course, needs to be cleaned after each use, but cleaning shouldn’t be a hassle. Almost all air fryers have removable cooking chambers that allow you to wash it easily, and they’re usually dishwasher safe, in case you don’t feel like washing them manually.
- Some air fryers require a bit of maintenance, especially if they have a matte finish. It’s nothing special, just make sure to clean it with a soft cloth instead of an abrasive one, to avoid any damages. Also, don’t use metal utensils to stir the inner pot since it can cause the surface to peel. The better options are silicone or wooden utensils.
4. Safety Features
- As we already mentioned, air fryers are a much safer way to fry food compared to the traditional way, or even a deep fryer. Since there’s no oil involved, there’s no spattering of the same, and no chance to get burned.
- Also, air fryers have many safety features, like the automatic shut off, that will prevent overcooking, but it will also turn off the fryer so you don’t have to do it manually.
- Besides that, you can look for handles that stay cool, special safety locks, etc.
5. Ease Of Use
- A good air fryer should be simple to use. Although they have a lot of programs and preset options, they shouldn’t be too complicated to maneuver. All the options, as well as the temperature and time control, should be clearly marked on the display (or the knob), so you can turn it on in just a few simple steps.
- All the air fryers we selected for you are very clear and easy to use, so cooking should be a breeze!
Final Thoughts And Recommendations
Using an air fryer is a great way to enjoy your favorite fried meals without feeling guilty. But that’s not all.
Air fryers are versatile devices that can do many things besides fry. So, if you need a smart, versatile appliance that cooks delicious and healthy meals, choose any of our top five choices and we guarantee you won’t regret it.
To sum up, let us tell you a few final words about our top recommendations.
Best Choice: COSORI Air Fryer
- From the design and versatility to high performance and safety features, we loved everything about the COSORI air fryer. It’s a durable device that you can use for a variety of meals, and it’s quite affordable.
Premium Pick: Instant Pot Air Fryer
- Truly the best and most multipurpose choice is the Instant Pot air fryer. Although it is on the expensive side, we believe you won’t regret spending your money on this one. If you want a premium pick, this is the one to go with.
Budget-Friendly Option: Chefman TurboFry Air Fryer
- Three words to describe the Chefman TurboFry air fryer would be simple, straightforward, and affordable. This one doesn’t have a digital display, but it will get the job done, and if you want a more traditional (and budget-friendly) air fryer, you’ll love it.